[A13] Ocean Biome mod

Started by Jakub k., April 14, 2016, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What improvements should i add.  2 votes per person

wooden floors that can float on water
81 (73.6%)
changing the fertility of sand to something higher
17 (15.5%)
allowing to place soil on the wooden floors (this and wooden floor idea)
48 (43.6%)
palm trees on sand (might be hard for me)
33 (30%)
beach themed joy items (yea idk)
23 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

lost_RD

Quote from: knainoa on May 10, 2016, 05:42:54 PM
Hey Jakub. went in and fixed the problem myself, looks like it was due to a few missing defs in the file. this actually made the mod very compatible with various biome altering mods. Im gonna post it here for anyone to use, but since its still your mod with my edit, feel free to use and take credit for the update!  :D

great work love this mod

Nice work, I had that same issue

Jakub k.

Quote from: knainoa on May 10, 2016, 05:42:54 PM
Hey Jakub. went in and fixed the problem myself, looks like it was due to a few missing defs in the file. this actually made the mod very compatible with various biome altering mods. Im gonna post it here for anyone to use, but since its still your mod with my edit, feel free to use and take credit for the update!  :D

great work love this mod
good job!

also,did you test that it works?

Jakub k.

i decided to maybe make some mods for this mod.
ill make a poll...i think

knainoa

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 02:31:19 AM

thats a great idea! i think this could end up being a really cool mod (not that it isnt already, very fun playing in the ocean - kind of like that Waterworld movie with Kevin Costner)

I did test the patch and it works perfectly with almost all biome changing and map changing mods, as long as it is loaded in the correct order.

Jakub k.

Quote from: knainoa on May 11, 2016, 04:07:05 AM
Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 02:31:19 AM

thats a great idea! i think this could end up being a really cool mod (not that it isnt already, very fun playing in the ocean - kind of like that Waterworld movie with Kevin Costner)

I did test the patch and it works perfectly with almost all biome changing and map changing mods, as long as it is loaded in the correct order.
Nice! i wish i could just change the way islands are created....a blob instead of this sand strip

also,the poll will end on the Friday the 13th. thats when ill start implementing the chosen features

pbr7994

Can I make an alternate suggestion for the poll?
I though about implementing something like a pier at the waters edge that a pawn can work at to scavenge driftwood?
and then maybe have to treat that driftwood at another table to prep it for building?

Rock5

Quote from: pbr7994 on May 11, 2016, 12:09:41 PM
I though about implementing something like a pier at the waters edge that a pawn can work at to scavenge driftwood?
and then maybe have to treat that driftwood at another table to prep it for building?
I don't know, that sounds harder than it should be. If there is going to be drift wood it should spawn along the shore (if that's possible) so it can be collected. I don't think you should need to "treat" it.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Jakub k.

Quote from: Rock5 on May 11, 2016, 01:01:45 PM
Quote from: pbr7994 on May 11, 2016, 12:09:41 PM
I don't know, that sounds harder than it should be. If there is going to be drift wood it should spawn along the shore (if that's possible) so it can be collected. I don't think you should need to "treat" it.
pier sounds possible,but would be annoying to use.would you really spend a whole day getting small amounts of incoming wood? i mean,if it's in the middle of the ocean,the chances would decrease.i can't code that in sorry :P

Jakub k.

hm i've been looking throught the floor files,and i don't really see any way of chaning where the floors can be placed. if anyone knows where i can find that please tell me.i'll look for a bit longer

EDIT:
i couldn't find it,but i can replace the shallow water to be like marsh soil,so floors can be put on it...is this good enough?

Jakub k.

eeehh triple post.
update:
added a test terrain called kinda shallow water.it allows you to create structures buildings and floors ontop of it.it has a debug texture right now to make it eye catching,anyway,that might mean the fish industry mod would need an addon to work on the new terrain type.i have no clue how to make only specific floor types be placeable on water,but i'll work on it

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

knainoa

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 02:52:27 PM
eeehh triple post.
update:
added a test terrain called kinda shallow water.it allows you to create structures buildings and floors ontop of it.it has a debug texture right now to make it eye catching,anyway,that might mean the fish industry mod would need an addon to work on the new terrain type.i have no clue how to make only specific floor types be placeable on water,but i'll work on it

thats some bloody water. Looks like if only the large water body is buildable and that little strip after the sandbar (the one that isnt bright orange) is still fishable? If that's the case then no need to edit the FishIndustry mod, just build your piers on that side. As for the driftwood thing, it does seem like a hassle but i think mutant verison of the FI mod to give wood instead of fish could work. And yes I dont know how to change buildable status on floors either  :-\ probably advanced stuff

Jakub k.

Quote from: knainoa on May 11, 2016, 03:50:42 PM
Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 02:52:27 PM
eeehh triple post.
update:

thats some bloody water. Looks like if only the large water body is buildable and that little strip after the sandbar (the one that isnt bright orange) is still fishable? If that's the case then no need to edit the FishIndustry mod, just build your piers on that side. As for the driftwood thing, it does seem like a hassle but i think mutant verison of the FI mod to give wood instead of fish could work. And yes I dont know how to change buildable status on floors either  :-\ probably advanced stuff
actually,i changed the water thingy majig to smoothhard,same with my custom floor,so i nolonger have to make an addon or change anything.all i need now is a texture

lost_RD

Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 03:59:23 PMall i need now is a texture

If you post the original texture here as a png or bmp, I can modify it a bit

Jakub k.

Quote from: lost_RD on May 12, 2016, 03:43:19 AM
Quote from: Jakub k. on May 11, 2016, 03:59:23 PMall i need now is a texture

If you post the original texture here as a png or bmp, I can modify it a bit
that's the problem,i'm unable to post the wood texture here due to the problems im having with actually getting it. :P

lost_RD

Here are the textures, my idea was to have the wood floor with some holes so you can see water underneath.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]