[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 20, 2015, 12:53:51 PM
So, after actually testing A9 for the first time I realized, you guys went through all those guns and redid the sprite work to match the vanilla style better, only for A9 to come along and completely redo the vanilla style. Tynan trolled you pretty hard on that one, didn't he? :P

Yes, guess on how the main art developer reacted on that. :P

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Evul on February 20, 2015, 08:58:47 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on February 20, 2015, 12:53:51 PM
So, after actually testing A9 for the first time I realized, you guys went through all those guns and redid the sprite work to match the vanilla style better, only for A9 to come along and completely redo the vanilla style. Tynan trolled you pretty hard on that one, didn't he? :P

Yes, guess on how the main art developer reacted on that. :P

I'd like a screenshot of the "WTF, man?" message sent to Tynan. ;)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Dragoon

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on February 20, 2015, 09:35:47 PM
I'd like a screenshot of the "WTF, man?" message sent to Tynan. ;)

Will these work lol?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Evul

Well the actual chatlog rant is priceless.

Evul

We have around 90 weapons left now.  Slow but steady. :)

Evul

Due to the fact that our SVN server is undergoing maintenance today i am doing a live stream of the latest (Project Armory) devbuild via Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ColdEvil

EDIT: and died horrible.

Plymouth

Main art dev. here. About the artwork, tynan has simplified it a lot, and went from pixel art to outliner tool and downscale untill it's 64x64 in best quality. If I wanted I could redraw everything again in less than a day to fit the "vanilla" style better but I think what I drew actually BY HAND is better than simply putting an outliner tool and downscaling it in best  quality.

MsMeiriona

*bounces in eager anticipation* I was about to get this for 8 when 9 came out, can't wait to try it.

Evul

We are slowly getting it to work with alpha 9. :)
We have some issues regarding our bullet assembly that don't work.

We are also rewriting everything and that's a slow process. This will be the only rewrite we do after this everything will be working smoothly. (As long as i am anal when it comes to the name format and bullet names).

skullywag

Quote from: Plymouth on February 22, 2015, 07:47:58 AM
Main art dev. here. About the artwork, tynan has simplified it a lot, and went from pixel art to outliner tool and downscale untill it's 64x64 in best quality. If I wanted I could redraw everything again in less than a day to fit the "vanilla" style better but I think what I drew actually BY HAND is better than simply putting an outliner tool and downscaling it in best  quality.

As an almost "pure dev and not really an artist but still trying to do his own art" person, can you put a simplified process of how you achieve what you the above. Outliner tool is whats confusing me and ive always struggled to match vanillas art style.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RemingtonRyder

It might be like the path tool in GIMP. That's what I used to create my turret textures.

You see, a path can be turned into a selection, and vice versa. So if I turn the paths for the visible parts into a selection and then grow that selection by 2px, I can fill it with black and put that behind the rest of the textures.

However, you may find that this outline is too coarse. If so, run a blur filter to take away a little of the hardness of the edge. In GIMP you can also fade image operations like this one. About 50% seems just right.

Hope this helps!

MsMeiriona

Quote from: Evul on February 24, 2015, 03:36:24 AM
We are slowly getting it to work with alpha 9. :)
We have some issues regarding our bullet assembly that don't work.

We are also rewriting everything and that's a slow process. This will be the only rewrite we do after this everything will be working smoothly. (As long as i am anal when it comes to the name format and bullet names).
You guys are amazing. Take your time, don't overwork yourselves! I'm patient.

Alistaire

I'm not sure whether you've already seen it, but the current gun sprites are the following:

dareddevil7

PlayerTwo

Quote from: Alistaire on February 26, 2015, 11:36:32 AM
I'm not sure whether you've already seen it, but the current gun sprites are the following:

Looks nice :D