[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

Hey just want to ask will this be 2.18 or just bring 2.17 up to alpha 9?

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

InfinityKage

Oh my god... I just thought of a weapon that I can't believe it took me this long to think of... The X-Buster!

Anduin1357

I found this really good shot of the side of an AMP-69 while randomly looking through numbers, I hope this comes in use...
AMP-69 Left Side.jpg
7.62x39mm, Iron sights, Gas-operated. Takes after the AK-63.
(Assuming AK-63 like performance) 600 rnds/min, 30rnd/cartridge, 500m effective range.
(Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain)

Evul

Hello!
Just putting in a life sign. :)
Been ill but i'am beginning to feel better and i am now rapping things together :)

Vonholtz

Quote from: Evul on March 23, 2015, 11:58:37 AM
Hello!
Just putting in a life sign. :)
Been ill but i'am beginning to feel better and i am now rapping things together :)
It alive!!!!!! LoL still no rush heath before game. Glad you feel better.  ;)

Evul

We what a clean and fully working release with no hotfixes. I also want the cost to correspond to the game and be balanced. :)

Evul

Quote from: Anduin1357 on March 20, 2015, 09:18:10 AM
I found this really good shot of the side of an AMP-69 while randomly looking through numbers, I hope this comes in use...
AMP-69 Left Side.jpg
7.62x39mm, Iron sights, Gas-operated. Takes after the AK-63.
(Assuming AK-63 like performance) 600 rnds/min, 30rnd/cartridge, 500m effective range.
(Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain)

Cool one! :)
Will add it to our """""""""small""""""""" to be made list. :)

Also nice that you added the values for the weapon :)
That saves us some time :)

EDIT: 600rpm is 9 ticksBetweenBurstShots :) in our mod.
-RPM * 0.009 + 14 = tBBS

LORDPrometheus

So is the alpha 9 update going to require the crazy amount of work required for... was it 7 or 8 that was a crazy hard update?

Evul

Well alpha 8 to alpha 9 conversion was not that hard that is pretty much already done. The thing that take time is the total rebalance and overhaul of the mod.

CB elite

Yeah, a lot of the market values and damage values of the vanilla game's weapons were redone, and that made even re-balancing my little list of less than 15 weapons difficult to balance right. It's especially tricky with the weapon quality feature that messes with the values of your weapons, too. If the base weapon stats aren't right, the game will totally screw players in one way or another.

Excited to play with these weapons with Alpha 9 when you're done though :)

LORDPrometheus

Quote from: Evul on March 25, 2015, 09:13:18 PM
Well alpha 8 to alpha 9 conversion was not that hard that is pretty much already done. The thing that take time is the total rebalance and overhaul of the mod.

I see that as good news. Balancing is boring and tedious but straightforward.

Imagine if the alpha 9 update did to rimworld mods what the 1.8 update did to minecraft mods!

Also of I start a game now will I be able to safely add Project armory mid game or is that a bad idea?

Evul

Quote from: LORDPrometheus on March 26, 2015, 01:38:29 PM
I see that as good news. Balancing is boring and tedious but straightforward.
Yes.

Quote from: LORDPrometheus on March 26, 2015, 01:38:29 PMImagine if the alpha 9 update did to rimworld mods what the 1.8 update did to minecraft mods!
not really sure what happened between 1.7 and 1.8 actually ^^

Quote from: LORDPrometheus on March 26, 2015, 01:38:29 PM
Also of I start a game now will I be able to safely add Project armory mid game or is that a bad idea?

Yes, there should be no problem doing that. I usually add new weapons during a game my self ^^ With no new game.  :)
Removing the mod midgame will tho cause problems :)

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Evul on March 26, 2015, 02:20:37 PM

Basically what happened is that 1.8 forced blockstates for every placeable object. Now, this isn't a problem when your placing blocks since they only have one or two states. Now Tileentities (the block code most mods use) can require up to 4096 states which is extremely tedious to code (some mods need a complete rewrite), so atm Forge is trying to rollback the blockstate requirement until mods utilize the new blockstates or find a way for Forge to declare said Blockstates.

ANYWAY, on topic, it there anyway to add explosive types? (fragmentation vs HE vs stun/flash (hell even HEAT for the mechanoids))

popster99

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on March 30, 2015, 03:04:00 PM
Quote from: Evul on March 26, 2015, 02:20:37 PM

Basically what happened is that 1.8 forced blockstates for every placeable object. Now, this isn't a problem when your placing blocks since they only have one or two states. Now Tileentities (the block code most mods use) can require up to 4096 states which is extremely tedious to code (some mods need a complete rewrite), so atm Forge is trying to rollback the blockstate requirement until mods utilize the new blockstates or find a way for Forge to declare said Blockstates.

ANYWAY, on topic, it there anyway to add explosive types? (fragmentation vs HE vs stun/flash (hell even HEAT for the mechanoids))
The different types of round sound cool maybe you could make it so you have a different weapon eg an ak-47 normal then ak-47 heat/HE/stun or frag and when it shot it would be a normal shot but what ever it hits it spawns a grenade that does the effect that the gun has eg you hit a mech the it spawns heat grenade under it then the grenade explodes maybe you could change the time it takes grenades to explode