[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StalkerCZ

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on January 14, 2015, 10:04:47 AM
Quote from: Evelyn on January 13, 2015, 11:23:16 PM
There are other ways to learn about World War 2 weaponry aside from a video game that has a very poor variety anyhow. Such as opening a book or reading Wikipedia if you're so inclined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_weapons

Thanx ! Good to have all in one place.
And it doesn't even glorify Nazism

Speaking of new weapons, can we get an AK-12 at some point? http://world.guns.ru/assault/rus/kalashnikov-ak-12-e.html
Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Evul

Evul

dareddevil7

could a riot shield be in the foreseeable future?

Evelyn

A riot shield probably would not be of much protection against high-powered military-grade weapons.

Bergfinn

Hey there,

first time poster and registered for this, is it correct that several textures seem to be missing? The KRISS Vector, Hand Mortar, VSS Vintorez, M78, Dragunov and lots others appear as cloth or other placeholder textures.

Could this be due to other mods interfering?

EDIT: Reloading the game seem to have solved it, however I am still intrigued about what could have caused it.

Evul

When activating a mod that have textures you always need to restart the game. Else strange thing might appear.

I have never encounters the graphic bug on the weapon my self but i have seen it on other mods.

EDIT: Also Welcome to the forum :)

Professor Cupcake

So you have an L85A1, but not the A2.

Boy, am I glad weapon condition isn't a thing yet :P

Evul

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on January 15, 2015, 04:48:39 PM
So you have an L85A1, but not the A2.

Boy, am I glad weapon condition isn't a thing yet :P

You sure about that? ;)
Weapon health is some times reduced or increased depending on the weapon. Ak have 150 health instead of 100 but it does not effect anything. :p

Professor Cupcake

Quote from: Evul on January 15, 2015, 04:51:21 PM
it does not effect anything. :p

Precisely.

On a side note, would there be any chance of getting the original sound effect for the M-41A? If so, I probably wouldn't stop using it :D

Evelyn

Is it just me, Evul, or do you have a bit of a pro-Soviet/Russian bias? You'd think somebody who violates your airspace on a routine basis would be a bit more disliked by the populace.

I mean no offense, of course. It's just that the favoritism you give the AK-47 (which holds the sole real-world advantage of being cheaper than water, so to speak) strikes me as odd.

Evul

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on January 15, 2015, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: Evul on January 15, 2015, 04:51:21 PM
it does not effect anything. :p

Precisely.

On a side note, would there be any chance of getting the original sound effect for the M-41A? If so, I probably wouldn't stop using it :D

I will se what I can do :)

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 05:25:10 PM
Is it just me, Evul, or do you have a bit of a pro-Soviet/Russian bias? You'd think somebody who violates your airspace on a routine basis would be a bit more disliked by the populace.

I mean no offense, of course. It's just that the favoritism you give the AK-47 (which holds the sole real-world advantage of being cheaper than water, so to speak) strikes me as odd.

Well I am going thru all the weapons and the AK-47 are on the top of the our weapon list when we sort for world names (Modern), also it is one of the first weapons in the mod and it is wildly spread and resilient. To simulate that it is cheap and have more health. Other weapon will in time also be added and have there unique bonus or fault.

Evelyn

Couldn't you actually make it cheap so that raiders would have it more often, as opposed to making it ungodly overpowered compared to actual modern weapons?

Evul

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 05:40:14 PM
Couldn't you actually make it cheap so that raiders would have it more often, as opposed to making it ungodly overpowered compared to actual modern weapons?

In 2.18 town guards and villagers will be able to carry them :)
Villager  0 to 250
TownGuard  60 to 150
This is the silver a pawn uses before spawning to buy a weapon. If it is inside the price range they will spawn with it of possible. Ofcause it is random.

Edit: i cant effect how common it is. But I can effect if it possible to be spawned with. Also I don't make weapons that is overpowered :) that I leave for users to make modmods for :)

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Evul on January 14, 2015, 03:40:09 AM
Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 13, 2015, 06:08:45 PM
Can you look at Company of Heroes 2? I'm sure it will give you some ideas for WW2 weaponry.

Are there a weapon in particular in CoH2 you whant us to look at? :)
We will probably add more weapons from WW2 weapons as soon as all our current weapons are updated. :)

Germans
Do you have kar98's or FG42 / FjG42, (light machine guns), or the average gewehr. Model 24 Stielhandgranate (Stick Grenade / Potato Masher), the best grenade in WW2. Panzerfaust. Like a Panzerschreck, but disposable. And Panzerschrecks have those cool shields on them. Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44) Obersodalten sometimes had them with the first scope that caught heat. Maschinenpistole 44 (MP44)
Plus, their regular mortar. It might need 2 people to crew, GrW 34

This is Russians:
Degtyarev PTRD 1941 (PTRD-41) anti-tank Rifle. Could shred infantry. And much much more!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!