[1.0]Toxic Fallout Protection Suit[V1.9.3]

Started by Chaia, July 15, 2016, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long do your colonists wear the toxic fallout protection suit?

Always, without dropping it even for in-base works
5 (26.3%)
Most time, with dropping it for time critical tasks
0 (0%)
Some time, only wearing it for outside works
12 (63.2%)
Never, because you forget about it / it's not that useful to you / you don't spend that much time outside
2 (10.5%)
Other (add a comment)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: July 24, 2016, 03:15:47 AM

Chaia

Toxic Fallout Protection Suit™
or simply ABC-Suit now called Enviromental Protection set
Description

This mod adds a few items to deal with toxic fallout events. Currently included is a suit, which protects from toxic buildup, a modifier for the vanilla power armor (Complete set adds 45% protection) and a drug, which reduces the effect of toxic fallouts (with some good and bad side effects)

You can modifier your own clothes to give protection against toxic buildup!

Quote<equippedStatOffsets>
     <ToxicSensitivity>-0.20</ToxicSensitivity>
    </equippedStatOffsets>

If your piece of apparel already has the tag <equippedStatOffsets>, just add the ToxicSensitivity to it, if not, you can copy this little piece of code and put it into your apparel xml! An offset of -1 means 100% protection against toxic fallout.

You can obtain the suit with researching and crafting it (at the tailoring bench).

Also the suit is set up that way, that you can wear some clothes beneath it, useful for colder climates.

This is my first release of that suit (and my very first mod release at all), there could be some balancing issues or other stuff coming

Expanded mods

- Enviromental Protection set protects from chemical weather

- Enviromental Protection set protects from radiation from RimAtomics. The whole set of my protection suit gives the same protection against radiation as the two-pieces-set already in RimAtomics.

Dependencies and Incompabilities

It requires Community Core Library - no longer needs CLL (as it isn't updated anymore anyway)

Since V1.3 this mod also detours the "Ingested"-method, which is called upon eating something. - Currently not included

Since V1.2 a xml-change to the power armor is included. This makes it incompatible to other mods, which modifies the power armor xml. If you don't like my change, simply remove it as mentioned in the changelog Since V1.6 compatibility is given by the new vanilla def modification abilities, unless a mod replaces the whole <equippedStatOffsets> of the power armor, everything should work fine!

There could be also incompabilites with mods that change how the toxic fallout works, but there are no out there, as far as I know. For its function this mod detours and overrites the MapConditionTick() of the MapCondition_ToxicFallout. If you experience incompabilities, please tell! - Now uses vanilla method of protection

Download and Installing

-Delete any existing Installation of the Mod
-Download the Mod here

or just use the steam workshop

I also recommend using the Clutter mod as this offers a storage locker for storing your complete outfit with one click! Awesome for fast switching between in-base outfit and toxic protection suit. Thanks to mrofa for his awesome mod and drakulux for mentioning it!

Terms of Usage

You are free to use this mod as it is for modpacks, if you mention me as author.

Changelog

Version 1.0 - Release

Version 1.0a - Cleanup of Mod-Data

Version 1.1 - Updated for Rimworld Alpha 14, added Fallout-scenario and also moved to Github

Version 1.2 - Added AddOn for Power Armor, so a complete Power Armor gives you 45% toxin protection - if you don't like that, go to RimWorld/Mods/ABC-Suit/Defs/ThingDefs and delete Power_Armor_AddOn.xml

Version 1.3 - Added makeshift ToxAway for removing already built up toxins; Added a XML-entry to modify difficulty of toxic fallout events; Toxic Buildup ticks now 10x more, but with only 10% power. That should make toxic buildup more steadily, without increasing the difficulty.

Version 1.4 - Updated for 0.16; Removed ToxAway for now; Toxic buildup ticks now again in vanilla-mode

Version 1.5- ToxAway is available again; Added in a Hediff, which reduces toxic sensitivity, but with some drawbacks
-> ToxAway currently reduces 0.25 toxic sensitivity per pill and each pill last 0.25 days. If you take more pills at once, the duration and effects will stack/rise.
-> Overdosing ToxAway will lead to kidney and liver damage
- ToxAway can be crafted after some mid-game research, but is kinda cheap to craft right now compared to the other good drugs (probably going to nerf that)

V1.6 - Updated for RimWorld 0.17
- Power Armor AddOn now uses the vanilla def modification abilities
- ToxAway stages are corrected (one Pill of ToxAway should give only low dose of it)
- Removed the permanent Toxic Fallout scenario, as a lot defs were changed and broke everything, the scenario will come back soon

V1.7 - Updated for RimWorld 0.18
- Fixes

V1.8 - Updated for RimWorld B19
- Moved ToxAway production to the drug labor
- Reduced the cost of the ABC-Suit slightly
- Added compability to mods using StatDef "Radiation", for example the RimAtomics (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25124.0). The ABC-Suit gives the same protection against radiation as the RadSuit with the buff split up on the three parts of the ABC-Suit

V1.8.1
- Fixed an issue with raiders trying to spawn with an addiction to ToxAway

V1.9
- Updated for Rimworld 1.0

V1.9.1
- Fixed an issue with pawns wearing the suit being able to die of heatstroke and frostbite at the same time

V1.9.2
- Added russian language (thanks kr33man for making it!)
- Added german language
- Fixed an issue with RimAtomics radiation protection not added properly
- Renamed the ABC-Suit [Helmet/Jacket/Pants] to Enviromental Protection [Helmet/Suit/Pants]

V1.9.3
- Fixed issue with CE compability - resulting in an error (Thanks duanethebathtub for reporting it!)

christianmc1101

Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

skullywag

Where did you come from! Brilliant. Well implemented mod. You can stay. :P
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Chaia

Out of the deep sea of Java, C++ and Lua. Lurked for quite some time, now I'm ready to breach C#! :D
Report every bug or imbalance

BlackSmokeDMax

Nice!

Were you the one who said "Challenge accepted" on the Steam Forums (or was that youtube)? If so, that was damn fast work!

Fluffy (l2032)

Nice work! :D

One small note, because I'm bored at work and have a pathological need to see other people's code; Detours.TryDetourFromTo() doesn't normally raise exceptions, it'll return false if the detour fails (usually because one or the other methodinfo is null).

Chaia

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 15, 2016, 08:07:32 AM
Nice!

Were you the one who said "Challenge accepted" on the Steam Forums (or was that youtube)? If so, that was damn fast work!

Actually no, did someone got challenged to do a toxin protection suit?

edit: Can you link that were you read that?

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on July 15, 2016, 08:21:38 AM
Nice work! :D

One small note, because I'm bored at work and have a pathological need to see other people's code; Detours.TryDetourFromTo() doesn't normally raise exceptions, it'll return false if the detour fails (usually because one or the other methodinfo is null).

Good to know, stole that line from some other mod and used it for mine, had absolutly no idea how that detour-function worked :P

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Chaia on July 15, 2016, 08:22:50 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 15, 2016, 08:07:32 AM
Nice!

Actually no, did someone got challenged to do a toxin protection suit?

Kind of, but named stillsuit after the Dune outfit. Same purpose.

Great job though! I'll link this thread to that discussion if I can find it again, so the other person doesn't go to the trouble of duplicating this for no reason. Especially with the nice artwork you have going on in this one!

Well done!!

isistoy

Hey, That's a great release you got here.

Quill18 (twitch and youtube streamer) is doing an A14 preview and his 1st scenario was with a permanent toxic fallout condition.
He was trying to color the story of his preview with some Fallout Vault ideas.
After failing to survive, he said someone would probably be well creating some protections against toxic fallout.
This is one of them, already :)
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Chaia

Quote from: isistoy on July 15, 2016, 08:35:08 AM
Hey, That's a great release you got here.

Quill18 (twitch and youtube streamer) is doing an A14 preview and his 1st scenario was with a permanent toxic fallout condition.
He was trying to color the story of his preview with some Fallout Vault ideas.
After failing to survive, he said someone would probably be well creating some protections against toxic fallout.
This is one of them, already :)

His struggle with the permament fallout was actually my reason to make this mod ;-)

isistoy

Ahaaa :D
You have enriching capabilities, then

katjezz

i hope you are going to update this to a14

Jakub k.

perfect for non stop fallout in alpha 14 :D

Chaia

Did someone actually try it out yet? There should be no heavy bugs, but I'm still unsure about how to balance it right :P

isistoy

Nope.
Quoting yourself: "its true use will come up in alpha 14 with permanent toxic fallout map condition!"

To quickly test it out, it would mean using A13 + debug trigger the event.
Steam A14 is in the releasing, just now (1h 1/2 in EU)...