[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xubrim

Glad to hear it. This is one of those mods that utterly changes how you plan and build your base, and playing without it just feels... incomplete.

faltonico

Quote from: Rootkr on May 27, 2017, 11:08:44 PM
Technically this is not an issue as the industrial cooler/ heaters do not generate flow. You need to have at least 1 intake duct for every 4 output ducts. Your home HVAC system works similarly having at least one intake, otherwise there would be no air to be forced out of the vents. Hope this helps.
Sry you have to tell me how you do it, because i couldn't make it work with any set up i imagined using just intakes and outputs for the industrial cooler/heater.

TL;DR: Snapshot or is not real ;p

DDRMANIAC007

Quote from: Canute on June 16, 2017, 06:31:50 AM
xmas 2018, maybe earlier.
Well hopefully it's not that long. I've been playing a map with a -70c winter and I realized how much I miss using this mod.

Ozymandias

I've never used this mod and I've been monitoring it closely anticipating it's release!

PixelBitZombie

This, this is what I need. It would cut down on so many useless coolers. I really hope you bring this back or at least someone picks it up.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

DDRMANIAC007

Really miss this mod. It may have helped me when this happened...

Beathrus

Canute

how much do you miss it ?
So nuch that you learn how to mod and update it ? :)

lperkins2

So, checking out the source code on github, I spotted that someone (richmost) has a fork which is updated for A17.1557.  Unfortunately, he did not provide the compiled assemblies to make it actually work.  Anyway, about 2 hours of getting monodevelop to build for dotnet 3.5 later, I have a working copy that doesn't seem to be spitting errors into the console.

If anyone is interested, I'm including a copy here.  I make no promises about it, I didn't even more than glance at the changes richmost made, so make sure you back up your save file and what not first.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Anvil_Pants

Quote from: Canute on June 27, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
how much do you miss it ?
So nuch that you learn how to mod and update it ? :)

Well, someone did.

https://github.com/ZpmFred/RimWorld-RedistHeat

Two someones.

https://github.com/Morgloz/RimWorld-RedistHeat/pulls

Edit: lperkins2 found a third someone.

Beside which Morgloz is also that sort of someone. He took over Redist when its original author needed to leave.  :-*

lperkins2

Yeah, I looked at those two as well, I think they are for a previous version of A17, but may well work too.  Like richmost's version, they don't provide the assembly.

Erratum

Quote from: lperkins2 on June 27, 2017, 07:28:04 PM
So, checking out the source code on github, I spotted that someone (richmost) has a fork which is updated for A17.1557.  Unfortunately, he did not provide the compiled assemblies to make it actually work.  Anyway, about 2 hours of getting monodevelop to build for dotnet 3.5 later, I have a working copy that doesn't seem to be spitting errors into the console.

If anyone is interested, I'm including a copy here.  I make no promises about it, I didn't even more than glance at the changes richmost made, so make sure you back up your save file and what not first.

Looks like something's broken, because I get this error in dev console:
Exception printing Vent87924 at (131, 0, 180): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_Vent.get_Graphic () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral.TakePrintFrom (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral:TakePrintFrom(Thing)
Verse.SectionLayer_Things:Regenerate()
Verse.Section:RegenerateLayers(MapMeshFlag)
Verse.MapDrawer:TryUpdateSection(Section)
Verse.MapDrawer:MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First()
RedistHeat.AirNetManager:UpdateMapDrawer()
RedistHeat.AirNetTicker:MapComponentUpdate()
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentUpdate(Map)
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

lperkins2

Hm, looks like I might have missed getting the icons included?  I just redid the zip file, maybe it's fixed. 

Edit:  I just checked my error console, and I see that I've got an error too.  But it doesn't seem to actually break anything.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]