[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelBitZombie

To whomever was updating his mod from Git thank you, also thank you perkins for compiling it. The only error I've encountered from the last zip you gave us is this one
http://imgur.com/a/a2FOl
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

TA1980

Dear RedistHeat enthusiasts,

does the latest "self-made" version also feature the ducts?

Regards
ps Thanks for working on this!

sidfu

the question is did either of those .dll combines fix the 2 major bugs of 1. pipes randomly stop working and 2. the nanc error for temp that is perm if u dont notice it

lperkins2

PixelBitZombie:  Yeah, that's the same error I was getting.  I didn't have time last night to look into it, but it looks like probably some debugging information is failing to print.  I'll fix it when I get some spare time.

TA1980:  Yes, this version should also have the ducts, no, I didn't test them.

sidfu:  Both of those bugs should be fixed, at according to the git commit history.  No promises that there isn't a regression, but I've not seen it happen so far.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: lperkins2 on June 28, 2017, 01:11:27 PM
PixelBitZombie:  Yeah, that's the same error I was getting.  I didn't have time last night to look into it, but it looks like probably some debugging information is failing to print.  I'll fix it when I get some spare time.

TA1980:  Yes, this version should also have the ducts, no, I didn't test them.

sidfu:  Both of those bugs should be fixed, at according to the git commit history.  No promises that there isn't a regression, but I've not seen it happen so far.

Do you know if this would cause some fps drops? Mainly like stutter slowdowns whenever the error happens? Either way im happy this mod works, so if this was causing the stutter I'd gladly accept it.

lperkins2

I don't know, I've not noticed any, but I don't have many heaters, and only rarely see the error go by.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: lperkins2 on June 28, 2017, 03:02:59 PM
I don't know, I've not noticed any, but I don't have many heaters, and only rarely see the error go by.

I have about 7, I'm pretty sure that many is un-needed but I didn't know how to work the system to be honest. It took about two hours of practice to learn how it works. I feel like maybe three for my entire setup would work fine. But pipes are everywhere. I'm pretty sure I need to redo my pipe layout and that would probably cut down on some of the errors. However I have the upper duct laid out but it's not being used for anything which could possibly be running the errors.

lperkins2

Oh yeah, I don't have any ductwork yet.  I'll see about installing some to see if I get errors once the wave of Zs is dead.  It took me a while to figure out how to do the ductwork too.  My basic setup is usually a bunch of super coolers in the giant freezer, which doubles as the prisoner execution room.  The hot output from the freezers warms the common area of the base, and then hot and cold ducts are run from the common area and the freezer to anywhere I want to control.

MightyGooga

Canute

Curious, i just would use this mod because of the ductwork and not about the ind. cooler/heater.
In the past i just heat my ice biome base just with the heat from steam geysir, transport over the duct to the base.

idl0r

So which one works? There are different versions, 2? have an additional fix the other one doesn't have. I tried one but got a bunch of error after loading it.

wwWraith

Quote from: idl0r on July 04, 2017, 12:44:16 PM
So which one works? There are different versions, 2? have an additional fix the other one doesn't have. I tried one but got a bunch of error after loading it.

Then probably you need the other ;)
I'm using the version that lperkins2 uploaded in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.msg347435#msg347435.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

idl0r

Quote from: wwWraith on July 04, 2017, 01:08:59 PM
Quote from: idl0r on July 04, 2017, 12:44:16 PM

Then probably you need the other ;)
I'm using the version that lperkins2 uploaded in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.msg347435#msg347435.

Thank you, sir! :)
That one seems to work

moonra

Interesting, I'm using the update version right now and it seems that connecting the Industrial Heater to the network doesn't work, no matter what setup I try I always get 0 flow. But when I changed it to "room" and put a couple intakes on the wall it worked. Didn't try the cooler 'cause I'm on a Boreal Forest and don't need an industrial one.

Canute

Since it didn't work at the A16 before, it can't work at the A17.
It is basicly just a recompile to adapt it to A17.
But the room-funktion of the industrial heater/cooler should work, but not into to network.