Started by kaptain_kavern, July 24, 2016, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want/need an A17 version?

Yes
No

fallout2077

Quote from: Kalre on October 26, 2017, 05:18:44 PM
PLEASEE, update for A18 :(

Don't you think it would be for the best to wait until Alpha 18 is actually released before you start making update requests? Actually, on second thought, you should never request/demand a creator to update their mods.

Kalre

Im clearly saying please as in if possible, plus, most mods require little tweaking to make them compatible with new versions (i may be wrong hehe), why soo much salt in here :(

Nightinggale

Quote from: fallout2077 on October 26, 2017, 05:49:38 PMDon't you think it would be for the best to wait until Alpha 18 is actually released before you start making update requests? Actually, on second thought, you should never request/demand a creator to update their mods.
I completely disagree. It's now that all mods should be updated. If a mod no longer works with RimWorld due to a change and the change is sub optimal or contains a bug, it should be reported before A18 is released as stable. The whole point in releasing an unstable version to the public is to get it tested.

Requesting a mod to be updated tells that there is an interest in the mod, which is decent feedback. However at the same time people should remember to be patient. Updating can be trivial or really time consuming. It all depends on which part of vanilla they mod and if those parts changed between A17 and A18. The mods we see released for A18 are the mods, which apparently didn't touch the changed parts, or only lightly touched them. The mods, which aren't released for A18 yet could be because they are more severely affected by some changes and some broken stuff has to be fixed. It could also be due to lack of time. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a surge in A18 releases next weekend from modders, who for one reason or another don't have the time to test during the week.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

PGMP1979

With all due respect.
Please update the mod when its possible.
Why ? because we love it and we would like to have it to test the A18 before its fully released.
Thank you so much for your time modding the game and your efforts to update it.

Kalre

Like i swear to god i punch a kitten everytime i see an eye scar and i dont have this mod enabled (or bionics ) hehe. :(

kaptain_kavern

Looks like I will begin the A18 updating with this mod then. I don't want to see kitten harmed  ;D

And indeed i'm happy to see you folks are wanting an update, no problem for me  :D

Canute

Let him try to punch the his kitten, i will bet on the kitten !! :-)

kaptain_kavern

#Don't-Hurt-Kitten

Ok here is the nightly build A18 release. It is really a nightly build as it's 09:24 in the morning here in France and I'm going to bed  ???

As a added bonus I had some minor corrections ready, so you got more bone fixation surgeries: pelvis, all arm and leg  (hopefully all bones - Thanks to Devdisigdu). Also Cirrhosis treatment.

I plan to tweak the mod a bit more and I will make a proper release in due time ;D

Just so you don't hurt that poor cat ^^

Have fun

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

PGMP1979

kaptain_kavern

Thanks, Dorfy.

Oh, I forgot to talk about something, I was tired lol.

Compatibility with other races - Animals or Humanoid - will be even a bit easier, I re-organized the code a bit for that.

In /Defs/RecipeDefs/Recipes_Surgery.xml, I put that bit of code on top of the file.

<RecipeDef Name="DESurgeries" ParentName="SurgeryFlesh" Abstract="True">
    <recipeUsers>
      <li>Human</li>
      <!-- Insert modded races here. Do not forget the li tags -->
    </recipeUsers>
</RecipeDef>

You should be able to add other races in here, to make them eligible for modded surgeries from DES.
In the end, I hope that modders will take care of that and make compatibility patches alongside their modded races, but it is easy to add some and it even works with animals as well. Like that :

Quote<RecipeDef Name="DESurgeries" ParentName="SurgeryFlesh" Abstract="True">
    <recipeUsers>
      <li>Human</li>
      <li>Orassans</li>
      <li>Cat</li>
      <li>LabradorRetriever</li>
      <li>Husky</li>

</recipeUsers>
</RecipeDef>

You have to use the DefName of the races - and they are case sensitives, it's best to just copy-paste them from the code  ;)

Kalre

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 27, 2017, 03:33:44 AM
#Don't-Hurt-Kitten

Ok here is the nightly build A18 release. It is really a nightly build as it's 09:24 in the morning here in France and I'm going to bed  ???

As a added bonus I had some minor corrections ready, so you got more bone fixation surgeries: pelvis, all arm and leg  (hopefully all bones - Thanks to Devdisigdu). Also Cirrhosis treatment.

I plan to tweak the mod a bit more and I will make a proper release in due time ;D

Just so you don't hurt that poor cat ^^

Have fun

Just in time. Thank you !

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

asquirrel

I noticed some types of pawns I can't do the operations on. I have a valkarie (crystalloid mod) and I can't operate on them to remove scars and stuff.  Same with Orassans.  Can't fix anything on them either.  Is there a conflict with this? 

kaptain_kavern

Yep, it is normal to me. I mean the mod is meant to work on humans only. But it's easy to add more race to be available.

It's like A Dog Said only works on vanilla animals, and animals mods have to use a patch. Here it's the same, I can't make the mod working with any modded races without making the modding race mandatory (the game will throw errors if I add races that are not existing because the race mod is not active).

If you want to add it yourself it's at the top of the recipeDef files (explanations on a previous post of mine, just above), but it would be better if the mod author could make a patch themselves in the end, like with A Dog Said and animals mods.

Anyhow, I'm here if you need help for making the change by yourself :-)

asquirrel

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 27, 2017, 10:00:23 PM
Yep, it is normal to me. I mean the mod is meant to work on humans only. But it's easy to add more race to be available.

It's like A Dog Said only works on vanilla animals, and animals mods have to use a patch. Here it's the same, I can't make the mod working with any modded races without making the modding race mandatory (the game will throw errors if I add races that are not existing because the race mod is not active).

If you want to add it yourself it's at the top of the recipeDef files (explanations on a previous post of mine, just above), but it would be better if the mod author could make a patch themselves in the end, like with A Dog Said and animals mods.

Anyhow, I'm here if you need help for making the change by yourself :-)

Thanks KK for your help! :)  I'll scroll up and see if I can find your post on how to change it.  I'm kind of a nitwit when it comes to these things so I'll probably be asking for your help.  If by some act of god am able to pull it off I'll upload my modded thingy (don't even know what I'm going to upload yet)  so others won't have to grind through it.   I was once able to add recipe defs to that miniaturization mod so maybe I can do this. :) 

Man, DESurgeries is definitely one of the must have mods.