[A15] A Dog Said... (Core-friendly animal surgery) - 10/2016 update 1.4

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 18, 2016, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Hi there,

OK I'm really not sure about the meaning of the tag you used (I already saw it in the code but never been able to be sure what it does exactly).
Now if that's work like you want it is OK.
Else here is how I would proceed if I were to disable them to be sold : in Defs/ThingDefs_Items/Items_AnimalBodyParts.xml at the very beginning of the file you just have to erase this bit :
<tradeTags>
<li>BodyPartOrImplant</li>
</tradeTags>

harpo99999

kaptern kavern, I just tried to download from your git, but the web browser (firefox) could not find te address, could you check the linked addresses please

kaptain_kavern

https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/ADogSaid/releases/latest

This one works fine on all my computers, my phone and my tablet; tried with different browsers

What type of errors have you got?

Pactain Cipard

Hi, I'm not sure if I am at the right address here, but I might have either found a bug, or need help with my mod list.

Using the mods and order listed in the attached picture, I don't seem to be able to treat animal injuries (right clicking on an animal while having a doctor selected doesn't give any options). In the bills menu i still have the option of adding animal prosthetics, so the mod is at least working in some fashion.

I haven't found anything similar in the issues tracker on the github, but wanted to post here first incase I missed something or its a known issue.

Thanks in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Dingo

Which animal injuries do you want to treat? Pretty sure this mod is all about animal prosthesis and doing bills, you're not gonna treat your dog's runny nose with it afaik.

kaptain_kavern

Yep, as Dingo said, this is not how this mod works.

With this you'll be able to add surgery operations (in the health tab) for adding several bionics/prosthetics body-parts to animals but it doesn't permit to heal with a right-click as you described.

harpo99999

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 17, 2016, 07:06:04 PM
https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/ADogSaid/releases/latest

This one works fine on all my computers, my phone and my tablet; tried with different browsers

What type of errors have you got?
I was getting a dns level error, but it is working today, thank you

Pactain Cipard

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on September 18, 2016, 04:31:34 PM
Yep, as Dingo said, this is not how this mod works.

With this you'll be able to add surgery operations (in the health tab) for adding several bionics/prosthetics body-parts to animals but it doesn't permit to heal with a right-click as you described.

The stuff I could normally treat, like stab wounds, burns, bruises.

Dingo

Your problems are almost guaranteed not to be because of A Dog Said. It could happen if you installed all of those mods without making a new save, or maybe EPOE is doing something weird.

I would try making a new colony with your current configuration and testing again, sometimes you can't install mods on an existing colony without it causing issues.

Pactain Cipard

Started this one fresh with these mods:)

Can still try a new one to be sure though i suppose

Dingo

You can always just disable a specific mod, reload the game and start a new save. That way you can pinpoint where the problem is coming from and report to the mod author.

Pactain Cipard

Okay, thanks for all the polite replies guys, turns out i'm just a big noob and forgot that my animal beds were slightly outside my allowed animal zone  :-[

Sorry I wasted your time  :P.

Regards

Thirite

kaptain_kavern

Nope. There was one that does that in A14 but i'm not sure of what it became

kaptain_kavern

We just released the 1.4 update.

New bench added
Changelog:
    -Add 3 new bionic organs : livers, kidneys and stomachs
    -Now all the crafting is done at the new Animal prosthetics table

Again I've done nothing (it begin to become an habit  8)) so all props to Spoony - "You're the boss, boss"  :P