[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

QuoteRemember kids: Launch nukes responsibly and only with propper protection :P
Yep, better have your spacecraft ready ! :-)

faltonico

In A15 i had a core meltdown because of a fire, after cleaning the mess almost immediately I waited 9 years for the fallout to go away, i became restless and checked out the save file to find out how much time it had left remaining... it turned out i had 256 years left of fallout. After knowing that i proceeded to delete the map condition.

@dubwise56 How long does the fallout lasts now and what influences its duration?

Dubwise

Quote from: faltonico on September 16, 2017, 09:52:33 AM
In A15 i had a core meltdown because of a fire, after cleaning the mess almost immediately I waited 9 years for the fallout to go away, i became restless and checked out the save file to find out how much time it had left remaining... it turned out i had 256 years left of fallout. After knowing that i proceeded to delete the map condition.

@dubwise56 How long does the fallout lasts now and what influences its duration?

yeah the fallout isn't extended endlessly now, its a flat duration of a couple of months which is then just paused while a molten core is exposed, so once its covered it should just be a few months

Nerferfan

The best mod. Because of it, I returned to Rimworld again! Thank you very much!
It would be great to add lead with this mod. A protective shield or wall must contain lead. And yes ... Ideally, the mod requires concrete. A lot of concrete...

Nanobytez

So it's either my pawns or the research bench, occasionally the ones that want an intellectual never detect the level 20 researcher and work never starts. :(

Moo

Is there a wiki for this mod or anything? I'm sure this is something I'm just stupidly missing, but how do I load fuel rods into my reactor?

Nanobytez

Quote from: Moo on September 21, 2017, 11:41:49 PM
Is there a wiki for this mod or anything? I'm sure this is something I'm just stupidly missing, but how do I load fuel rods into my reactor?

Make sure you have a reactor console connected to the reactor via loom cabling. Then select a pawn and right click the Reactor Control console and it'll say "Manage reactor" It'll bring up the reactor UI. Clicking a box will "load" a rod in that cell.

Niexist

Hey I have a question, I've been working on Nuclear, and am stuck at the step for making breeder reactors because I cannot seem to adjust my core temperature.  I built my reactor right next to my zeus turbine thing, and it is all inside a paneled room right next to a river.  My temperatures are always optimal and I have fuel in each cell, but I can't really find a way to adjust the temp to 374C, it is always at 599F no matter how much I adjust the flux, please help.

Dubwise

Quote from: Niexist on September 22, 2017, 11:09:06 AM
Hey I have a question, I've been working on Nuclear, and am stuck at the step for making breeder reactors because I cannot seem to adjust my core temperature.  I built my reactor right next to my zeus turbine thing, and it is all inside a paneled room right next to a river.  My temperatures are always optimal and I have fuel in each cell, but I can't really find a way to adjust the temp to 374C, it is always at 599F no matter how much I adjust the flux, please help.

Its very tricky right now, you have to use a combination of low flux and radiators and the description is all mismatched, in the next patch i have changed the whole step so you just press a button on the reactor control console to start the test, it basically changes the core into a breeder for the duration but it slowly takes damage, and you have to complete it in 1 go without it being shutdown or going out of the temperature range or it resets the progress, until the patch is out you have to just very carefully balance the temps using radiators and low flux levels.

Firebirdss

Quote from: Tapioca on September 15, 2017, 11:49:15 PM
Something bad has happened. I launched a nuke at the annoying Orion Corps and the fallout is coming for me!!! If I remove rimatics and then reinstall it will it save me? And if not how do I remove the radiation fallout?!?! Pls help!!!!!
This is why you use epoe that way you can make synthetic kidneys that way your colonist can negate some of the fallout.

Niexist

Quote from: dubwise56 on September 22, 2017, 12:01:14 PM
Quote from: Niexist on September 22, 2017, 11:09:06 AM

Its very tricky right now, you have to use a combination of low flux and radiators and the description is all mismatched, in the next patch i have changed the whole step so you just press a button on the reactor control console to start the test, it basically changes the core into a breeder for the duration but it slowly takes damage, and you have to complete it in 1 go without it being shutdown or going out of the temperature range or it resets the progress, until the patch is out you have to just very carefully balance the temps using radiators and low flux levels.

So do I need to disconnect my Water cooling stations, and replace them with radiators in order to make the temperature go up for now?

Dubwise

yup, have to max out the cooling so it starts increasing temps. you could overload the cooling using multiple cores too

Niexist

I'm having another problem, whenever I try to research any weapon it is stuck.  I have lvl 20 researchers, and crafters but when I click the bench to try and force them to research nothing comes up.  I've paid like 40k silver but can't get this part to work.

Niexist

I figured it out, the research station must be touching the weapon research console. 

Nanobytez

Quote from: Niexist on September 22, 2017, 11:57:46 PM
I figured it out, the research station must be touching the weapon research console. 

Neither of mine were touching. I ended up deconstructing both the weapons research and the normal research and remaking them.