CK - Animal & Plant Pack [WIP]

Started by Coercion, August 29, 2016, 07:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What ecosystem should be overhauled next?

Arid Shrubland
3 (21.4%)
Ice Sheet, Tundra or Boreal Forest
2 (14.3%)
Desert or Extreme Desert
2 (14.3%)
Temperate Forest
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Fluffe

Coercion

Quote from: gillsminnow on September 03, 2016, 07:44:56 PM
Was pointed in the direction of this thread by kaptain_kavern (thanks). Absolutely drooling at the prospect of dinosaur Rimworld setting.

Check out the Dinosaur Pack Thread. I will update it periodically :)

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25589.0

Coercion

kaptain_kavern has agreed to provide the coding for this mod while I focus on textures. So, we should be able to really speed up development and deliver content much faster.

kaptain_kavern

Every great projects start with a little step. Here the first one for me with this mod ^^

The first one I implemented. Now it's time for bed :p

Coercion

kaptain_kavern

Just to keep you updated on the progress of the mod :

All animal textures Coercion sent me are coded  8)

The file for modded tropical biome (first release will be focus on this biome) is nearly finished.

I also finished to tweak faction defs to use modded pack animals. Here a pack of pack elephants  ;D (for Tropical biomes  8) )

All modded animals will drop corresponding leather units (which we're still balancing atm regarding their stats : insulation, Armor rating value, market value, etc)

Best regards and stay tuned Folks  8)

Mackinz

Glad to see someone is working on adding more fauna to the Rim! I've been playing the game for about a month now and I really think the game is missing out on its relative lack of diversity. I'd like to suggest Peacocks be added because of their association with rich people (at least in my area) and the existence of Glitterworlds and rich explorers. They could basically be a reskinned Turkey that lives in rainforests. I'd really like to see them added through your mod if possible.

Also, geese are rather vicious birds so maybe they should not necessarily be considered "Domesticated"?

gillsminnow

Coercion

@Mackinz Cool idea. I will add peacocks to the list :)

I am not sure yet where geese will be placed, but I will keep that in mind.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Coercion on September 06, 2016, 09:38:47 AM

everywhere, geese fly to the south in winter and come back in summer, the creature max and min temp should make them spawn at the right times.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Coercion

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 06, 2016, 10:20:20 AM
Quote from: Coercion on September 06, 2016, 09:38:47 AM

everywhere, geese fly to the south in winter and come back in summer, the creature max and min temp should make them spawn at the right times.

This would be cool. I will try to make Geese migrate between the Boreal Forest in the summer and the Temperate Forest in the winter.

Madman666

Someone probably already mentioned it, but anyway - this game has decorative dogs (useless yorkies), helpful huskies and labrador retrievers (haul stuff, but not that awesome in a fight), but for combat only wild wolves and wargs. It needs rottweilers! Not as hard to train as wolves and wargs, but fast, strong and expensive to buy. And hard to breed. Quality over quantity.

And they are cute. I mean they've been used as guard and attack dogs since forever!)

Coercion

Quote from: Madman666 on September 06, 2016, 11:34:31 AM
Someone probably already mentioned it, but anyway - this game has decorative dogs (useless yorkies), helpful huskies and labrador retrievers (haul stuff, but not that awesome in a fight), but for combat only wild wolves and wargs. It needs rottweilers! Not as hard to train as wolves and wargs, but fast, strong and expensive to buy. And hard to breed. Quality over quantity.

And they are cute. I mean they've been used as guard and attack dogs since forever!)

I may add some domestic pets like rottweilers eventually, but it probably will not be for awhile.

Madman666

Well, no rush here, I am happy enough with you just considering it. I am grateful already, that you even doing this free of charge) Keep up the good work) Your art is very fitting.

Coercion

The scope of this mod has greatly expanded past animals and has become a complete overhaul of the RimWorld ecosystem. So, here is an updated list of the new features:

The purpose of this mod is to add a significant amount of new animals, plants and factions to the game, increase fauna and flora biome diversity and drastically change biome climate and weather to account for things like humidity.

Version 1.0 will focus on the Tropical Rainforest biome.

Tropical Rainforest

Animal Density decreased from 7.2 to 6.0
Plant Density increased from 1.0 to 3.0

Wild Animals Added to Biome (20): Anteater, Gorilla, Jaguar, Komodo Dragon, Orangutan, Panda Bear, Sloth, Tapir, Tiger, White Tiger, Iguana, Python, Ocelot, Capuchin Monkey, Spider Monkey, Squirrel Monkey, Peacock, Macaw, Toucan, Parrot
Wild Animals Removed from Biome (8.): Alpaca, Boomalope, Emu, Rat, Tortoise, Turkey, Wild Boar, Monkey

Pack Animals Added to Biome: Elephant
Pack Animals Removed from Biome: Muffalo

Common: Anteater, Capybara, Chinchilla, Sloth, Tapir, Capuchin Monkey, Spider Monkey, Squirrel Monkey,
Uncommon: Gorilla, Jaguar, Orangutan, Panda Bear, Tiger, Macaw, Toucan, Parrot, Python, Peacock, Elephant
Rare: Cobra, Komodo Dragon, Panther, Iguana, Ocelot
Very Rare: Cassowary, White Tiger

Wild Plants Added to Biome (11): Fern (3 variations), Bromeliad, Corpse Flower, Mahogany Tree, Bamboo, Strangler Fig, Palm (3 variations)
Wild Plants Removed from Biome (4): Bush, Raspberry, Tall Grass, Dandelion

Common: Fern (3 variations), Palm (3 variations), Teak Tree, Cecropia Tree
Uncommon: Bromeliad, Mahogany Tree, Strangler Fig,
Rare: Corpse Flower, Bamboo

Weather: from Mostly Clear to Mostly Rainy
Temerature/ Heat Index: from 20 - 30 to 20 - 39 (to account for humity)

Factions Added: Wilders, Jungle Traders