[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

thanks!, a couple of people have said that now  ;D

Canute

Surviving Mars got better graphics for sure.
But Rimworld with all that mod's and possibilties made it much more complex then any of the newer games.
And dubwise with his adavance mod's just put that on another level. Not to forget his Mod's are just a 1 man job while Surviving Mars is a Studio project.

Dubwise

EvilShroud

If you go to forrent.com I'm sure you can find a studio apartment. HAHAHA. Haha. Ha. Yeah, sorry. Ahem.

I don't know the rules on payments for mods, but if you set up a Patreon or a PayPal Donate button I'm positive people would help support you. I can't do much, but I could do $5 now and then.

Dubwise

i have them setup on my other mod pages, not here yet, will do once its released

agentbad

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 13, 2018, 03:00:54 AM
Quote from: agentbad on January 13, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
Bro you could probably make a whole stand alone game from this and sell it on steam. Much like RimWorld did from Prison Architect. Either way the mod is great. In some ways I like it better then vanilla RimWorld.

I love when people are so knowledgeable about something, and they just can't help but share! :)

Assholes. How do they work?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: agentbad on March 30, 2018, 12:49:39 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 13, 2018, 03:00:54 AM
Quote from: agentbad on January 13, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
Bro you could probably make a whole stand alone game from this and sell it on steam. Much like RimWorld did from Prison Architect. Either way the mod is great. In some ways I like it better then vanilla RimWorld.

I love when people are so knowledgeable about something, and they just can't help but share! :)

Assholes. How do they work?

I think the implication was they insult a dev by writing that said dev took one game and made money by turning it into another game and then selling it on Steam.

You do realize Prison Architect and Rimworld do not share a single line of code or a single piece of art?

agentbad

I know it's all good. Your post was helpful. Can't speak for the wanker.

GrimTrigger

Is Mr Dubwise still working this update? Not asking for an eta just curious if there is still a light at the end of the tunnel.  I would love to see what he has in mind for the b18 (or even final release) version of the mod.  I thoroughly enjoyed it on A16.

Umbreon117

Quote from: GrimTrigger on May 12, 2018, 09:55:59 PM
Is Mr Dubwise still working this update? Not asking for an eta just curious if there is still a light at the end of the tunnel.  I would love to see what he has in mind for the b18 (or even final release) version of the mod.  I thoroughly enjoyed it on A16.
Thought out answer: IIRC, Dub was going to start working on an update after doing...something with Rimatomics. Something about 'tomics being wanted more than this. Considering that there is probably a lot that needs to be updated/changed, will likely take a while.

My instantly thought up answer: Blah blah blah stuff and things I don't fully remember Dub said he was gonna make it after Rimatomics.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Dubwise

Oh i'm still working on it, very long haul project, like v1 to v2 was a few weeks, v2 to v3 was a few months, and v3 to v4 keeps that trend going.

You know the deal by now, all my other mods go into mars v4, all the hygiene and water management, irrigation, skylights, resource grids and plastics production from a yet unreleased mod, the rimatomics reactors and fully custom research, whole bunch of improvements to stuff like air code, pipe nets, airlocks, world gen, graphics. For v4 the aim is to shift the gameplay away from doing rudimentary mining and base building and waiting for incidents/ships, to a full progression system, with company management, technical long term goals using the custom research, plant breeding, manufacturing, and eventually tourism, with a healthy dose of incidents and moody pawns to scupper your efforts.

The mods that make up parts of marsx have got probably hundreds of thousands of hours of play now because of their wide popularity, so i have refined them and how i make them a hell of a lot since the early days, the level of quality i'm aiming for is getting there, but i'm not a pro and i'm too stubborn to let other people do anything, so that means it takes a little bit longer than maybe other big mods that are group efforts.

hope that makes sense of it

Canute

I think MarsX will be a nice Xmas entertainment for 2019.
Right after Rimworld 1.0 came out. :-))

But dubwise, with all these features MarsX will be a big rival to other mars/planet survival/colony games.
I hope these developer/publisher don't recognize you and hire you for their project. :-)

Adamiks

I could legimately see this as being a part of the vanilla game somewhere in the future, if Tynan decides to add different types of planets. Keep up the good work.

agentbad

In some ways I like your mod better then vanilla. I could easily see this being a standalone game in the future. Maybe even partner with Ludeon if you need help.