[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

In v3 are colonists supposed to go into EVA automatically..?

I always have to manually tell them to end or start EVA.

Dubwise

Quote from: Skissor on December 13, 2016, 02:11:56 AM
In v3 are colonists supposed to go into EVA automatically..?

I always have to manually tell them to end or start EVA.

you can toggle the auto rest button on suit stations and they will take off suits before resting, i explain a bit more in previous pages

RickyMartini

Ah okay cool, so auto resting makes them auto-unequip it.

But is there any possibility to make them auto-equip it?

Dubwise

Nope i dont want that, but in the a16 patch i have added buttons to tell all selected pawns to equip or remove suits from the nearest station so you dont have to right click on suit stations over and over for each pawn, im trying to make it easy but manual

Headshotkill

Do you plan on integrating new features from a16, like the new world system and moving around the planet.
I think this sytem can be used for science experiments, maybe travelling towards a special crater or something to conduct !SCIENCE!

Dubwise

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 13, 2016, 04:35:17 AM
Do you plan on integrating new features from a16, like the new world system and moving around the planet.
I think this sytem can be used for science experiments, maybe travelling towards a special crater or something to conduct !SCIENCE!

depends on how much it can be modded

RickyMartini

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 13, 2016, 04:42:47 AM
Quote from: Headshotkill on December 13, 2016, 04:35:17 AM

depends on how much it can be modded

The way I've seen it, it can be modded pretty well, if you're good ad writing code for generating structures then you can easily add factions, structures and events all around the mars globe.

Dubwise

im busy trying to remove all the structures and factions right now, and figuring out how to run my fleet management in the world instead of as map comps. i don't want to do too much with the world system maybe make steps in research quests require you to send out manned or unmanned rovers. or land ships directly in other tiles to start up mining outposts and send resources between bases using rovers. Also there's "the martian" scenario i want to add back in but this time your watney has to grow a supply of potatoes and trek for a month to the spare mav just in time to get rescued.

Headshotkill

I think we can let Tynan Sylvester flesh out the world system with more stuff first. Maybe he adds dynamic toxic clouds that roam over the planet or volcanous that cover areas of the globe when they burst.

If he adds more foundation to the world system you can build on it later with your own content, like instead of toxic clouds, dust clouds instead?

Canute

Ok, i am out until A16 get released, but still playing with v3 abit, but i think i don't find anything new.

Happy modding :-)

Dubwise

Quote from: Headshotkill on December 13, 2016, 08:45:28 AM
I think we can let Tynan Sylvester flesh out the world system with more stuff first. Maybe he adds dynamic toxic clouds that roam over the planet or volcanous that cover areas of the globe when they burst.

If he adds more foundation to the world system you can build on it later with your own content, like instead of toxic clouds, dust clouds instead?

I actually want to do fallout clouds from meltdown incidents for my rimushima mod at some point, and good idea with dust storms, i think you can actually add your own graphics layer to the world so i'll have to look into that

Canute

Just a little bug
MIWEX consume fuel even when it is turned off.

MAKAIROSI

So i started playing this and when the O2 in the rooms was ok i thought i'd remove the EVA suits and helmets. I did so, thinking they would put them on again if they want to go outside. They only put the suits on, not the helmets, and died of decompression.

Awesome challenge though, it's a must to all Rimworld fans!

Canute

You removed the suits and helmets manual, you didn't use the EVA station to store them ?
Then i can happen , that you remove the suits manual is just in case of emergency.
All other times, at the EVA Station you got the right click option "End EVA" to store the suit, and then the suit get refueled.
With "Start EVA" you set them to wear the suit again.
And you can set 2 zones, the first HAB should be the area with oxygen.

Dubwise