[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Ohhh thats a new info, you just mention before plants clear CO2.
Does the plants produce CO2 at night ?

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 11, 2017, 01:06:57 PM
Ohhh thats a new info, you just mention before plants clear CO2.
Does the plants produce CO2 at night ?
No right now they "photosynthesize" all the time which takes co2 from the air, h2o from the soil, and converts them into the equivalent amount of o2, and sugars which just get discarded for now until i get custom plant classes running, then if there's no h2o or co2 the plant loses hitpoints. Once i get my own plant class running you could do stuff like run co2 rich atmosphere in the greenhouse to speed up plant growth.

Canute

But how to get CO2 into the greenhouse ?
Build a gastank, let it fill with CO2 and then change to another gas ?
I don't think the regular airoutlet isn't designed for that.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 11, 2017, 05:32:32 PM
But how to get CO2 into the greenhouse ?
Build a gastank, let it fill with CO2 and then change to another gas ?
I don't think the regular airoutlet isn't designed for that.
The moxie and AGS both produce co2, if an air outlet detects low co2 in a room it will vent co2 until the minimum required level is reached, if your outlets are struggling to release co2 fast enough then make sure the flow rates are set to max and that you have enough co2 being produced by moxie/ags/wind traps, or add more another air outlet, or improve ventilation to the rest of your hab so co2 exhaled by colonists can reach the plants faster

Nord

Oh, so i just need to open air outlet. Thanks.  It is not obvious, i think you need to mention it somewhere in game.

Wishmaster

I have a problem with my colonists not removing or putting their eva suit when I use the global command. This happens after they remove their suit automatically to go sleep.
I have to draft/undraft them so the global command works again.

Nord

Ok, is there a way to save my plants from freezing during SPE?

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Nord on January 13, 2017, 12:49:49 PM
You could try and insulate the rooms with the plants in them:
Best build you growing rooms in between other rooms that keep the temperature in and at least double thick walls to the outside.
This should keep the temperature high enough for the SPE to pass without killing your plants.

Nord

No, it is not helping. The temperature falls too fast.

Also: i encountered a bug with roof windows (forget how they called). When two or more zones crossing, they can become dark. So when you construct them chess-ordered, there is a chance (by each game load) that entire room will be in darkness.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Nord on January 13, 2017, 02:36:19 PM
No, it is not helping. The temperature falls too fast.

Also: i encountered a bug with roof windows (forget how they called). When two or more zones crossing, they can become dark. So when you construct them chess-ordered, there is a chance (by each game load) that entire room will be in darkness.
Why would you place them in a chess pattern? They have a 3x3 radius with them in the middle.

Also: How many walls do you have pointing to the outside and how big is the room?
Outside walls increase the temperature loss and bigger rooms stay longer warm if they are properly insulated.

In the very worst case you just have to work with the plants freezing and always keep enough food stored for the time of 2+ times till harvest.

Boogeyman

There is a bug with people coming in cargo ships. I reconfigured all but one ship for cargo only, but people are still in them.

EldVarg

dubwise56: What have inspired you with this mod?
I guess The Marsian book and movie?

Any other novel/movie?

Any documentary like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbY6MaEp4k

Canute

Quote from: Nord on January 13, 2017, 12:49:49 PM

At early games, no.
You can't made campfires or this kind to produce heat, because you don't have any wood.
Ofcouse you can focus on trees instead of foodplants, because you can order more food from earth anyway and don't realy need to grow food anyway.

But the nuclear reactor you can build (need core and fuel cells from earth) produce alot of heat even on a SPE. I needed to cool my 6-8 sunlamp big reactor/plant room even with cooler.

yavorh

That moment when a shipchunk lands STRAIGHT through the middle of your base, making two of your colonists instantly suffocate while the only EVA suited member watches on in horror.

Canute

Yeah very annoying.
Thats why it is good not to made too big rooms, seperated with airlocks not doors, and airoutlet in each room to compensate the air if the hole in the roof isn't that big.
Special at he beginning alot of ship chunks crashed on my map. They was a welcome gift (components and steel) but when they crashed on your colony, bad luck.
Thats why i build my 2. try into mountain.