[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote...and easter eggs...
Ohh ok, then we can await it next easten ! :-)

Tassyr

So I got a few quick questions about this mod- one's a thing I've been having trouble with, the other is a "hey, what?" moment.
First; how on Earth (Mars?) do I stop my colonists from wandering out into the Martian wastes without their damn suits? They keep ducking out my airlock, going "Eek," starting to get dead, then running back inside. It's usually when they're in 'wander' mode.

And the other question- while Rimworld is about a buncha disfunctional nuts, why are there still so many negative traits in this game? Wouldn't Nasa/whoever screen a little better?

Dubwise

Quote from: Tassyr on July 14, 2017, 12:36:03 PM
So I got a few quick questions about this mod- one's a thing I've been having trouble with, the other is a "hey, what?" moment.
First; how on Earth (Mars?) do I stop my colonists from wandering out into the Martian wastes without their damn suits? They keep ducking out my airlock, going "Eek," starting to get dead, then running back inside. It's usually when they're in 'wander' mode.

And the other question- while Rimworld is about a buncha disfunctional nuts, why are there still so many negative traits in this game? Wouldn't Nasa/whoever screen a little better?

You need to use the area system, so draw out a HAB area and restrict all of your colonists to it, you can then use the suit stations to do auto area switching so that when they equip the suit they are unrestricted and when they place it back they are restricted again.

And i left a lot of the traits in just to spice things up a bit for now, once i beef up the crew system there will be different types of colonist, commanders that have mostly positive traits, general crew that have a bit of a mix but limited so you don't get really bad traits, and then tourists who will be drunk useless assholes that keep breaking things and getting into fights but pay well, that sorta thing.

Belgrath

Hello

Love the Mars mod and many of your other mods.
So I was wondering if you need help testing any of your mods.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Dubwise

Quote from: Belgrath on July 14, 2017, 01:39:11 PM
Hello

Love the Mars mod and many of your other mods.
So I was wondering if you need help testing any of your mods.

Rimatomics, if you have the steam version of rimworld add me

Tassyr

Quote from: dubwise56 on July 14, 2017, 01:09:29 PM
You need to use the area system, so draw out a HAB area and restrict all of your colonists to it, you can then use the suit stations to do auto area switching so that when they equip the suit they are unrestricted and when they place it back they are restricted again.

holy hell, I wasn't expecting an answer that fast or from the creator! But... how do I do this? I genuinely don't understand. For reference; I made 'Area 1' the hab area, and filled the interior of my hab with said area. I made "Area 2" the rest of Mars, by making the same area and inverting it. I set both carefully; "Area 1" is set to HAB Area, and "Area 2" is set to "EVA Area." Yet these dinks keep wandering out the airlock and choking on the thin atmosphere.

Also, second question. Why can't I rotate most of the things in this mod?

Dubwise

graphics take a while to make, and i do multiple sprites for all the combinations of status lights so i didn't bother doing rotated graphics yet, todo list. And the area system is just the standard rimworld area system, there will be lots of guides and videos on how to use it, the only difference in mars is the suit station can auto switch between 2 areas, there's some buttons when you click on it to set the areas, and to make pawns use the suit station you select individual pawns and right click a single station to get the float menu, or you select multiple pawns and hit the helmet icons on the air stat window to make them find the nearest stations.

Belgrath

Currently I have 3 Versions of Rimworld
I have the Steam unstable - Public testing Version, Normal RimWorld Version 0.17.1557 and my MarsWorld (RimWorld 0.16.1393 +MarsX v3)
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Canute

The unstable you can ignore/delete, it is the pre-A17 version, serveral mods shouldn't work (well) with a different version then A17b.

Dubwise

Quote from: Belgrath on July 14, 2017, 10:53:06 PM
Currently I have 3 Versions of Rimworld
I have the Steam unstable - Public testing Version, Normal RimWorld Version 0.17.1557 and my MarsWorld (RimWorld 0.16.1393 +MarsX v3)

ok if you add me on steam you can see the private test versions of my mods

Ratcet_1988

Dubwise

100% on the features that will be in it, but a while away from it being released

Ratcet_1988

agentbad

I also had some issues getting the EVA areas to work right for whatever reason. Could you have the pawns auto suit up and then return the suit to the EVA stations in the future? Any who the mod rules. I think I like it better than vanilla. I hope to see buildable domes in the feature where you build small towns or villages.

Ratcet_1988

Any possibility in adding windows, and have em give a joy effect? I mean look at it like this, astronauts are stuck indoors and would most likly love having a window...