[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Cala13er

Cala13er

Quote from: Austupaio on May 08, 2014, 01:23:47 PM
I haven't had any landing sites with no copper at all, but I did get one that only had ~500 on the entire map. ;D Mixed thoughts on you adding a mine for it though. On the one hand, it can be very rare, essentially making you entirely reliant on Industrial Traders. On the other hand, if there's a mine then you never have to do any above-ground mining, which feels a little cheap.

With carbon being removed, how is steel made? Probably a good change though, you never needed much steel so carbon was a little useless.

Finally, if I may make a suggestion for 1.3.0... higher power requirements? Running a mine that gives you, essentially, tons of free metal takes very little power, about 2 or 3 lamp's worth.

Feels too easy to power a massive mining complex. One geothermal vent lets you run several highly technologically advanced and fully automated underground mines, meaning that metal isn't really a coveted resource with this mod.

Have you considered a silver mine?

P.S. I don't think I've commented here before, love the mod.

Just read this,
I like your point, however the mines are significantly nerfed, they don't produce much however they do use little power. v1.2.0 changes this and infact, mines now have other things. They have random chances of mining stone and not their targeted ore. I also plan on making their drills overheat, with solutions to fix this.

Metal alloy will replace steel and is made using copper and metal.

Edit :Oh I have read this before, your comment has made me decided to significantly nerf the mines.

And you also made me higher power requirements ;)

Silver mine! I like that, will work on it soon.

Also thanks :) the fact that people actually enjoy this version of the mod is surprising. V1.0.0 and v1.1.2 were never intended to be good at all. however I get some nice comments. I will hopefully impress people with v1.2.0

Haplo

How about this one:
When you place the mine it sets internal randomly to one of the ores: iron, silver, stone as their found one.
So you don't have a fixed mine as you don't know what deposit you find underneath it :)

Cala13er

Quote from: Haplo on May 26, 2014, 05:41:51 AM
How about this one:
When you place the mine it sets internal randomly to one of the ores: iron, silver, stone as their found one.
So you don't have a fixed mine as you don't know what deposit you find underneath it :)

I do like that! Will get right on it, well. After i finish making practically every part of industrial rim definable in the xml. The mine will have mining times and resource chances or whatever changable by the xml due to extra lines! Which I actually have you to thank for! :)

WMP

Quote from: Cala13er on May 25, 2014, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: WMP on May 25, 2014, 01:30:33 PM
This same Bug on other building, on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrA4WRCnI4&feature=youtu.be

And other movies, i dont understand this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNa1NBgtRDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtE5EhDGLCc

Great videos. But don't understand what's wrong?

Ok, on first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrA4WRCnI4&feature=youtu.be ram materials dont move on belt.
On second video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNa1NBgtRDIi rebuild hopper and on 0:43 hopper works good - give material hand on. On 1:27 i have rebild belts and i enable mining and this workd good ;) So i thing - maybe i make mistake on build it in the past.
But after few minutes, i looking on this mine and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtE5EhDGLCc mine works good, give raw material to hopper, but hopper dont give hand on to belts. Why?

Cala13er

That's confusing, Really have no idea what's causing it to stop working. Hmmmmmmmmmm. But I see the problem. I will have a look.

Haplo

Quote from: Cala13er on May 26, 2014, 05:57:27 AM
I do like that! Will get right on it, well. After i finish making practically every part of industrial rim definable in the xml. The mine will have mining times and resource chances or whatever changable by the xml due to extra lines! Which I actually have you to thank for! :)

Always happy to help :)

Cala13er

Quote from: Haplo on May 26, 2014, 06:37:50 AM
Quote from: Cala13er on May 26, 2014, 05:57:27 AM

Always happy to help :)

Also, I may need some help soon with some dll scripting. Any chance I could pop you a message with what I need help doing?

Damien Hart

Industrial Rim is definitely one of my favourite Rimworld mods, great work guys.

On coal vs. wind, coal may have been thought of as a power source first, but a wind turbine would be far less involved than creating an entire coal power setup, at least in the scale to power anything more than a light bulb. Keep in mind, research in Rimworld wouldn't be so much about 'discovering' new things, as most of the survivors are from relatively developed worlds (and the medieval survivors wouldn't be able to recreate centuries of technological development in a few days at a research table), but more about designing the devices themselves.

That being said, I vote stay with wind power as the initial power source.

Also, an idea for a new addition, the Decoy Turret. Really high armour, but no attack, and it doesn't explode when destroyed. Bonus points for giving it zero damage attacks with invisible projectiles to fool the raiders into thinking it's real.  ;D

Crimsonknight3

About the poll for coal power. My vote is Yes however I feel I want to add that I think power should start off low-tech and work it's way up.. Maybe hand cranks that need a pawn to generate power, then batteries, then Coal, then Solar/Wind then nuclear and also if Coal is IMPORTANT for early game I think there should also be pollution and penalties for using coal

Cala13er

StormProxy

spatula

Only thing i'd say regarding coal as a heavy starting point (I voted yes for the record) is that it takes away from the typical solar problem of "no power at night", so there's gotta be a big "cost" to making it cheaper and easier to set up.

This might be a long-stretch, but what if there had to be someone MANNING the initial coal plants (until AI/Automated Power is researched), it would create new sets of problems.

Or at the very least, if it generated unhappiness to nearby colonists or damage over time, it might emulate the RL dangers of being a coal miner.

mrofa

Quote from: spatula on May 26, 2014, 11:16:13 PM
Only thing i'd say regarding coal as a heavy starting point (I voted yes for the record) is that it takes away from the typical solar problem of "no power at night", so there's gotta be a big "cost" to making it cheaper and easier to set up.

This might be a long-stretch, but what if there had to be someone MANNING the initial coal plants (until AI/Automated Power is researched), it would create new sets of problems.

Or at the very least, if it generated unhappiness to nearby colonists or damage over time, it might emulate the RL dangers of being a coal miner.

Sounds like a workbench with extremly long time of crafting :)
All i do is clutter all around.

iame6162013

Actually why don't (is coal becomes a bigger part) give it some downsides?
Maybe some 'bugs' dislike the possible pollution it gives ;)
(inspired by Factorio)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."