[1.5] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

No, that requires messing with assemblies and creating incompatibilities.

*I might be lying about this one. (Oct. 22nd changed things)

Dingo

Cooks Can Refuel updated to use a DLL method which has a custom GiverClass. Let me know if it ****s your game but it should work well according to my testing. They will no longer refuel generators, because cooks shouldn't do that.

All of the links are updated with the new CCR version, grab it from your preferred source.

Dingo

Another update: Refactored Work Priorities updated.

Pawns will now prioritise hauling raw plant food (corn, potatoes etc.) above many other things, below hauling corpses.

HUGE thanks to Shaun aka merthsoft aka Merthykins who basically did all the work for me and explained every step along the way.

mabor0shi

Hey, you are fleshing out haul priorities! You are exceeding your own expectations. But not mine: I believe you can do anything you put your mind to, Dingo!
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Dingo

Quote from: mabor0shi on October 22, 2016, 06:38:22 PM
Hey, you are fleshing out haul priorities! You are exceeding your own expectations. But not mine: I believe you[i/] can do anything you put your mind to, Dingo!

Darnit! I can't keep getting away with it!

Another update to Refactored Work Priorities is now out:

Doctors will rescue colonists before rescuing other pawns (e.g. animals).
Doctors will tend to colonist injuries before tending to animals & outsiders.

merthsoft

OnlyMarvellous

Excellent mods, Dingo. I do have a suggestion. I'm not sure if it's possible but, if it is, I think it would be a good addition to Refactored Work Priorities.

You would have seen this before. You have some blueprints ready for, say, a 20 tile wall. On 6 of those tiles, there is something in the way and construction cannot begin until this thing has been moved off the tile; a rock chunk, for example. The hauler brings resources to the blueprints and fills the 14 tiles that have no obstruction. Now, though, instead of removing the rocks from all 6 of the remaining tiles and then delivering resources to all of them at once, they will do it one at a time. They move the rock, get 5 blocks, deliver the blocks, then repeat. Builders will do this, too.

So, is there a way to have them move all of the chunks and then deliver resources to all of those spots at once?
Run away!

Dingo

You could theoretically rewrite pawn logic for that but I think it's a bit (read: a lot) more complicated than what I've done with the mod. Maybe if someone else can chip in and offer some code.

Small edit: Just to expand on the above, it would most likely require overriding/detouring WorkGiverUtility and/or HaulAIUtility which is possible but would mean you override it for everything. I think that's better left to Ludeon or someone with a lot of experience to avoid f***ing everything.

Dingo

Hand Me That Brick has been updated with great support from UnlimitedHugs.

It now uses HugsLib™ and has a toggle feature (Options > Mod Settings). It should also display this information as a pop-up when you update to version 1.2. All download links are up-to-date.

OnlyMarvellous

Quote from: Dingo on October 24, 2016, 06:00:03 AM
You could theoretically rewrite pawn logic for that but I think it's a bit (read: a lot) more complicated than what I've done with the mod. Maybe if someone else can chip in and offer some code.

Small edit: Just to expand on the above, it would most likely require overriding/detouring WorkGiverUtility and/or HaulAIUtility which is possible but would mean you override it for everything. I think that's better left to Ludeon or someone with a lot of experience to avoid f***ing everything.

I see what you're saying. Perhaps I'll put it forward as a suggestion for future game updates. Thanks for your response.
Run away!

Dingo

New release: Autoclose Event Notifications. Suggested by merthsoft. Downloads available from GitHub and Workshop, Drive is failing me at the moment.

This mod adds a MapComponent, so it requires a new save to function, or CCL when it's released for existing saves. It automatically dismisses non-urgent (urgent = red) notifications like "Eclipse" or "New Lovers" if they've been active for 12 hours.

Credits to E and Alistaire for helping with the code on this one.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Dingo on October 29, 2016, 10:20:55 AM
New release: Autoclose Event Notifications. Suggested by merthsoft. Downloads available from GitHub and Workshop, Drive is failing me at the moment.

This mod adds a MapComponent, so it requires a new save to function, or CCL when it's released for existing saves. It automatically dismisses non-urgent (urgent = red) notifications like "Eclipse" or "New Lovers" if they've been active for 12 hours.

Credits to E and Alistaire for helping with the code on this one.

I see that someone finally accessed the Discord Modding server ^^  8)

I haven't enough time to hang out there lately (I like the direct talking for modding, but else it "distract" me too badly ;); then I start to distract others, and so on... Every bad students know the drill ^^) but it's nice knowing you there. (I learned a lot as soon as hanging out talking late with E and Skully and all the other - Cheers y'all BTW)

I like the new latest one, for auto-dismissing letters. When doing test runs, each time I'm testing raid/traders; I always end up buried under those ^^

Dingo

Updated ACEN so you can control which event notifications to close (there are only 3 types in vanilla). Also added a Google Drive link, since Google fixed their stuff.

Dave-In-Texas

LOVE these mods.  hand me that brick is so.. meta and awesome!

I use a lot of mods but these is the only one affecting the haul priorities, so I suspect is refactored work priorities as the culprit:

I tend to use 'stacked' stockpiles; i.e. for kibble I'll have a zone outside the freezer for the pets to eat at Normal and a zone in the freezer set at Low.  Vanilla behavior ensured that the outside zone was kept full for them.  Now however,  If the kibble is in any stockpile zone if is valid for, no matter the priority, the workers don't haul it unless manually forced.  I am assuming it is placed at a low low priority but cannot really confirm this as I honestly don't think I've ever exhausted the hauling opportunities in this colony :)

Is this something you explicitly coded or a 'happy?' accident?