[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReconCrow

Quote from: Canute on October 17, 2016, 04:17:42 AM
Quote from: ReconCrow on October 17, 2016, 03:41:50 AM
Most raids being replaced by a monster which their meat is not very worthy compare to humanoid raid loot.
Let your pawn cook strange simple meals (around 10 silver) out of it.
I mean, I need the new weapon because just like KTVSUN say, 3/5 of the raid are monster and when the humanoid raid coming, my colonist lacking of good weapon to fight them off.
But I read that he probably reduce the monster raid rate and merged with the cult because the mod still in development anyway.

Canute

Or maybe focus to build your own weapons ?
Assault rifles can be crafted once you got mashining research.
Or even Greatbows are good, when you got a jogger to kite them abit.

ReconCrow

Quote from: Canute on October 17, 2016, 08:01:17 AM
The problem is I want good one, since I kinda a weapon hoarder and great bow kinda meh for me and it took long time for machining.
But main problem is the monster event happen too much compare to other.
By 10 points it like this: 5/10 monster 2/10 robot related event 1/10 animal related event and only 2/10 raid.

jecrell

Quote from: ReconCrow on October 17, 2016, 08:09:55 AM
Quote from: Canute on October 17, 2016, 08:01:17 AM
The problem is I want good one, since I kinda a weapon hoarder and great bow kinda meh for me and it took long time for machining.
But main problem is the monster event happen too much compare to other.
By 10 points it like this: 5/10 monster 2/10 robot related event 1/10 animal related event and only 2/10 raid.

I updated the mod (Cosmic Horrors 1.3f) to fix the attack frequency. Now it should be a good balance with the vanilla game's factions. Let me know how the change goes.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

MercuryDoll

Just had a Shoggoth raid of 3 and during the fight my game froze up after i killed the second. Plenty of mods installed so not sure if it was this one directly or if it was the turretmod, but i got these errors at the exact moment i killed a Shoggoth.

Aaand a second time this happened, this time with Deep Ones and Great Deep Ones. Again, error message on kill, with a crash following shortly after the second one. This time i got to see the debug message.

KTVSUN

I updated the mod (Cosmic Horrors 1.3f) to fix the attack frequency. Now it should be a good balance with the vanilla game's factions. Let me know how the change goes.

Looks much better to me. Thank you

jecrell

Quote from: MercuryDoll on October 19, 2016, 06:49:04 PM
[Images removed]

I'm sorry I can't see the image files you linked. I want to fix this problem for you. Can you send the output_log.txt file?

Right, so now your images loaded. If I had to guess, it seems to be turret-mod related.

Hydromancerx

So one of my saves from the 16th no longer works. Of the mods that I have that have updated since then is the this Neutral Factions mod, Vegetable Garden, Cyclone Wire, [sd] Space Ship and RIMkea. I specifically get an error saying something about a missing "Race_Giant_Skin". Since this mod has textiles I thought maybe it could be the mod messing up my save. Note RIMkea might also be it. The other 3 I am doubting since they don't seem to deal with skins. Anyone else have this problem? Or know if this mod is the mod that removed Giant Skin?

KTVSUN

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 20, 2016, 09:26:44 PM
So one of my saves from the 16th no longer works. Of the mods that I have that have updated since then is the this Neutral Factions mod, Vegetable Garden, Cyclone Wire, [sd] Space Ship and RIMkea. I specifically get an error saying something about a missing "Race_Giant_Skin". Since this mod has textiles I thought maybe it could be the mod messing up my save. Note RIMkea might also be it. The other 3 I am doubting since they don't seem to deal with skins. Anyone else have this problem? Or know if this mod is the mod that removed Giant Skin?

I m pretty sure the giant race is added by the mod Talons faction

Hydromancerx

I don't use Talon's mod. :/ I thought of that too. Note i also have never seen giant skin in the game so its an even bigger mystery. :(

EDIT: Good news! I edited the save file with Notepad ++ and deleted all references to giant leather and it loaded fine! Yay!

MercuryDoll

Quote from: jecrell on October 20, 2016, 08:19:10 AM
[Images removed]

I'm sorry I can't see the image files you linked. I want to fix this problem for you. Can you send the output_log.txt file?

Right, so now your images loaded. If I had to guess, it seems to be turret-mod related.
Image host acting funky again, eh. And yeah, that's what i assumed first as well, that the turret acted funky. But in the second image the exception came from a different gun, the "wailer" is actually a pawn-held gun from Rimsenal. What i forgot to mention is that unlike the Star Vampires and Dark Young i believe that spawned earlier in my game, they did not leave corpses upon death. Which is my assumption where the error comes from (the bullet tried to hit something that didn't exist because the game couldn't spawn a corpse item?) Though after loading the game up today this did oddly not happen now, which is weird. But i also saved the game when they were already spawned at the edge of the map this time. Might be something funky with the engine loading mods perhaps.

But i have something else to report which i assume is mostlikely your mod itself, because it happens consistently and only with this type of monster: Star Vampires only spawn solo, which could be intended, but the game tries to spawn more and fails, spitting out a debug error. They also apparently still retain their aggressive AI when incapacitated, the debugger throwing another error and i noticed them still "watching for targets" while incapped.
Screenshots of the debug log http://imgur.com/a/vC4kS

TOWC

Can you please update cosmic horrors archive on google drive?

jecrell

[...]
But i have something else to report which i assume is mostlikely your mod itself, because it happens consistently and only with this type of monster: Star Vampires only spawn solo, which could be intended, but the game tries to spawn more and fails, spitting out a debug error. They also apparently still retain their aggressive AI when incapacitated, the debugger throwing another error and i noticed them still "watching for targets" while incapped.
Screenshots of the debug log http://imgur.com/a/vC4kS

Thanks a lot. This is actually very useful to me. I'll definitely make some revisions when I have time.

Quote from: TOWC on October 21, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
Can you please update cosmic horrors archive on google drive?

Ooops. I thought I had done so. It's updated now.

jecrell

It's been a while guys, but I'm working on the sacrificial altar and creating the spells for the next pack. Here's some of what I've got so far...

New Textures:
Summonable Sunken Treasures Ships:

Fertility Totem for Shub Niggurath (increases fertility in the soil when placed):

So far four spells and five side effects are working.

The four spells are....
'Psionic Growth' - grants a pawn a psionic brain with a chance of injury and infection.
'Fertility Ritual' - summons black goats and a fertility totem to help feed your colony.
'Sunken Ship' - summons a broken ship from the sea to deconstruct for valuable resources.
'Forbidden Knowledge' - boosts research by around +50% for the current project.

The five current side effects are...
(Blight / Eclipse / Flashstorm) - already in the game.
Aurora Effect - creates a gradient aurora effect and gives a mood boost to colonists.
Rats in the Walls - randomly destroys floor tiles and spawns rats and filth.

Listen1

Quote from: jecrell on October 24, 2016, 12:50:54 PM
Rats in the Walls - randomly destroys floor tiles and spawns rats and filth.

Delicious Rat Meat. Be sure to spawn them as aggressive.