[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on March 05, 2018, 05:41:30 AM
Do you know there exist a Wiki about this ?
Rim_of_Madness_Wiki

Thanks, it might be the proper place if someone would like to share the info. But unfortunately it's nearly empty atm.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Coolphoton

The werewolves are White Wolf weres. there are no OWoD factions yet. its just the forms and a cupple communities

Cosmic Horrors...think of it as an animal pack with too many tentacles, teeth and eyes. many of the horrors are treated as un-capturable factions instead of animals but they don't count as sentients. That's all I can really say without spoiling.

The Elder Things...there a pentagalaly symmetrical fungoid life form that refuses to do dumb labor(its the backstorys) wears no clothing(there extremely temperature tolerant) has lots of upgrade able limbs(bionics and blessings) and can only uses one weapon, the elder thing laser.

Cults...you can worship all the gods in turn, but in general:
Cthulhu: use this if you don't have prosthetic or your defenses are weak
Shub-Niggurath: use this if you like combat pets
Nyarlathotep: is a mixed bag of nice abilities
Hastur: has some nice social abilities and a nice utility pet
Dagon: a cupple decent loot spawns
Tsathoggua: I haven't used this much, I think there is a pet spawn and a super food.

Incidentally, the 'Chosen' ability granted by worship is a game ender. Its suppose to be a space ship ending alternative.

Canute

Tsathoggua: You can get some powerful totem from him. The first one is a totem that let enmies turn unconscious for a short time. You just need to pickup them to capture.

Cthulhu: can give out some tentacle they are like bionic's, and a brain to enhance mellee attacks.

Dagon: it the master of resources, he let crash ship on your map, and you can get resources and sometimes more victim to sacrify.

Nyarlathotep: the best is that he can change the Backstory to remove these "incappable of ..." from pawn.

Coolphoton

Nyarlathotep's Starry Wisdom and Dark Emissary are generally more useful than Chaos Theory to me.

Canute

Jecrell,
i would have a request for the Cult of Madness.
Would it be possible that the altar the current chance for a succesful sacrifice when you select it.
Yes the chance varie when people enter the room with or without cult appareal.

asquirrel

I had to uninstall your spider mod and your rim of madness mod.  Your spider mod throws red errors when spiders spawn.  Your Rim of Madness creature mod throws an a grapple error with that purple creature that beats people to death with its' tentatcles.  Wondering if your jecstools isn't working right with the mods.  Jecstools is right at the top of my load order.  Then the other mods far below that. 

Just an FYI.  The starwars mod causes a crash on my pawn generation screen.  That sucks. Now I'm down to only 100 mods that are playing well in my game.

Edit - where is Jecstools supposed to go in my load order?  I have it set up as core, hugslib and then jecstools.  Is that right?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on March 06, 2018, 06:37:55 PM
I had to uninstall your spider mod
I was having an issue with the spiders. When one of the came to attack my pawn, after they triggered the trap, the screen went all gray. Except I could only see the white numbers of things in my stockpile. But the error log worked, and I could exit to the main menu. However, when starting even a new, separate game (without having yet restarted) the screen was still stuck being all gray like this. I even tried changing the speed, but nothing at all was happening, as far as I could tell, gameplay wise.

Quote from: asquirrel on March 06, 2018, 06:37:55 PM
I have it set up as core, hugslib and then jecstools.  Is that right?
That's how I have mine.

asquirrel

Thanks HD for the load order.  I just re-enabled everything again but changed the load order.  Same error and the game is lagging like a mofo now.  Going to disable all this stuff and call it a cthulu day.

[attachment deleted due to age]

jecrell

Quote from: asquirrel on March 06, 2018, 07:11:51 PM
Thanks HD for the load order.  I just re-enabled everything again but changed the load order.  Same error and the game is lagging like a mofo now.  Going to disable all this stuff and call it a cthulu day.

Looks like a version mismatch is going on. Did you update JecsTools? Be sure to DELETE the directory first before placing a new version in your mods folder.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

asquirrel

Hi Jecell!

I was having a problem with the Jecstools first with the manual one that I downloaded from Github.  The folder that the mods was extracted to was JecsTools-master.  I then deleted that folder and downloaded the Steam version because I thought maybe it was newer.  I still had the problem.  Is there another folder that might causing this problem as well?  Maybe something in the C:\Users\myname\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios folder?  Thanks!

asquirrel

I think I already had that version but I'll disable the one from Steam and try the version you posted again.  Can't hurt to try! :)

Canute

Or it is maybe another mod that cause the conflict.
I am using Cult of Madness, cosmic horror and Rim of Magic and don't encounter these problems.
Maybe do a Share log from hugslib (if that don't work you need to update hugslib) if these error happen.

asquirrel

Hi Canute!

How do I upload the sharelog from hugslib?  I checked my C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\HugsLib and found two text files.  Lastseennews and modsettings.  I went to github and noticed there was an update 5 days ago to hugslib.  The version I currently have is Version: 4.0.1.  The new version is 4.1.1.  Going to try the update and see if that resolves the errors. Thanks! :)

https://github.com/UnlimitedHugs/RimworldHugsLib/releases