[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Just at the Error log window.
Click at the "share log" button and post the link you are geting there.
If it fail to upload, you need to update hugslib.

[attachment deleted due to age]

asquirrel

Crap.  It looks like it didn't work.  Still got that grapple problem even after the update.   Here's a link to my log file.

https://git.io/vANeH

[attachment deleted due to age]

Decoherent

I've got a bit of a debugging issue, too. I moved my colony across the world, and the trip (and establishment) took so long that all of my colonists lost their religion. I spawned a new grimoire so I could build a research bench and got my old preacher back up to max religion, but I still can't get him to lead any sermons (the "force worship" button doesn't do anything, either). Is there a command or something to flip colonists back to religion, or restart it, or something?

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults
v1.18.0.2 (3/10/18)
==================
+ Fixed the Oathtaker ability. It now properly resurrects.
+ Fixed a typo that appears in the Oathtaker sacrifice's result messages
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Quote from: Decoherent on March 08, 2018, 02:32:17 PM
I've got a bit of a debugging issue, too. I moved my colony across the world, and the trip (and establishment) took so long that all of my colonists lost their religion. I spawned a new grimoire so I could build a research bench and got my old preacher back up to max religion, but I still can't get him to lead any sermons (the "force worship" button doesn't do anything, either). Is there a command or something to flip colonists back to religion, or restart it, or something?

Turn on God Mode. Then select the altar. You will have access to developer commands to force everyone into cultists.

Decoherent

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about the god mode options! However, it's still not working. Below is the log after I first "Force worship" and then "Sacrifice"; it's complaining "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type."

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/82fbdef30261964f8ff160f4e2c291d8

henk

Upon completion of the 'ritual attire' research, is it some flat bonus or should I get some new clothing option?

Edit: NM I found the cultist stuff, in the tailor bench bills..  not the medieval tailoring station.

Harry_Dicks

Can anyone get the straightjackets to work on guests properly? Or if this isn't meant to be, could it ever be added, or maybe as an option that could be enabled? Thanks!

Canute

Currently the force feature isn't working for anything.
Not for prisoner,not for your own pawn or guests/caravan.

I am not sure if this is a bug or intended , because you could replace the guests power armor with a shoddy straightjacket.
And the weapon would drop too (i think) since no manipulation.

henk

Some issue with the goats:

Exception ticking Cults_BlackGoat132348: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase.GetDodgeChance (Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x0009a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase.TryCastShot_Patch1 (object) <0x00345>
at Verse.Verb.TryCastNextBurstShot () <0x00040>
at Verse.Verb.VerbTick () <0x0005c>
at Verse.VerbTracker.VerbsTick () <0x00034>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00117>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Cults_BlackGoat132348 meleed HPLovecraft_MistCreature139254 from out of melee position.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase:TryCastShot_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Verb:TryCastNextBurstShot()
Verse.Verb:VerbTick()
Verse.VerbTracker:VerbsTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This happened when mist walkers became hostile, and I assume the black goat tried to escape and stuck in aloop. I was able to solve the issue by killing goat.

henk

What is the function of the monolith? while it has an interaction spot there are no available options that I can see.
Is there any purpose to the colorful obelisk, beside looking pretty? it has beauty 10 but at rather steep cost.

Canute

No further use,
the interaction spot was needed for your 1. pawn to discover the strange runes so he can write the Grimoire later.

The Obelist are a no power light source, and the 300 stone blocks are rather cheap i think :-)
But if you prefer white light i suggest to search for Glowstone mod :-)

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults Update
1.18.0.3 (3/12/18)
==============
+ Cults can now view a report of their last sacrifice by researching "Chronicles" in the research tab.

Call me Arty

Thank-you so damn much, I had no idea that half of those were factors, or that the other half were so important!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Canute

That's more detailed then i hoped for, and maybe reveal to many mysteries of the cult's.

Btw. Jecrell, is the Aspect of Cthulhu finaly adjusted so it don't overwrite existing ones ? Maybe if that don't work just a selector to choose what part you want to replace.