[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henk

Trying to reinstall The forbidden knowledge center result in: "Called MaterialsNeeded on a Blueprint_Install." error.

Edit:
Quote from: jecrell on March 11, 2018, 10:45:19 PM
Call of Cthulhu - Cults Update
1.18.0.3 (3/12/18)
==============
+ Cults can now view a report of their last sacrifice by researching "Chronicles" in the research tab.

Is this update save compatible?

Quote from: Canute on March 11, 2018, 05:37:03 PM
Thanks.

jecrell

Call of Cthulhu - Cults
-Fixed issue where forbidden research was forbidding the new Chronicling feaure

Rim of Madness - Werewolves
-Added Portuguese / Portuguese Brazilian translation by Freewayz
-Adjusted melee hit chance and dodge chance offsets

Quote from: henk on March 13, 2018, 12:22:43 AM
Is this update save compatible?
I was able to load previous saves just fine with the new cults update.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

henk

Quote from: jecrell on March 14, 2018, 12:03:25 PM

After upgrading 1.18.0.2 -> 1.18.0.4 I was also able to load previous save and everything works fine, except the new feature which returns a blank report. Oh well I tried.

Still a very nice update, and at least I can gleam from your screenshot what to pay attention to.

henk

The 'Industrial Age' addon. Gramophone object sometime throw the error:

Inspect string for Estate_Gramophone445694 contains empty lines.

START

Status Off
END
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DoPaneContentsFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:InspectPaneOnGUI(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

This has no gameplay effect that I can see, only the annoyance of having the game pauses for sec.

jecrell

Quote from: henk on March 14, 2018, 11:32:02 PM
Quote from: jecrell on March 14, 2018, 12:03:25 PM

After upgrading 1.18.0.2 -> 1.18.0.4 I was also able to load previous save and everything works fine, except the new feature which returns a blank report. Oh well I tried.

Still a very nice update, and at least I can gleam from your screenshot what to pay attention to.

After initially updating, you have to perform a sacrifice, otherwise it's blank. Yeah.

jecrell

Rim of Madness - Arachnophobia
v1.18.0.3 (3/16/18)
==============
-Fixed issue where living prey would try to run away inside of a cocoon.

Call me Arty

Quote from: jecrell on March 15, 2018, 10:37:13 PM
v1.18.0.3 (3/16/18)
==============

Thank-you, for the unintentional image of one of my colonists getting dragged away to the Spider's den, popping only his legs out of the cocoon, and trying to run away.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Umbreon117

Quote from: Call me Arty on March 16, 2018, 09:00:52 AM
Quote from: jecrell on March 15, 2018, 10:37:13 PM
v1.18.0.3 (3/16/18)
==============

Thank-you, for the unintentional image of one of my colonists getting dragged away to the Spider's den, popping only his legs out of the cocoon, and trying to run away.
Thank you for making me think of that when I didn't before.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Call me Arty

Official request to make a smaller-scale version of the Spider Queen that's just a pawn who got Gray Widow'd (gore, language, gross spider stuff, viewer discretion is advised). They impact sanity, have a "oh my god I just saw that!" debuff, and burst out a bunch of spider babies when dead. That'd be delightful.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

henk

Quote from: jecrell on March 15, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
After initially updating, you have to perform a sacrifice, otherwise it's blank. Yeah.

It would be nice to have some default text here, as fools free measure for those like me, a cover with basic instruction for the initiate into the black art.

Anyway, I just tried to sacrifice a black cat and encountered this error:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Tobias, Job=Cults_HoldSacrifice (Job_7555142) A=Thing_HPLovecraft_CatRace713680 B=Thing_Cult_HumanSacrificeAltar372865, Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: collection
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].CheckCollection (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.CultUtility.CongregationBonus (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 congregationIn, CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntity entity, System.Boolean& perfect, System.Boolean& sacrificialDagger, System.Text.StringBuilder s2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.CosmicEntity.ReceiveSacrifice (Verse.Pawn sacrifice, Verse.Map map, Boolean favorSpell, Boolean starsAreRight, Boolean starsAreWrong) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.CultUtility.SacrificeExecutionComplete (CultOfCthulhu.Building_SacrificialAltar altar) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.JobDriver_HoldSacrifice.<MakeNewToils>b__7_6 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob, curJob.def=Cults_HoldSacrifice, curDriver=CultOfCthulhu.JobDriver_HoldSacrifice
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

After that, I noticed that I can't choose the option 'none' for animal nor human sacrifice, and whatever I choose is set for both https://i.imgur.com/DSP96dH.png

henk

There is a major Issue with mist events which can result into endless debug error spam. It seems to happen when someone goes aggro  and so far effected both animals and prisoners, most recent error:

Yellow: Emily meleed HPLovecraft_MistCreature1149382 from out of melee position.
Red: Exception ticking Emily: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Verb_MeleeAttackBase.GetDodgeChance (Verse.LocalTargetInfo) <0x0009a>

So far the only way I found to solve it is using the GM and kill/destroy the bugged out entity.

Other minor issues from the top of my head:

* Gramophones will sometime throw one red error, not sure why, no gameplay effect.
* I love the gramophone music, but since more than one can be played at the same time, they can be a source of noise pollution.
* Sacrifices, I have sacrificed several animals since last time including black cats, but the previous error wasn't reproduced. However, the sacrifice log is still empty ( I assume this is an issue because I updated the mod mid game)
* The bloody moon can be very tiring on the eyes, maybe tweak the effect to a little more mild.
* The typewriting table book/journal 'do until X' page count does work. I have tried placing 74 pages at stockpiles, and verity other storage items, but it only ever show 1/20. I am using 'Better Workbench Management' mod, but it is the only bench that had such issues.
* The lack of ability to reinstall the bookcases is annoying.

wedekit

I got so excited when I saw you added the Chronicle research for the altar "report card." I thought I'd mention that it currently doesn't work for Favor spells.

I was also wondering if it would be feasible to add a report card for daily worship scores. I basically taught myself C# to scour your code and determine if all the same things that contribute to sacrifices help with worship too... or if proper attire (which the tooltip reminder indicates) is the only thing that helps.

Also, I tend to get a ceaseless spam of errors when I try to move my Forbidden Knowledge research table. The last time it even spawned a miniature table while leaving the research table where it was... I had to delete both to make the errors stop.

Are these the kinds of things I'm supposed to report on the GitHub? ^^; Next time it happens I'll copy the error and post it.

Also wanted to add that I really love the Bone extension to this family of mods. The floors are probably my favorite part. They all look really nice and are a nice break from all the Vanilla flooring. They're pretty much my new staple for hallway flooring. =]

Oh! And the "dice rolls" being visible is also incredibly helpful. But I tend to be a person that likes to know all the variables involved rather than just surrender to the mystery of mods.

Vampire mod blew my mind as I'm a huge fan of the World of Darkness setting! Now that you have Werewolves and Vampires covered, any thoughts about trying to implement a Mage the Ascension mod? That's my favorite of the three. ^^;  Some of the Conventions/Traditions have some relevance to basic Rimworld mechanics. The most obvious ones are Conventions since it is more SciFi-ish than fantasy: Iteration X and and Bionics and Crafting; Progenitors and Medicine and Animals (including genetic engineering); Void Engineers and travel (space or dimensional; gates to other parts of the map, for example); Syndicate and trade.

henk

Quote from: wedekit on March 22, 2018, 05:05:58 AM
Also, I tend to get a ceaseless spam of errors when I try to move my Forbidden Knowledge research table.
Confirmed, I reported this a while back. To elaborate, using the "reinstall at" options will result in "Called MaterialsNeeded on a Blueprint_Install" error spiral. This can be avoided by simply uninstalling and then installing again.

sephirothsrose

hi there, I recently just downloaded all of these except those labelled A17 as I use B18, I seem to have an issue with the vampire mod, every time my vamp bites someone the whole screen goes grey? not sure what could be causing this, I have the most recent JecsTools as well, any ideas on how to get this working?

Canute

You just need jecstools and vampire mod.
But without error log, it is hard to say what's wrong.
look at point 4. and 5. from
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0