[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Liquidhalo231

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 30, 2017, 02:42:40 PM
There is a simple solution for that. :

Create a Workstation with the power armor job on repeat and an ingredient radius of 1.
Then store the unfinished armors next to the workbench, eventually they get finished.

After a few hours of testing, I can confirm that they do in fact continue, but it's too slow, it can take them 2-3 ingame years to finish anything, omnibots are the worst for this too, they start a big project, for example: make omnibot, then do 20 work units and leave it for a few months because they found something more fun to do, like cleaning.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Liquidhalo231 on October 01, 2017, 04:01:12 PM
After a few hours of testing, I can confirm that they do in fact continue, but it's too slow, it can take them 2-3 ingame years to finish anything, omnibots are the worst for this too, they start a big project, for example: make omnibot, then do 20 work units and leave it for a few months because they found something more fun to do, like cleaning.

Wall the fuckers in then until the finish their job.

But I have no idea how to stop them from starting those jobs except from having no omni-bots.
One of the gui-mods allows you to assign a single pawn to a bill, but that is also just a band-aid to the actual problem.
And I admit I never used bots that did jobs I rather had my pawns working on. ( which boils down to crafting )
But before important surgeries I disabled the medical bots.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

You forget one thing, these robots are still animals, you can't force them to do anything.
This is why i think it is currently a bad idea to use the omnibots.
MAI's are better omnibots.

Nameless

Yup I simply don't use them at all nor bother researching it.

wedekit

Just wanted to say I'm a big fan of this mod! I'm probably reaching the end of my first colony playthrough and I've spent most of it with a handy dandy cleaner bot.

I actually didn't craft, just straight up bought it. You mention that it's cheaper to craft your own, but the research costs are steep. Considering they don't level up their skills, I don't see then point in making a crafting or cooking bot (and probably even construction) that's only simple or basic. At one point I bought an intermediate robot part thinking I was clever and could skip the research and go straight for the haul bot III research... but no, you remembered to add the tech requirement per tier. ;) Good job.

I was curious about if they benefit from tool cabinet adjacency bonuses? I really don't know how to tell, and my pawns have hard worker traits and whatnot so hard to compare that way. But even my intermediate and advanced bots craft super slow. However, I guess the whole point is that they can do some of the more tedious tasks while your pawns with the corresponding jobs can focus on more important things... For example, I usually station my crafter bot at the smelter and component table and zone them away from the smithing tables.

I didn't mind that they were classified as animals, and was happy I could make zones for them so I could control their behavior a bit more. However, trying to find them to adjust their zoning can be a real pain. Any way you could implement something like the animal tab? Or just include them in the animal tab? Their zones already show up on the animal tab anyways...

Finally, I had a question about how or why bots become disabled. I had one attacked by an aggressive mob once and it was destoryed, so that made sense. But I've had a couple die in front of the station they were working at and basically couldn't do anything about it. Hopefully the repair function will be up and running soon!

fatm3l

Why the kitchen bot cremating corpses? Are all the bots can do cremate too? It was my first bot and i saw it cremating corpses

MusicManiac

I keep loosing bots for some reason. There are no fights going on or nothing, just after some time i check by bot station and see "Bot is destroyed". wth? Can someone explain, how to prevent this? Station is powered 24/7.

Positronium

Quote from: MusicManiac on November 16, 2017, 08:02:19 PM
I keep loosing bots for some reason. There are no fights going on or nothing, just after some time i check by bot station and see "Bot is destroyed". wth? Can someone explain, how to prevent this? Station is powered 24/7.

You can turn on debug mode and restore the bots from there, it happens to me way too frequently...

Canute

Quote from: MusicManiac on November 16, 2017, 08:02:19 PM

Mosttimes this happen because you have predator animals at your map.
And when a predator hunt/attack your robot you don't get any warning (except you got a mod which add this warning) and you might just notice a currently slow down at the gamespeed but then it is allready to late.

Nameless

Or you have them on while there is a raid or manhunter going on.

Bots have no area restriction so they can wander all the way out your base and get destroyed by just about anything. Which is pretty annoying imo.

alaestor

Updated for B18. I really didn't test much...

Reverse compatibility is broken due to some XML changes I made. As usual; old versions will be available on the download sites.

fatm3l

How did you update this mod without misc. Core being updated

alaestor

Quote from: fatm3l on November 27, 2017, 10:05:45 AM
How did you update this mod without misc. Core being updated

Ah. I never checked the forums... But on steam it's up to B18.
Heh... Whoops ^.^' guess I'm early.

fatm3l

Hehe. But thanks for early update.