[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

Quote from: FurkanOkatan on October 13, 2016, 03:05:38 PM
Hey, I'm loving the mod but i noticed that this mod causes the boomalopes to disappear. it wouldnt matter much but i want to use another mod where you can collect neutroglycerin from them by farming . is there anyway to solve this. pls dont get me wrong i love the mod but can you guide me to modify your mod so that i can still have boomalopes and boomrats. Thanks in advance!!

As mentioned by kaptain_kavern, you can add boomalopes back in manually. Also, we may add a plant that can be synthesized into neutroglycerin in a future release.

Hydromancerx

I noticed the Junglefowl are called Jungle Peahen and Jungle Peacock. They are chickens not peacocks. They should be called Junglefowl and not have the "pea" anything.

Coercion

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 14, 2016, 08:16:10 AM
I noticed the Junglefowl are called Jungle Peahen and Jungle Peacock. They are chickens not peacocks. They should be called Junglefowl and not have the "pea" anything.

I noticed this as well. This will be fixed in the next update.

FurkanOkatan

Quote from: Coercion on October 14, 2016, 07:08:54 AM
Hey, I'm loving the mod but i noticed that this mod causes the boomalopes to disappear. it wouldnt matter much but i want to use another mod where you can collect neutroglycerin from them by farming . is there anyway to solve this. pls dont get me wrong i love the mod but can you guide me to modify your mod so that i can still have boomalopes and boomrats. Thanks in advance!!

As mentioned by kaptain_kavern, you can add boomalopes back in manually. Also, we may add a plant that can be synthesized into neutroglycerin in a future release.
wow a plant would be a nice feature!!
And thank you kaptain for your help. Keep up the good work!

Hydromancerx

Quote from: FurkanOkatan on October 14, 2016, 03:19:50 PM
Quote from: Coercion on October 14, 2016, 07:08:54 AM

wow a plant would be a nice feature!!
And thank you kaptain for your help. Keep up the good work!

There is a mod that has a plant called Neutro Flower, which already can do this.

res34

Is it possible to code animals so that they only spawn on deep water tiles (as in rivers/oceans), so that species such as caiman and arowana. Also, have you considered working with the maker of the fishing mod in order to add aquatic species that can be caught?

kaptain_kavern

There are several things to consider about request/proposal and mod merging possibilities :

- me I can't draw and Coercion has a "vision" on how it will look when achieve so I understand well he doesn't want to have not related graphic styles.

- about the code : we try to stick to vanilla-friendly modding without adding .DLL and C# code because I don't know much about that and because we intend to retain maximum compatibility (without too much efforts)

Sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'm not a natural English speaker. It was more for explain how we worked.

But I, and I'm sure Coercion will do the same, always willing to try to help anybody to modify the mod and/or making you own creatures

Edit: when CCL will be updated it will be more easy for me to tweak more things ;-)

There was a mod with fishes that only spawned in water and all."Ocean biome" or something similar, it was in A13 iirc. I'm pretty sure it was using .DLL/C#.

Coercion

I may be interested in working on aquatic animals (fish) in the future. It probably would not be part of this mod though.

With that said, amphibious creatures (such as crocodiles, caiman, etc.) may be included in this mod.

Coercion

Here is the release plan for v1.3. This should be released this week.

(updated below)

Draegon

Hydromancerx

kaptain_kavern

Not all the announced features are already coded in my working version ;)

The only one I got ready is a little screenshot with all the added horn/antlers. Those items will only have one purpose : Being sold (like elephant tusks in Vanilla) (The critical things IMHO would be to set a proper balanced price - feedbacks will be appreciated once released ;op ) OR being used a improvised weapon :

That's really all I got in stock for showing you. I mostly have worked on other mods those last few days, honestly; but we're back on track for this evening

res34

For a moment there I thought that the turtle was actually a turtle shell, at least until I noticed the head. Other than that little mistake on my part, I can't wait till this is implemented, as it'll make hunting all the more profitable for my tribesmen.

Hydromancerx

Those look awesome! You thinking about making some sort of antler weapon like an axe or spear? I know there was a neolithic mod that used antler axes.

kaptain_kavern

Hey it's very good idea, seriously I have write it down.

The thing is the more we add little things like that the more we post-pone major progress regarding the original purpose (adding plants and animals). It's not intended to you particularly, Hydro. it's the major problem I have when working on project like that, prioritization ;)

But again I like the idea