[A15] TwitchBot (1.0.4 9/29/16) - An integrated Twitch Bot

Started by theubie, September 22, 2016, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theubie

Direct Download: Infinite Possibility Games
Steam: Steam Page

Rimworld TwitchBot is a directly integrated bot that allows your viewers to interact with your game.Currently, it features a command to view the mods you are running on your current game and a command to enter viewers into a drawing to have colonists (and colony animals) named after them. Anyone familiar with most twitch Rimworld streams knows these commands, but this mod does even more of the grunt work for the streamer.

The mods command is always up to date as it draws the info directly from your game. The name give away is as simple as one button click, rather than running the giveaway in a bot in another window, then coming back to your Rimworld game to find the colonist, then rename them. Also, the name give away allows you to rename pets even without other mods (Rimworld doesn't allow you to name pets in the core game).

You can configure the bot to run through your current twitch user account, or you can specify a separate bot account. You can limit the colonist list to just humanoids or all colonists including animals. You can have a name removed from the pool of viewer names when it is picked. You also can choose to have the rename box popup after a colonist is named, so you can add additional info into the name or edit the name if it's needed.

Tutorial Video:  YouTube

Change Log:

v 1.0.4:
    -Added more meaningful messages as to why you failed to log into Twitch chat.
    -Added autostart to Twitch Settings.
    -Added an option to send your mod list to the infinitepossibilitygames.com server.
    -If you are sending your mod list to the IPG servers, the !mod command will now give a link to your mod list rather than barfing all your mods into chat.  (example at: http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/TwitchBotMods/theubie2/)
v 1.0.3:
    -Fixed issue with settings for a second twitch user/bot name not saving correctly.  This was causing some authentication errors.
v 1.0.2:
    -Fixed message length issue (was sending more characters than IRC would allow) which would cause the !mod list to fail when your list was longer than 256 characters.
v 1.0.1:
    -Initial Release

FAQ:

What are the requirements for this mod?

This mod does not depend on any other mods. You can run this and the game core just fine.

This mod does require an active Twitch account, including it's username and oauth password. To get your oauth password go to http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/. Make sure you are logged in with the twitch user that will respond in chat to the bot commands. It is perfectly fine to use your own normal twitch account for that, or if you wish to create a separate account for the bot, feel free.

How do I install this mod?

Either download the zip file and unzip its contents into your mods folder, or if you're using Steam find this mod in the Steam workshop and subscribe.

What order should your mod be loaded in?

The mod can be loaded anywhere after the game's core mod. It does not depends on any other mod to function.

Are there any known issues?

We do not modify any base code in this mod, so it should be compatible with just about any other mod. Having said that, we have only tested this mod on Windows. No direct support is given for MacOS or Linux at this time.

Can this mod be used with old saves?

This mod should absolutely be old save compatible.

I found a bug or would like to request a feature.  How can I let you know?

You can, of course, reply to this thread with that info...but if you want immediate response and would also like to track the status of the issue/feature use the link to the direct download.  On the official IPG page you will find the bug and feature request tracker at the bottom of the page.

Adventurer

Oh wow. So this is what you've been working on. VERY impressive stuff.

I'm not sure if this is possible or even something you want to focus on, but would it be possible to implement the Twitch chat in-game, rather than having to rely on a stream overlay?

theubie

Quote from: Adventurer on September 22, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
Oh wow. So this is what you've been working on. VERY impressive stuff.

I'm not sure if this is possible or even something you want to focus on, but would it be possible to implement the Twitch chat in-game, rather than having to rely on a stream overlay?

As in you'd like the Twitch chat to show up in the game window?  It's something that's in the realm of possibility.  I'd just have to look into putting new overlays into the game window.  It already parses the chat completely.

Adventurer

Quote from: theubie on September 22, 2016, 09:38:03 PMAs in you'd like the Twitch chat to show up in the game window?  It's something that's in the realm of possibility.  I'd just have to look into putting new overlays into the game window.  It already parses the chat completely.

If it's not too difficult, yeah. It would be a useful feature for streaming with Shadowplay which is very resource-light when compared to Xsplit or OBS.

theubie

Quote from: Adventurer on September 22, 2016, 09:43:40 PM
Quote from: theubie on September 22, 2016, 09:38:03 PMAs in you'd like the Twitch chat to show up in the game window?  It's something that's in the realm of possibility.  I'd just have to look into putting new overlays into the game window.  It already parses the chat completely.
If it's not too difficult, yeah. It would be a useful feature for streaming with Shadowplay which is very resource-light when compared to Xsplit or OBS.
I can see it.  Unrelated:  OBS Studio is better resource wise than old school OBS.  My laptop runs it better at least. 

I'll put that into my feature request list for this mod.

Adventurer

Shadowplay is almost entirely GPU-based, it's NVIDIA's special video capture technology. Unfortunately using it to stream has a lot of limitations.

For the record though, I'd much rather see being able to reroll individual pawns on VerifyStart first though. :p

theubie

Quote from: Adventurer on September 22, 2016, 09:51:32 PM
Shadowplay is almost entirely GPU-based, it's NVIDIA's special video capture technology. Unfortunately using it to stream has a lot of limitations.

For the record though, I'd much rather see being able to reroll individual pawns on VerifyStart first though. :p

My current mod work priority:  Bug fixes for mods, Features on Verify Start, Features on Deep Core Miner (super secret stuff), Features on This mod.   (subject to change at my whim)

theubie

Tutorial video will be back online soon-ishâ„¢.  I accidently failed to blur some of the screens with my passwords.  OOOPS.  (passwords already changed, btw.)

Benville

Is this MrVirites twitch mod or have we got parallel releases?

theubie

I have no clue who that is, so option B sounds more likely.

theubie

Version 1.0.2 released.  Fixes bug with not respecting IRC's character limit which would cause the mod list to fail.

123nick

mr virtue , a guy who also did something similar, had a thing where doing !spawn in chat would immediatly caus a drop pod to land with that twitch users name . and sometimes, they would get a chance to vote on events happening one !good, and one !bad, voting with said commands. !good wouldn't be good, but not as bad as !bad most of the time, or just nothing happens, where as !bad would be like, manhunters, crashed space ship, raid, infestation. jefmajor, a twitch person, did a stream using that mod and it was pretty neat.

theubie

Yeah, I just googled the name.  It's interesting for sure.  This mod is more of a general twitch bot for normal stream game play.

theubie

v 1.0.3 released.  Fixes issues with not saving second twitch user/bot name settings.

voodoo6358

Any chance of adding in incident voting, sort of like Clustertruck? I'm imagining a new incident that occasionally pops up without affecting the others, and allows the twitch chat to vote on what it becomes each time it occurs. Or even a storyteller mode that completely disables all incidents and essentially makes chat the storyteller, voting on incidents that occur in either a predetermined or random frequency. Could completely change the definition of chat interaction!