[A15] Alpha Animals

Started by skullywag, October 02, 2016, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: skullywag on July 20, 2017, 06:49:40 AM
Just to let everyone know, I have got my train journeys back due to moving house, I began working on this again during this mornings commute, killed about 40 errors from A15 - A17, ill get the rest on the way home, I should be able to release at least a working version with animals spawning soon. Ill then start working on the more fancy stuff (ranged verbs) which was what was holding me up before due to core bugs that have since been fixed.

:o :o :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7D-W-QW-8
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kubolek01

If it works with A17, mark it properly!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Simmin

Cant wait for this to be updated, I absolutely love animal mods for this game,and these are amazing looking.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 03, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

He will, when it does  :P

skullywag

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 04, 2017, 06:54:15 AM

I might, depends how fruity im feeling.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: skullywag on August 04, 2017, 07:32:20 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 04, 2017, 06:54:15 AM

I might, depends how fruity im feeling.

yeth, marthter, forgive me for thugthethting otherwithe ..

Old Marm

I am really looking forward to this mod! Thank you for your work!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: skullywag on July 20, 2017, 06:49:40 AM
Just to let everyone know, I have got my train journeys back due to moving house, I began working on this again during this mornings commute, killed about 40 errors from A15 - A17, ill get the rest on the way home, I should be able to release at least a working version with animals spawning soon. Ill then start working on the more fancy stuff (ranged verbs) which was what was holding me up before due to core bugs that have since been fixed.

On the matter of ranged verbs .. what if .. you turned the animals with ranged verbs into a Race/ Hidden Faction like Insectoids and Mechanoids.

When I read the faction defenitions right, you can enforce a relationship range ( in this case neutral )
but I see the problem with that thought too .. then they would be no longer tameable but had to join your faction and become colonists .. and in order to breed them now you need the Baby Mod ..

damn .. sounded like a good idea at first.
I'll post it anyway.

Kelemvor

This mod looks awesome i hope you reupload for a17! D:

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 05, 2017, 10:54:45 AM
On the matter of ranged verbs .. what if .. you turned the animals with ranged verbs into a Race/ Hidden Faction like Insectoids and Mechanoids.

When I read the faction defenitions right, you can enforce a relationship range ( in this case neutral )
but I see the problem with that thought too .. then they would be no longer tameable but had to join your faction and become colonists .. and in order to breed them now you need the Baby Mod ..

damn .. sounded like a good idea at first.
I'll post it anyway.

From my experience with my Arachnid mod, if you want an animal to have ranged attack, it will have to be a like a mechanoid centipede - but once you do that, they will not be able to be tamed or recruited as part of the colony. 

The problem lies with how the game's original codes is designed to keep mechanoids totally special from humans and animals. Its a hard problem to solve, and i'm not good with patching (harmony) either.

Hugsterman

I dont suppose that this mod will be compatible with A Dog Said or ADS Easy Patcher? It would be sweet if I could get an army of lockjaws with bionic jaws eating everything.

Modo44

Given how long this has been dead, why is it still in the "Releases" section?

skullywag

Cuz i havent tidied up the releases section since the last release (I keep the last 2 alphas in releases) as im pretty busy on a multitude of other things. One being fixing this mod. Now stop backseat moderating and just be patient. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

sirskips

It would be great to see this for A17!

kaptain_kavern

While cleaning some folders and repos in order to get ready for A18 I stumble upon the unstable version I've made for A17 which was still full of errors...

I gave it some time and love... And now I have a working version ready for A18. Things are really crude and lots of animal needs more works (some more than others) but it's starting without errors and it's playable.

All animals spawned via Dev Tools in A18

I will still polish things a bit waiting for either Skullywag or A Friend permission before releasing a "dev" version and then I will need you folks for testing and feedbacks please.