[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChromeMax

Might'be been the the A14 version I was playing then. I remember butchering dead crystalloid constructs into meat or something.

TOWC

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 19, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
There shouldn't be any way to get meat from anything this mod adds... Whats butchering into meat?

I do remember, that prisms can be butchered into meat. Also it was them who bled and got infections. You might wanna look into them.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: TOWC on October 22, 2016, 08:07:30 PM
There shouldn't be any way to get meat from anything this mod adds... Whats butchering into meat?

I do remember, that prisms can be butchered into meat. Also it was them who bled and got infections. You might wanna look into them.

You can butcher the constructs (and it game does it automatically if you have a butcher's table set up) to get the crystal resource, they don't butcher into anything edible though.

TOWC

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 23, 2016, 02:53:40 AM

You can butcher the constructs (and it game does it automatically if you have a butcher's table set up) to get the crystal resource, they don't butcher into anything edible though.

Still, prisms bleed and get infections as I mentioned before, I saw that with my own eyes. You can spawn them through dev mod and check if I'm right or wrong. If that's how you wanted it to be then okay, I'm just giving some feedback when I can.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: TOWC on October 23, 2016, 10:03:05 AM
Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 23, 2016, 02:53:40 AM

Still, prisms bleed and get infections as I mentioned before, I saw that with my own eyes. You can spawn them through dev mod and check if I'm right or wrong. If that's how you wanted it to be then okay, I'm just giving some feedback when I can.

Yup, and its intentional.

Let me explain why it is intentional:

Crystalloids, and their constructs, are primarily made of a hard organic crystalline material. Just simply known as crystal in the game, it is synthesized by Crystalloid bodies (This techically makes it Bio-tech). In game, this material is considered solid in their bodies, like bones. They do not suffer from blood loss when they take damage... However, they have parts inside of them that are soft, which can. Now Crystalloids, currently, only have 2 soft parts: their brains and their nutrient intake organ. If those parts take damage, then they can suffer blood loss.

The constructs are a different story. Guardians have a brain like organ in their heads that can bleed, like the Crystalloids. Prisms and the Colossus are much different though, they both have a soft core and a hard shell.

All of the constructs are technically grown organic bodies that are animated by a psionic collective. They can bleed out or fall victim to a infection in their vital organs, but they are not very harmed from damage to their mostly solid limbs. Crystalline blood courses through their bodies, but in very small quantities, meaning if they got shot in the leg.. You could see a small blood splatter on the ground, but to the whole body, it is only a very minimal loss.

ChromeMax

Any update on this mod? Interested in seeing more features for the crystalloid colonists. Maybe something like allowing bionic crystalloid parts, as a collaboration project with the creator of EPOE? That would be pretty cool. I'm gonna start working on a mod myself, which is basically a gun with Nanite augmented ammunition, and wanted to know if you had any tips

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: ChromeMax on October 28, 2016, 01:06:12 PM
Any update on this mod? Interested in seeing more features for the crystalloid colonists. Maybe something like allowing bionic crystalloid parts, as a collaboration project with the creator of EPOE? That would be pretty cool. I'm gonna start working on a mod myself, which is basically a gun with Nanite augmented ammunition, and wanted to know if you had any tips

Yeah update coming relatively soonish, need to iron out the wrinkles though. New art and sounds, bunch of small tweaks, Valkyries got more fleshed out, Crystalloid embarking, and finally Human psionics (an optional feature).

I had an EPOE patch when the mod was in the pre-release stage, it needs some updating (Which I have been working on).

And all I could say about making new guns is to make new damage definitions and hediffs, you can do some neat effects with just XML.

AtomicRavioli

Updated:

Art improvements!
Some things got retextured, thanks to MasterDihtung for making new weapon textures!

Sound improvments!
To compliment the art being redone, some of the sounds are also redone.

Human psionics:
There are 2 scenarios added to the game that allow you to start the game with a chance for every human to be psionic, on the same scale that a Crystalloid is on.

Crystalloid embarks:
One of the two included default scenarios embarks with Crystalloids. Nearly the same as Crashlanded, except with Crystalloid weapons. You can also create your own embarks with the scenario editor. Also in regular embarks with humans, there is a low chance one of them might be a Crystalloid.

Valkyries:
Valkyries got more fleshed out with the update, some minor cosmetic changes and knights can spawn with a special suit of power armor that only Valkyries can wear. They all have their own backstory set now too.

Balancing and tweaks:
Various number tweaks that should be mostly unnoticeable. One important change is the recipe for the Amplifier Sniper, which now requires a large amplifier crystal to craft (drop from Colossus).

EPOE patch has also been made available for download.

Warning: Saves will be broken when updating from a previous version

Neen

The update seems to break my existing save, with a "Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Crystalloid" error.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Neen on October 29, 2016, 04:54:22 PM
The update seems to break my existing save, with a "Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Crystalloid" error.

I had to change the definition name of the Crystalloids to get something to work for this update... You might want to revert it to the old version if you want to continue on that save.

My bad for not stating that in the updates.

I catalog my old updates so I still have the old version available for download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rxk8jmo9lli0j4/CrystalloidV.1.zip

That is the previous update

Napple

What's the load order for the  compatibility patches.

Neen

Thanks for updating the notes.
And I'm very likely going to regret this later, but mass-replacing '<def>Crystalloid' with '<def>Alien_Crystalloid' in the save worked :D

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Napple on October 29, 2016, 05:23:04 PM
What's the load order for the  compatibility patches.

Crystalloid first, then EPOE patch, then the Prepare Carefully patch

Commander Blackwatch

[A15] Crystalloid ~ Xenohuman Race (Updated 10/29)

Problem:
I have Minor Problem why i cant use both Crystalloid and Alien Races and also why i cant change my colonist race to Crystalloid using Prepare Carefully .

The Mod is Impressive and the Texture is Great and Add some new Furniture and Security the Weapons are good the damage are balance and also some weapons are powerful and also faction are helpful and powerful and the Crystal Lamp little useful and requires little power but Great and Stasis Bed are Impressive useful and also Amplifier lamp helping the colonist Sleep well.

Average : Later i want to see all new update in the future
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch