[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Omega

Great mod. Keep up the good work.
I have an suggestion, what about crystal tiles/floors? it would be great, or at least a type of floor that uses crystals to make.

<=To Be Continued/\/

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Pink Omega on October 31, 2016, 07:02:36 PM
Great mod. Keep up the good work.
I have an suggestion, what about crystal tiles/floors? it would be great, or at least a type of floor that uses crystals to make.

Sounds good, I have been wanting to do something like that.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on October 30, 2016, 11:23:13 AM
Problem:
I have Minor Problem why i cant use both Crystalloid and Alien Races and also why i cant change my colonist race to Crystalloid using Prepare Carefully .

This may have to do with the fact that there was the need for a lot of bugfixing for Alien Races and the PC patch recently, so the version of the assembly in the Crystalloid-mod is probably outdated. Please download the latest version of the alien-race assembly and the patch, and simply replace the AlienRace.dll in every mod that has it with the newest assembly.

ChromeMax

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 23, 2016, 02:53:40 AM
Quote from: TOWC on October 22, 2016, 08:07:30 PM
Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 19, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
There shouldn't be any way to get meat from anything this mod adds... Whats butchering into meat?

I do remember, that prisms can be butchered into meat. Also it was them who bled and got infections. You might wanna look into them.

You can butcher the constructs (and it game does it automatically if you have a butcher's table set up) to get the crystal resource, they don't butcher into anything edible though.
Actually, you're wrong I butchered one of the crystalloid people and I got crystalloid meat.

AtomicRavioli

Updated to include the new alienraces.dll and some xml changes

This was just a minor bugfix patch, but I did include Valkyries to be in embarks. And Crystalloids and Valkyries will both have their correct backstories at embark. (Scratch that, it seems to be acting up again)

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: ChromeMax on November 01, 2016, 07:35:13 AM
Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 23, 2016, 02:53:40 AM
Quote from: TOWC on October 22, 2016, 08:07:30 PM
Quote from: AtomicRavioli on October 19, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
There shouldn't be any way to get meat from anything this mod adds... Whats butchering into meat?

I do remember, that prisms can be butchered into meat. Also it was them who bled and got infections. You might wanna look into them.

You can butcher the constructs (and it game does it automatically if you have a butcher's table set up) to get the crystal resource, they don't butcher into anything edible though.
Actually, you're wrong I butchered one of the crystalloid people and I got crystalloid meat.

Yeah tested it, didn't think about butchering the actual humanoids. Added a simple tag that should resolve it for when V1.2 is ready

ChromeMax

Pink Omega

Do the '' Psionic (stunted) '' actually develops randomly into Psionic 1, 2, 3 and 4?
If yes how much time it takes?

<=To Be Continued/\/

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 06, 2016, 02:17:27 PM
Do the '' Psionic (stunted) '' actually develops randomly into Psionic 1, 2, 3 and 4?
If yes how much time it takes?

Psionically stunted means that the individual is psionically handicapped, their impeded grip on psionics has affected their ability to even control their bodies properly (loss of capacities, but pain resistance). The condition is permanent (Unless the individual is a Crystalloid and you remove their psionic node on their brain).

Admirer

I'm just wondering if there's an ingame way to create psionics from humans with the prepare carefully mod. I found no option to do so.

Cpt.Ohu

That question was already asked over in the Alien Races Thread. Currently that option isn't available. However since the psionics are based on hediffs, it should be possible to integrate them into the modified PC version. I'm currently looking into it.

Admirer

Wew, thanks for humoring my ignorance anyway! You're an absolute treat!

Smexy_Vampire

is the epoe patch broken or is my other mods braking it ?
i have orsans installed.
looking at both the race epeo patches yours has a different layoyt and all i get is remove node and euthenize

Smexy_Vampire

still having issues with crystalloid race surgeries . it seams fine and works on the humans and orasans even the other medicals work on them so it must be how you did your race ? or that epoe patch isent even workin all i get is euthenize and remove node if thay got one

Dragoon

Could you add a prepare carefully patch that does not require epoe?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.