[A17] Crystalloid ~ Crystalline Humanoid Race V2.1 (Updated 10/08)

Started by AtomicRavioli, October 15, 2016, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Treason5240 on February 04, 2017, 02:18:24 AM
Love the mod and I'm thrilled with the changes.

That said, the first time a Siege showed up from the Athenians my game immediately goes into a constant recycling of errors that freezes everything.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.CanBeBuilder (Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege+<UpdateAllDuties>c__AnonStorey28F.<>m__176 (Verse.Pawn pa) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[Verse.Pawn].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElement[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source, Verse.Pawn& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.UpdateAllDuties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.LordToil_Siege.LordToilTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.Lord.LordTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Group.LordManager.LordManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Manually deleting and 'destroying' all the unbuilt schematics and killing the invaders did nothing to solve the problem.  Oddly enough, I couldn't use the development tools to 'kill,' 'down,' or 'destroy,' one of the Athenian scythers, either.  My tooltip would show that one existed there when I scrolled over the thing, but there was 0 interaction with it.

Thank you for the report. Athena should not be seiging, left an old tag in the faction .xml that allowed them to. Removing tag and re-uploading.

Mst

Quote from: Treason5240 on January 27, 2017, 07:30:25 PM
Upon reloading the save, dead Crystalloids loose their coloration.  They all revert to pale skin and grey hair.

Noticed that too. Hope my future alive recruits won't do that. Have somebody else had that problem?
Also in Relations tab by Fluffy they look as common pawns but so are the Asari so maybe in this case it's related to that mod.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Kurt Russel on February 06, 2017, 07:10:18 AM
Upon reloading the save, dead Crystalloids loose their coloration.  They all revert to pale skin and grey hair.

Noticed that too. Hope my future alive recruits won't do that. Have somebody else had that problem?
Also in Relations tab by Fluffy they look as common pawns but so are the Asari so maybe in this case it's related to that mod.

Its something with the AlienRaces framework both mods use, its a relatively minor issue though. You can report it to erdelf.

I need to do some explaining for the Athena Initiative. As of right now, they seem like a weird tacked on thing for the mod with no relevance... I plan for them to be the source of bionic implants for psionic abilities, to use in humans. That feature is not implemented. The "lore" reason is that they researched the Crystalloids and created their own gadgets to tap into the local psionic field to use for their own benefit. Now I have been considering moving Athena to its own mod and make it fully fleshed out, and revive Mutagens and Psionic Drugs in it.

What do you guys think? Should I keep Athena within Crystalloid or move it?

Mst

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on February 07, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

Its something with the AlienRaces framework both mods use, its a relatively minor issue though. You can report it to erdelf.

Thanks for the info! I'm ok with that as long as my recruits won't turn into witchers (not if that wouldn't be cool but that's a job for another mod).
Just got my first one by the way. Can you tell me about their life expectancy? Mine is over a 1300, is she too old?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Kurt Russel on February 07, 2017, 06:04:35 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm ok with that as long as my recruits won't turn into witchers (not if that wouldn't be cool but that's a job for another mod).
Just got my first one by the way. Can you tell me about their life expectancy? Mine is over a 1300, is she too old?

Living ones won't change on you, and they live to be around 2750 years old, and they gray at around 2100 years, for comparison to humans. Your Crystalloid is about 35 in human years.

Mst

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on February 07, 2017, 08:07:14 PM
Quote from: Kurt Russel on February 07, 2017, 06:04:35 PM

Living ones won't change on you, and they live to be around 2750 years old, and they gray at around 2100 years, for comparison to humans. Your Crystalloid is about 35 in human years.

Nice, thanks!

basekil

almost all crystalloids have 80% immunity gain speed because age penalty(80+). how about modify this with crystalloid's life expectancy?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: basekil on February 09, 2017, 01:44:19 PM
almost all crystalloids have 80% immunity gain speed because age penalty(80+). how about modify this with crystalloid's life expectancy?

I noticed that recently too, I might set the base immunity speed higher to offset it for them

ChairmanPoo

Somewhat off-topic: Will there be an update for "mutagens and psionic drugs"?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: ChairmanPoo on February 16, 2017, 05:10:10 PM
Somewhat off-topic: Will there be an update for "mutagens and psionic drugs"?

There will, it will be redone as part of another mod.

donoya

A recent update to the xenohuman races mod seems to have broken your mod. Either that or the steam upload isn't up to date. Also, I noticed on the main post that the latest update breaks compatibility with older versions. Are there any intentions to allow compatibility with pre-1.4 saves in a future version?

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: donoya on March 12, 2017, 01:25:17 PM
A recent update to the xenohuman races mod seems to have broken your mod. Either that or the steam upload isn't up to date. Also, I noticed on the main post that the latest update breaks compatibility with older versions. Are there any intentions to allow compatibility with pre-1.4 saves in a future version?

Yeah AlienRaces rewrote itself, I am a little ways behind it on the update for Crystalloid. I keep the links for the old versions of the mod if you need one, just make sure you also get an old version of AlienRaces for it.

AtomicRavioli

Updated to V.1.5! Featuring new functionality from AlienRaces 2.0

New content and features have been added to the mod.
Athena content, however, has been taken out to migrate to a new mod, where psionic drugs and mutagens will also be released.

Huge thanks to ChJees for contributing code for a very new and special defensive building, and to Sera and Folgore for contributing new art :).

EPOE is updated as well

Changelog:
1.5 AR 2.0, Crystalloid/human divergence, and Cleanup
Saves WILL be BROKEN

- EPOE patch updated

- Races have been rewritten for AlienRaces 2.0, as a result new functionality is possible

- Crystalloids have unique thoughts about certain things now
- They react differently than humans from: Food, beauty, heat, cold, nudity, sleeping in less than ideal conditions, and more

- Added Crystal Synthesizer, a device only Crystalloids can build that generates crystal resource over time
- Added Construct Hub, a security building that deploys friendly mini prisms that attack enemies that get close. They make excellent decoys to draw enemy fire. This was made possible by ChJees, huge thanks.

- Both buildings have their own research to unlock
- Mentioned buildings and their research are race restricted, hopefully.

- New Art for Crystal lamp, Lucerne Hammer, and Amplifier SMG, thanks to Folgore!
- Art for the Crystal Synthesizer, Construct Hub, and new art for the Crystal resource done by Sera, thanks!

- Fixed Psionic Class 2's sight bonus from 80% to 8%

- Athena content has been moved out of the mod, it will return as a standalone mod.

Ghasty

Thanks for the update for the new alienraces! Can't wait to get some of those sweet, sweet Amplifier weapons.

donoya

Is there any way to obtain a previous version? I want to be able to play my older save without problems.

Edit: I also would like a download for the previous epoe patch if that's not too much to ask.