A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaridan

DF is not a commercial game though, they don't need sales.

Also children don't just "die" in rimworld you can do quite some stuff to make them die or after they die.

The problem is the same why games with the swastika are banned in germany even though it's "just" a game.

GuesUserNameGUN

I really hope that with this comes new items and resources, maybe biome specific, so people will be encouraged to go to other biomes and make bases there, and also to actually travel and have many bases. That would be awesome, having a grand city in one area and a small farm in the jungle or something

Tracker

Quote from: GuesUserNameGUN on November 14, 2016, 03:55:15 AM
I really hope that with this comes new items and resources, maybe biome specific, so people will be encouraged to go to other biomes and make bases there, and also to actually travel and have many bases. That would be awesome, having a grand city in one area and a small farm in the jungle or something
First thing I would be realy interested in mentioned in this thread  :D this, tents and traveling events. Dangerous travel from the jungle mine with percious plasteel.

RawCode

worldmap, travel, encounters, we need turned based combat!

insert fallout reference here.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: RawCode on November 14, 2016, 07:33:15 AM
worldmap, travel, encounters, we need turned based combat!

insert fallout reference here.

Hmmm, you think Tynan will make Rimworld turn based now?

carbon

I already play the combat like it's XCOM.

pause-shoot-pause-move-pause-shoot-pause-shoot-pause-...

But I wouldn't recommend converting the base game to turn-based since it would just create a hornets nest of problems and complaints.

Turn-based world map conflicts might be a good way to resolve those sorts of events without having to unload-load-unload-load a bunch of colony maps every time.

mumblemumble

I would not recommend turn based either, but more advanced combat would be awesome, like certain people with slimer profiles being harder to hit, melee having the chance to knock down, stun, or make a weapon drop, ect.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

rodo

Just got here and saw the dev post. Awesome stuff, it's what I was anticipating the most but had the lowest hope of seeing done in the near future.

Great news :D

mumblemumble

I....just noticed..........

If you see the frozen planet image, and the non frozen planet, they look IDENTICAL in land masses.....

Ice age confirmed?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

CodeRen

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 14, 2016, 03:45:28 PM
I....just noticed..........

If you see the frozen planet image, and the non frozen planet, they look IDENTICAL in land masses.....

Ice age confirmed?

I just hope the planets are still randomly generated.

carbon

I noticed that too.

Tynan already mentioned that colony events don't alter the world map, so it's probably just that they are using one prototype world to test the visuals and everything else during development.

Or they just like to play with your emotions.  :D

mumblemumble

Quote from: carbon on November 14, 2016, 04:31:52 PM
I noticed that too.

Tynan already mentioned that colony events don't alter the world map, so it's probably just that they are using one prototype world to test the visuals and everything else during development.

Or they just like to play with your emotions.  :D
It MIIIIIIGHT just be your verbology you used. You said "Events" not "weather".

-----

Alenerel

Okay, this might sound stupid from a real world perspective but... What if its just winter everywhere at same time? It would simplify gameplay and in fact the planet its so small that in 10 days you could do atrip around it if it all was walkable, so making seasons like real life would be at the same level of logic.

Im ok if its my guess, its not something that impacts the gameplay very much.

mumble, are you mehni in reddit?

mumblemumble

Quote from: Alenerel on November 14, 2016, 05:04:42 PM
Okay, this might sound stupid from a real world perspective but... What if its just winter everywhere at same time? It would simplify gameplay and in fact the planet its so small that in 10 days you could do atrip around it if it all was walkable, so making seasons like real life would be at the same level of logic.

Im ok if its my guess, its not something that impacts the gameplay very much.

mumble, are you mehni in reddit?
I can't REALLY comment on the whole winter thing, considering I have a different world view... but hey, I love rimworld so fuck it, just like a play I have a willing suspension of disbelief.

Actually, this could VERY much effect gameplay / trade....think about not being able to grow food, but buying if for cheap down by the warm equator, because they have tons...

And no, I don't use reddit, they use censorship, fuck them.. ...well, most of them anyway.

-----

Alenerel

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 14, 2016, 05:08:38 PM
I can't REALLY comment on the whole winter thing, considering I have a different world view...

What?