[A16] Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes v1.4 & Vanilla Tweaks v1.3 (updated 1/20)

Started by Zhentar, November 05, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes
This mod aims to be the ultimate in "Vanilla Friendly": bug fixes. It fixes some of the bugs I've come across that I've thought were worth the effort to fix (i.e. they were very easy to fix), and the intended behavior is reasonably clear. I am not limiting myself to bugs that harm the player; bugs that benefit the player will be fixed as well, when I can find them.

A16
Download: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarFix/releases/download/v1.4/ZhentarFix.v1.4.zip
v1.4 (1/13)

• Fixes pawn gaydar (gay pawns would strongly prefer to attempt to romance straight pawns rather than other gay pawns)
  • Fixes pawns somewhat undervaluing nutrient paste dispensers (they will be correctly treated as equivalent to nutrient paste meals)
  • Fixes pawns always facing south while doing joy activities
  • Fixes the UI resolution changing on game load when UI scaling is used.
v1.3 (12/22)

• Animal Hauling fix updated A16
  • All other fixes are no longer needed andhave been removed

A15
Download: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarFix/releases/download/v1.2/ZhentarFix.v1.2.zip

License: MIT License
Source: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarFix

Zhentar's Vanilla Tweaks
This mod is a collection of small changes I've made to address things that are bugging me, or to calm my minmax-ing heart when I feel driven by optimality to do something too tedious or unfun. The gameplay impact should generally be fairly small.

Features

• Meal overlay for humanlike and insect meat
  • Pause on yellow envelope events when the Vanilla Pause on urgent letters setting is enabled. This can be disabled in the HugsLib mod settings menu. (HugsLib is optional, not a dependency. Unless you want to disable this.)
  • Distinct color for overhead mountain tiles in the show roof overlay
  • Sun lamp plan designator, with tile fertility display
  • Unlimited colonist and animal areas (identical to Fluffy's Area Unlocker)
  • Deep drills and smoothed stone floors can be designated outside of the construction boundaries, right up to the map edge

A16
Download: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarTweaks/releases/download/v1.3/ZhentarTweaks.v1.3.zip

v1.3 (1/20)

• Added meal overlay for humanlike and insect meat
  • Added pause on yellow envelope events when the Vanilla Pause on urgent letters setting is enabled.

A15
Download: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarTweaks/releases/download/v1.1.1/ZhentarTweaks.v1.1.1.zip

License: MIT License
Source: https://github.com/Zhentar/ZhentarTweaks

Tammabanana

Hunh, I didn't even realize I wasn't getting the ship chunks. Thanks!
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Alenerel

QuotePoorly tended wounds can now form scars

Thats not something we need -.-

Commander Beanbag

How would you reclaim materials from wood, jade etc weapons now?

Zhentar

Commander Beanbag

Being able to smelt crappy bows/clubs/whatever was a good way to automate garbage disposal, even if you didn't get anything back from it. As it is, the mod removes all neolithic weapons from smelting bills.
Another big problem is mod compatibility. Example: Most weapons from Medieval Times that have a large amount of steel and 1 piece of wood in the recipe are completely disallowed from smelting, such as all the swords, which use wood for the hilt. Doesn't make sense.
IMO, the smelting fix as it stands is a bit overreaching for this mod. I think a better way is to remove non-smeltable stuffs from smelt product lists, assuming that is possible.

skullywag

It would require a rework of smeltproducts...totally doable as i did it for reclaim fabric. You could check the costlist of the thing and if it contains metal return an amount of it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Canute

Why you just rename the "smelt weapon" into "recycle weapon".

Yes it don't made logical sence to do this for nonsmeltable weapons on an electrical smelter but you are geting resources out of power and work.
Or at last create a deconst. weapon for nonsmeltable weapon for the stonecutter bench.

Zhentar

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on November 10, 2016, 02:47:17 AM
Being able to smelt crappy bows/clubs/whatever was a good way to automate garbage disposal, even if you didn't get anything back from it. As it is, the mod removes all neolithic weapons from smelting bills.
Another big problem is mod compatibility. Example: Most weapons from Medieval Times that have a large amount of steel and 1 piece of wood in the recipe are completely disallowed from smelting, such as all the swords, which use wood for the hilt. Doesn't make sense.
IMO, the smelting fix as it stands is a bit overreaching for this mod. I think a better way is to remove non-smeltable stuffs from smelt product lists, assuming that is possible.

Neolithic weapons made from smeltable stuff are still smeltable. My fix to allow smelting "guns" was to check to see if the first thing in the costList is smeltable, which is likely to work for those mod weapons .

That said, I do agree that this fix has some unintended consequences, so I'll probably remove it from the next version.

Quote from: Canute on November 10, 2016, 05:06:01 AM
Why you just rename the "smelt weapon" into "recycle weapon".

Because that's not what the bug is!

The code, very simplified, goes something like this:
If  ThingIsWeapon And ThingIsNotSmeltable Then DontSmeltThing
Else SmeltThing

You're allowed to smelt things like jade clubs and bows in Vanilla not because they are smeltable, but because they aren't weapons - they're "WeaponsRanged" or "WeaponsMelee".

jmababa

why not use medieval mod has all this + best wood fence + tribe food + reclaim fabric + can smelt mod weapons too. and he must've gotten smelt weapon from medieval mod literally it's smelt there cause your crafter there is your blacksmith. Also Commander it's possible its already done by medieval times you can't smelt non smeltable weapons

Tammabanana

Quote from: jmababa on November 10, 2016, 09:57:02 AM
why not use medieval mod...

Not everybody wants all the extra stuff. The point to using mods is that you get to customize your gameplay by picking and choosing which functions you want to add/change/remove. Adding a lot of extra stuff that the player doesn't want makes it harder to find the stuff they do want.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

Dingo

Take it from them Nexus folk - call it "Unofficial RimWorld Patch".

Alenerel

Can you remove or make an option to turn off the scars thing to please people like me?

Alenerel

Sorry for asking so much but could you upload your mods to the workshop?