[A15] Assorted Leather Scraps (v1.1)

Started by lf, November 17, 2016, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lf

Assorted Leather Scraps

Combine the various leather pieces in small quantities you have lying around, so you can make something out of them.

Description

The leathers and skins of various animals tend to accumulate in stockpiles. However, it takes a while for there to be a sufficient amount of any particular leather to be able to craft something out of it. This mod allows you to craft leather scraps out of those pieces (25 to 10). For all intents and purposes, the scraps are akin to pigskin.

There is another similar mod called Unified Leathers. However, it introduces additional complexity. I wanted to keep this as simple as possible.

Versions

1.1 Disallow making leather scraps out of leather scraps.
1.0 Initial release.

Download

Get it from tinyupload.com or install via the steam workshop.

License

WTFPL. Modify to your heart's content. No credit required.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

skullywag

look up excepted things in filters to remove leather scraps from the selection screen.

heres a hint:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27056.msg274061#msg274061
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

lf

123nick

whats wrong with making leather scraps out of leather scraps? allows you to recombine 20 leather scraps plus 5 random animal leather together to get another 25 leather scraps, no? sure, it should be disabled by default in the bill, but still available there as an option if needed.

also, another small suggestion, but leather scraps should have a poor beauty- i mean, i imagine that a armchair made out of the random skins of random animals like a really wierd multi color chair wouldn't be too pretty.

lf

Quote from: 123nick on November 17, 2016, 04:11:43 PM
whats wrong with making leather scraps out of leather scraps? allows you to recombine 20 leather scraps plus 5 random animal leather together to get another 25 leather scraps, no? sure, it should be disabled by default in the bill, but still available there as an option if needed.

The way I imagine it, the pawn just cuts out square pieces out of the hides and skins. That's why there's some waste (25 leathers make 10 scraps). Recombining them, or making scraps out of scraps doesn't make sense in this context.

also, another small suggestion, but leather scraps should have a poor beauty- i mean, i imagine that a armchair made out of the random skins of random animals like a really wierd multi color chair wouldn't be too pretty.

Good idea! Will add that this week-end.

mabor0shi

Great idea, whether it was yours or someone else's. Here's a tip you probably don't need: if you're going to lower the beauty modifier, you might want to raise the product amount (or do something else) to maintain balance. A lower beauty modifier is more realistic, but you don't want to nerf your item so much that people decide it's not worthwhile.
I'm pissed off I didn't think of this mod myself. It's an elegantly simple solution to a common problem :)
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Rock5

I don't see why you would have to loose so much leather. If you are cutting out squares there might be a bit of waste around the edges, maybe 10% no more than 20% surely. Only being able to use 40% seems ridiculous. I would think that would put anyone off ever using it. At 10-20% it becomes a more reasonable choice; "do I merge and loose 10% so I can use the leather now or do I wait until I have 25 to maximize leather usage?"
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

mabor0shi

Quote from: Rock5 on November 25, 2016, 01:01:15 AM
I don't see why you would have to loose so much leather. If you are cutting out squares there might be a bit of waste around the edges, maybe 10% no more than 20% surely. Only being able to use 40% seems ridiculous. I would think that would put anyone off ever using it. At 10-20% it becomes a more reasonable choice; "do I merge and loose 10% so I can use the leather now or do I wait until I have 25 to maximize leather usage?"
edit- read this in the voice of Samuel L. Jackson: You see? That is what greed can do to a man, If. You take a long, hard look at Rock5. A good man reduced to posting on a forum, because of his lust for Leathery Stuff. Folks change when they get a lot of leather in their stockpile. Some people say it is the root of all evil. You look at Rock5 and tell me those people are wrong.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

jmababa

Quote from: lf on November 17, 2016, 04:19:44 PM

The way I imagine it, the pawn just cuts out square pieces out of the hides and skins. That's why there's some waste (25 leathers make 10 scraps). Recombining them, or making scraps out of scraps doesn't make sense in this context.

Good idea! Will add that this week-end.

Will download this after you add nega beauty it's too OP right now