Latest update ffor A16!!!!!!!

Started by wafflep90, December 01, 2016, 10:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Dawg_27

Thyme

Quote from: vampiresoap on December 02, 2016, 01:43:01 AM
Wait, where's this official announcement? Please post a link, thanks! ;)

The OP has the pic Tynan posted on the Ludeon hp.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Lightzy

mumblemumble

The pods idea gives me an EVIL idea.... what if you can load up animals high on coke (er, yayo) and maybe gas the pod with something to make the animals berserk, them shoot them through the roof of an enemy base? This would be hilarious, shoot a couple dozen boom-rats into the base of someone...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Lightzy

I'm not sure those pods are meant for launching though.
For some reason it doesn't make sense to me in the context of the game.
Why add caravans and make such a big deal out of them (and they ARE fucking cool), if you can do fucking drop-pod assault.

I'm not sure what the use of the drop pods is but I do hope it's not that.
Maybe it's for containing stuff that goes with your caravan? I dunno.

Would totally take the novelty and coolness out of the caravan concept if you could ignore it completely and just shoot stuff wherever

Doc Savage NDMF

Quote from: mumblemumble on December 02, 2016, 02:34:08 AM
The pods idea gives me an EVIL idea.... what if you can load up animals high on coke (er, yayo) and maybe gas the pod with something to make the animals berserk, them shoot them through the roof of an enemy base? This would be hilarious, shoot a couple dozen boom-rats into the base of someone...

"So what exactly did we do all this research and construction for..? I thought we were going home..."

"And we will... Right after we send those pirate mother fill in the blanks a truly spectacular thanks for all the memories gift. Make sure you get everyone to sign the card. And tape it to one of the boomalopes really good so they see it before the fireworks start. It truly sucks to get such a nice present and not know who it's from..."

It's not evil if it's 100% totally justified, is it..?  ;D
_

mumblemumble

By the way, I expect the economy will change drastically in game...I think that pod cost will be pretty pricey, but space trading will be far more variety and such. better quality, higher inventory, more options.

I can see it where trading on the planet is akin to grocery store shopping, where as space trading is akin to international shipping / costs for that....doable, but much more expensive, and a bit more involved.

I for one approve this.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Spdskatr

Quote from: Tynan on November 07, 2016, 03:49:27 PM
There will be a solution.

The same solution pirates use already!
OH thats what he meant. It makes a lot of sense now. I stupid
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Blastoderm

I envision whole new universe of slave trade and ransom mechanics!
1. Shove a prisoner in the pod, send them back to settlement, get back your pod with ransom.
2. Buy back your captured pawns.
3. Send crashed spacers to settlements and get back their gratitude.

Listen1

RadaRadaRada

An in-game event announcement in the picture.

Daman453

The pods are to send people and items to other colony's you have, at least that's what I think
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

carbon

Since the OP is only a blurry thumbnail, here's the full resolution version for those of us who don't normally go to the homepage.

(click for full size)

-----

EDIT: I like how this colony only has fuel, kibble and yayo. They know what's important in life.

Also, a couple things to note:
1) The bottom menu bar hasn't been altered from previous versions, suggesting the globe map is indeed mostly a graphical upgrade of the existing world map (occupying the same tab).

2) If there's formal fuel, then keeping things running with twigs might be a thing of the past.

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: Lightzy on December 02, 2016, 02:44:30 AM
Why add caravans and make such a big deal out of them (and they ARE fucking cool), if you can do fucking drop-pod assault.

Would totally take the novelty and coolness out of the caravan concept if you could ignore it completely and just shoot stuff wherever

Nah, it makes sense. The caravan pictures we saw have some significant travel time, and have to be supplied (Food) for said travel as well. Potentially at risk of ambush as well. Drop pods would very likely be expensive, requires this fuel resource, and preparation in advance, and in return offer that rapid speed action. Ground Caravans likely also would have SIGNIFICANTLY higher carry capacity.

Its a trade off, speed or resources, and I think it'll work quite well.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Profugo Barbatus on December 02, 2016, 07:50:29 AM
Quote from: Lightzy on December 02, 2016, 02:44:30 AM

Nah, it makes sense. The caravan pictures we saw have some significant travel time, and have to be supplied (Food) for said travel as well. Potentially at risk of ambush as well. Drop pods would very likely be expensive, requires this fuel resource, and preparation in advance, and in return offer that rapid speed action. Ground Caravans likely also would have SIGNIFICANTLY higher carry capacity.

Its a trade off, speed or resources, and I think it'll work quite well.

BINGO!