[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajberhippien

Quote from: Rah on April 14, 2018, 05:17:17 PM
Quote from: sajberhippien on April 14, 2018, 04:49:06 PM
No, it retained Bad Back while having a Bionic Spine. My guess is it has to do with Bad Back being located in the torso, while the spine is in the spine location.

This mod correctly moves the bad back condition to the spine, so you must have another mod that reverses that change. Do you have other surgery / body related mods?

Ah, might it be then because I added the mod to an existing save? It's possible I already had that pawn when adding (it's my 6th so quite early), and she came with a bad back.

Canute

Quote from: Rah on April 14, 2018, 08:21:24 PM
I'll probably change it to slash for the next update, it does make more sense to me as well.
Since the current work process
Scythe blade -> Power Claw -> Power Arm
It would be more sense yes. :-)
And maybe since the original scythe blade is a 3 bladed thing, it is possible to made 3 smaller cut's then one big one (more bleeding/pain damage).

But blunt damage isn't that bad either, maybe create a new Sledgehammer arm or military/police bionic arm with increased blunt damage like the current power arms.

Ser Kitteh

I too am favour of a blunt power fist-like arm. I don't know that would be implemented though. Perhaps a "power arm - claws" and a "power arm - fist" variant? Because I much prefer it when Adam Jensen socks a dude in the jaw throwing him 10 feet backwards than he is slicing people in half.

Though would that require some sort rare item like sycther blades. I've no idea, just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Ser Kitteh

Rah

@sajberhippien, Yeah, that's probably quite likely. What you can do is remove the hediff with the dev mode, and then add the bad back condition back to the spine manually.

sajberhippien

Actually I just ended up removing bad back from the save file. As long as she doesn't regain it or something it shouldn't make a practical difference. Not like I can remove the spine anyways!

Rah

If she regains it or a new colonist enters with bad back, it should then be correctly placed in the spine. Enjoy !

ptx

I think this mod should have more bionic implant.
Neural interface implant planted at the neck, or head if the spot is available.
If the implant is installed, your Hardcore Armors would function way more efficiently since it becomes the pawn's own body.
IRL, there will be Neuralink's implant. That would make the implant a common item in the year 5500.
...and where's the Hardcore Armors CE patch?

Rah

Quote from: ptx on April 17, 2018, 09:40:11 PM
I think this mod should have more bionic implant.
Neural interface implant planted at the neck, or head if the spot is available.
If the implant is installed, your Hardcore Armors would function way more efficiently since it becomes the pawn's own body.
IRL, there will be Neuralink's implant. That would make the implant a common item in the year 5500.
...and where's the Hardcore Armors CE patch?

I think more bionic implants would just make it very OP. I feel like there's a sufficient amount of enhancements available atm. With regards to the Hardcore Armors CE patch; I haven't had time to look into that yet unfortunately. I'd suggest asking the CE people if they're willing to make one.

Gaberlunzie

Is the Advanced Power Arm intended to have 80% efficiency? Its description made me think it was gonna be at least as good as a regular arm, likely better.

Rah

@Gaberlunzie, that's intended yes. The power arms are supposed to be a bit clunky when it comes to regular daily activities, but they excel in combat. The advanced power arms will net a lvl 15 brawler a whopping 25 dps.

bartekkru100

Hey, for some reason I can't install a synthetic lung on my asthmatic colonist. Any ideas why it is that way?

Canute

Did you researched these tech or did you just bough a synthetic lung from a trader ?
You only can install it when you researched the tech before.