[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartekkru100

Quote from: Canute on May 20, 2018, 04:54:23 AM
Did you researched these tech or did you just bough a synthetic lung from a trader ?
You only can install it when you researched the tech before.
I bought it. Do I need to research synthetic organs tech or some previously researched is enough?

Canute

You need to be able to produce them self to be able to install them.
So you need to research Synthtic organs.

Rah

1.83 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Advanced bionic eyes added back in.
* Advanced bionic item boxes are now dark purple.
* Russian translation added !

Shooting accuracy is capped to 100% in vanilla, but Sight is actually still used up to 200% with something called 'hit chance per tile', which is shooting distance, so all bionic eyes have an effect on shooting after all. A bit surprising, but that's how it works. The advanced bionic eyes have therefore been added back in. Thanks to Kai_Uttar for the report. Enjoy !

edit: added Russian translation. Thanks to translator Well !

Ruptga

Feature request: allow advanced bionics to feel pain.  Someone that likes the current functionality and wants their heavily modded pawns to feel nothing can go one little step further and install a painstopper too, but with pain we'd be a little less likely to lose our most expensive assets since they'll go down in pain shock instead of staying in a fight too long.  Plus, I think it makes sense in-universe. 

Canute

Do you realy think it made sense ?
At the Advance bionic research they should made so much progress at the nerv-coppling that the subject not only get access to the faster/stronger limbs/organ's it should eliminate the nerv-feedback that cause the pain too.

No military would buy/install these on their super-soldiers if they are wimp's after all.

But i agree some drawback would be ok, like since some increased hungerrate, since the bionic's need more energy, and it is geting it from the user.

Ruptga

They're not mechanoids though, they're people and people usually like being able to feel their limbs.

:shrug:

Ixenzo

Combat Extended: a pawn with both advanced arms seems to only hit with their head. DPS looks consistent with the value in the info tab. Is there a patch I'm missing or is it fine?

https://i.imgur.com/gVuUJx7.png

SetArk

Quick question.. I may have missed something.
I know that there are Scar recovery system.
But, what about Brain Scars? Only with brain implants?

ultra4

i mean no offense to the modder, and i love this mod, but for scars (i don't even do the research), i use another mod, just because it's so cool, it's the dermal regenerator, cures all scars in a process that takes almost 1 full day (spends no meds and no doctor needed), but it just looks cool, and does the job in a fun way.

may not be the answer you wanted, but i just think the game should have both mods

Ser Kitteh

With the addition of bionics in 1.0, what will happen to this mod or adjustments done to make it stand out?

ultra4

Hey Rah, have any plans for the 1.0 of this mod? Have ideas on adjustments, working on anything?

Rah

@SetArk, brain scars can only be "fixed" with implants, such as the neurostimulator.
@Ser Kitteh, ultra4, Yeah, I have some ideas. 1.0 took me a bit off guard though. Tynan basically just copied a lot of EPOE/RBSE into the main game, which is fine I guess, but it would've been nice if he could at least give some credit to the modders for their ideas and time spent making these mods. But I'm sure I'll figure something out that'll make it stand out a little.

Syrchalis

Quote from: Rah on July 12, 2018, 01:30:42 PM
1.0 took me a bit off guard though. Tynan basically just copied a lot of EPOE/RBSE into the main game
Well, that is kind of a great compliment, if a dev implements part or most of your mod into their game.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

Ruisuki

You can do it Rah. maybe add the rehabilitation idea I mentioned ;)

Rah

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 13, 2018, 02:44:23 PM
You can do it Rah. maybe add the rehabilitation idea I mentioned ;)

That is probably beyond what this mod was meant to be, but I might add something within that area of thought. ;) Also, RBSE will most likely be ready for the 1.0 release, so stay tuned.