[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

I actually think it's the Uploaders Fault :)

Please don't use spammy, advertising covered, crap piles of hosters.

When even steam seems to be the better alternative, there has to be something wrong.

And there are enough free hosters around from which a user can download without getting punished by steaming piles of advertisement.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

Quote from: SpaceDorf on April 28, 2017, 01:36:56 PM
When even steam seems to be the better alternative, there has to be something wrong.

You know Bethesda is the one who did the paid mods not valve right lol? Still, I have to agree. I prefer non-steam (just easier to handle and feels better if it goes down I don't lose my mod/save game)

Rah Is your dropbox full? If not it makes for a good uploading choice.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Rah

Quote from: Dragoon on April 28, 2017, 04:04:36 PM

You know Bethesda is the one who did the paid mods not valve right lol? Still, I have to agree. I prefer non-steam (just easier to handle and feels better if it goes down I don't lose my mod/save game)

Rah Is your dropbox full? If not it makes for a good uploading choice.

I usually don't have any problems with Mediafire, but I know that it can be problematic and annoying for some people. Dropbox is better in many ways, but unfortunately it doesn't have a download tracker, which is a great feature/tool to have for uploaders. However, if people continue to have problems with mediafire I'll consider switching.

WinterFlare

I haven't used it recently, but in the past Mediafire has done some pretty nasty stuff IMO. I've had a 50/50 chance to get a popup to very sketchy websites (including those fake antivirus / "You have a virus, don't close the page!" sites) when I had adblock plus installed. This was more than a year ago, but it made me very wary of them ever since.

I just tried it 6 times with uBlock Origin (refreshing the page in-between attempts) and I haven't had anything odd happen.

Rah

Just use an adblocker like Ghostery and / or Adblockplus, and you will get the Mediafire download link up instantly. Works great with firefox. Even if you don't use any adblocker I think most of what pops up is, albeit annoying, pretty harmless, at least from what I've seen recently.

Fransalvo

I actually think it's the Uploaders Fault :)

Please don't use spammy, advertising covered, crap piles of hosters.

And there are enough free hosters around from which a user can download without getting punished by steaming piles of advertisement.
i understand that this is an advice from another user who's active in giving feedback, and a honest person too, i assume.
but, with all respect, i do believe that's uploader and/or mod creator privilege to use whatever ways for us to download his mod from.
and i do believe we must respect his choice, no matter how "bad/good" it is.
Keep up the good work, Rah. this mod is amazing. ;D

Dragoon

Quote from: Fransalvo on May 01, 2017, 12:48:12 AM
but, with all respect, i do believe that's uploader and/or mod creator privilege to use whatever ways for us to download his mod from.
and i do believe we must respect his choice, no matter how "bad/good" it is.

True. However, if you use a website that can cause viruses(pop-ups are notorious for that stuff), is that really fair?

However, I really have only 1 question. Why are you defending this? I mean no one is hating or "disrespecting" the choice. We simply stating the issues that we are having with it. It really has nothing to do with respect. Other than of course being respectful in how we say it.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

hal98

ive used mediafire for awhile and i havent had any problems with it. if you are scared of ads you should use adblocker like any smart internet person does. last time I checked EPOE also uses Mediafire.

Nyr

would you consider adding in an advanced bionic jar? talking influences recruting,taming and trading after all...

RxSniper007

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 28, 2017, 06:52:42 AM
Quote from: BlackViperMWG on April 28, 2017, 05:57:14 AM
Can someone please upload that A Dog Said patch to another site? MediaFire is behaving very buggy to me and it's not downloading.

Here. It's the steam version put into .rar form.

hello, do you mind attaching/ or reuploading the main RBSE Hardcore Edition - 1.62 mod too?

for some reason mediafire is also bugging out on me... weird... :D

Canute

Instead to bug other, why you don't try another browser or a download tool ?

Rah

Quote from: Nyr on May 02, 2017, 03:35:33 PM
would you consider adding in an advanced bionic jar? talking influences recruting,taming and trading after all...
hi Nyr, the bionic jaw gives 20% to eating and 10% to talking. Any more than that I feel would be pushing it, in terms of realism. That would have to be one smooth talking jaw !

Quotehello, do you mind attaching/ or reuploading the main RBSE Hardcore Edition - 1.62 mod too?

hi rxsniper, have you tried downloading using firefox, preferably with an adblocker like Ghostery? It should give you an instant download window.

RxSniper007

Quote from: Rah on May 05, 2017, 01:08:49 AM

Quotehello, do you mind attaching/ or reuploading the main RBSE Hardcore Edition - 1.62 mod too?

hi rxsniper, have you tried downloading using firefox, preferably with an adblocker like Ghostery? It should give you an instant download window.

hmmm sorry for replying late but thanks anyway :P
jumped through a few hoops so that i could finally download this mod :P
and as far as i can say... its worth it XD :3

anyway, i have a question @rah...
since this mod is meant to be a (balanced) replacement for EPOE,
does any other mod which says that it is *compatible* with EPOE means that it's compatible ALSO with RBSE by default?
(since RBSE is *sort* of like a github branch of EPOE) if my understandin is correct XD ^_^ :D

thanks again for this mod...

Rah

RBSE is compatible with most mods, but some surgeries might not work on alien races, unless you have a RBSE patch. Most of the popular ones have corresponding patches though, so they work fine.