[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

Is there a prerequisite for some surgeries? I have 2 lungs on ice and a medical bed with a scanner, and there is no bill to install a lung on a colonist with asthma.

I can install external things (hook hands and peg legs) which is why I'm wondering if there's something I need to be able to install an internal organ.

I perused the thread and don't see any mention but I'll fully accept that I may have missed it.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Canute

So far i remember you allways need to research things before you can install them.
Hooked hands and peg legs are exceptions, but if you bought a bionic part and didn't got the bionic research finished yet, you can't install them.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2019, 03:21:54 AM
So far i remember you allways need to research things before you can install them.
Hooked hands and peg legs are exceptions, but if you bought a bionic part and didn't got the bionic research finished yet, you can't install them.

That's fair but they're just regular human lungs. I took them from some gracious raiders before releasing them.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

Canute

I am pretty sure a research is needed.
Unless you are playing permadeath, just enable dev. mode and instant finish some researches from the RBSE research tab.
After you found the nessesary research you can disable the dev. mode and reload the safegame.
And don't forget to put the lung into the a freezer, this mod let natural organs rot if i remember right.
Ok, like i though you need the research "Organ transplantation" to install natural (and maybe others) organs.

You can harvest all organs without research.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Canute on November 08, 2019, 06:35:09 AM
Ok, like i though you need the research "Organ transplantation" to install natural (and maybe others) organs.

Yikes well I feel dumb. My only defense is that I have a mod installed that reorders the tech tree so there are no tabs and it's in with all the other tech. But I found it now and am researching it. No need for dev mode, I'm pretty sure that's all it is.

Thanks!

Schwartz

Vanilla bionics as well as RBSE currently work like this:

A natural arm fills the slot for the arm, for the hand, for the 5 fingers.
A bionic arm fills the slot for the arm, but leaves hand & finger slots empty (destroyed). This makes no sense.

This leads to the problem that a gun shot cannot target hands & fingers anymore, and therefore bionic soldiers have a higher incidence of losing whole limbs. Someone made a trial run where natural soldiers got more damaged bodyparts and missing fingers, while bionic soldiers lost their bionic arms / legs more often.

We could call this a tradeoff, but it doesn't really make sense. What I would love to see would be bionic limbs to include bionic hands/feet/fingers/toes. When you lose bionic fingers or toes, they can be replaced with some plasteel, like RBSE offers replacing natural digits with medicine. You could have a bionic arm but have your bionic hand shot off, requiring you to replace the hand even though you've got the arm.

This would require some rebalancing, as having both arm & hand or leg & foot would give too many bonuses.

Anyway, food for thought and obviously not a trivial change.

Rah

hotfix to a couple of market values + cost for bionic leg/arm in hardcore ed

@Schwartz, that's probably a bit much to code for a modder, but try posting it in the suggestions or bug forum. Maybe they will take a look at it.

Think3r

Quote from: Schwartz on November 21, 2019, 04:58:30 PM
Vanilla bionics as well as RBSE currently work like this:

A natural arm fills the slot for the arm, for the hand, for the 5 fingers.
A bionic arm fills the slot for the arm, but leaves hand & finger slots empty (destroyed). This makes no sense.

This leads to the problem that a gun shot cannot target hands & fingers anymore, and therefore bionic soldiers have a higher incidence of losing whole limbs. Someone made a trial run where natural soldiers got more damaged bodyparts and missing fingers, while bionic soldiers lost their bionic arms / legs more often.

We could call this a tradeoff, but it doesn't really make sense. What I would love to see would be bionic limbs to include bionic hands/feet/fingers/toes. When you lose bionic fingers or toes, they can be replaced with some plasteel, like RBSE offers replacing natural digits with medicine. You could have a bionic arm but have your bionic hand shot off, requiring you to replace the hand even though you've got the arm.

This would require some rebalancing, as having both arm & hand or leg & foot would give too many bonuses.

Anyway, food for thought and obviously not a trivial change.
Isn't that the whole purpose of Medical System Expansion?

Rah

2.3 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

* Neurostimulator buff; now no longer gives mental breaks.
* Joywire and Painstopper are now cheaper to make.

Think3r

Just a quick question: when a warg loses a paw, can I only recover it using power claws? Legs and arms don't seem to do the trick, right? Thanks in advance!

Vlad0mi3r

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Think3r

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on December 14, 2019, 08:35:00 PM
You may want to look at the mod "A Dog Said"
Hi, I'm actually using this one all the time. But legs are not paws and arms didn't replace paws, lately. Any confirmation on the latter one?

Canute

Warg's are vanilla animals (so far i remember) so "A dog said" should cover all their legs.
Does you made the right size for them. Maybe spawn a few different protethics just to test it out.

If nothing works it might be a mod conflct, try to move A dog said and releated mods to the end of the modlist.
If that still don't work, try to check if the mod works at last without all other mods (hugslib (to create fast test colonies) + A dog said), create a fast test colony, spawn a warg, tame it, spawn protethics (don't forget to finish the right researches) and try to install them).