[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Does this mod still include forced incompatibility?

GrimTrigger

It appears that parents insist on putting the babies in the hospital beds instead of cribs... anyone else notice this behavior and/or know how to resolve it?  I've been turning all hospital beds into regular beds, making the crib a medical bed, "rescuing" the baby and then turning the crib back into a regular bed and re-assigning to the baby.  Its a hassle.

Edit:  also... noticed my new mother runs around breastfeeding everyone.

Radium_Bullet

Is there a chance for instant death on childbirth?
Got a bleeding 900%/day pregnancy tear, but fortunately 3 feet from my medicine cabinet, but a a bit worried for my favorite builder.

Edixo

I can't find the Writing Desk workstation anywhere in my menu. Is this a known bug or has it been replaced with something?

Currently have children aged 9, but all their skills are disabled.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm retarded. They hit 13 and skills unlocked. Yay for growth pills.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Feindflug

Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 02, 2018, 01:10:22 PM
It appears that parents insist on putting the babies in the hospital beds instead of cribs... anyone else notice this behavior and/or know how to resolve it?  I've been turning all hospital beds into regular beds, making the crib a medical bed, "rescuing" the baby and then turning the crib back into a regular bed and re-assigning to the baby.  Its a hassle.

Edit:  also... noticed my new mother runs around breastfeeding everyone.

I have seen the same behaviour in my ongiong savegame (both issues). The brestfeeding everyone bug is maybe a feature cause it saves meals xD

TaurusII

I've identified another (presumably temporary) fix for the 10 ticks issue: disable, then re-enable the Childcare work type for the affected pawn. Edit: Nevermind, it appears to have been a fluke the first time.

Sinclair200

Love it! finally made a new colony without birds and bees mod!
And here we have it! Baby Jarvis is born healthy as a cucumber with his mom still recovering from birth!
Lovely mod, really made it for me! been waiting on a baby for ever and finally got it without using Dev mod!

LLoki

They won't do any lovin :( Am I doing something wrong? I turned off Birds'n'Bees for this playthough - do they have genitals now? :D Any tips?

Sinclair200

How old are your colonist? sometimes, the older they are for me, the less they will have sex or if they have been in a relationship for long, less lovin too.
Go on Dev Mod and try adding 2 young colonist in a lover relationship and see if they do any lovin to check.

NagashUD

@Thirite

Hi there, just wanted to report some bugs i encountered :
- Giving birth after colonised a new area (after a caravan travel), no baby came, just got the text 'recovering from birth' on health panel.
- Childcare is buggy as well, when activated priority colonist stand next to the baby 'waiting doing nothing'
- Impossible to give birth with no childcare activated (happened once)
After those bugs i removed the mod that broke my game (avatars and colonist missing)

Hope that can be fixed . Thanks again for the mod, amazing !

Anatares

Hey everyone! I think I figured out one reason why BntB breaks the mod: It changes the Lovin' action.

I had it enabled when I started my world with the latest version of Children and Pregnancy, and while the woman is in her 30's (so a 50% chance), after many months the lovin' action didn't yield a pregnancy. But I checked the Needs panel and the text for Lovin' is different. With Bntb, it has "Had lovin'" or "Had amazing lovin'" with new flavour text. Last night I read the new posts on this thread and realized that BntB was interfering, so I disabled it and tried playing the same world. Well, that's created a ton of errors in the log due to missing parts, but my colonist is now pregnant after a couple tries, and the action under Needs is back to the vanilla "Got some lovin'".

I don't know the specifics of what BntB changes about the lovin' action (besides some text), but the different text was what I noticed was different before when I had the BntB mod and after I disabled it. So, I think that it must do something to that action, or maybe it breaks your pointer in your code. Sorry I don't have more details! Just a place to start looking (if you were interested in keeping the mod compatible with BntB anyways).

Also, Thirite - I was looking at the Csharp scripts in the mod folder last night trying to figure this out, and colour me impressed D: I don't know much C, but just by reading your comments I know you have a LOT going on in there! I recently tried the new Children mod on Steam and it doesn't even compare - the baby was born an adult that looked nothing like either parent, and even had a drug addiction fresh from the womb XD But you've got modifiers to try and give the kid the same body type as the parents, you pull the dad's history to add to the pool of potential traits and skills, and you have about a dozen different things that can happen on birth. I even saw notes on a pregnancy body type and something about the placenta :O The Children mod wasn't NEARLY as well thought-out, clearly, and as soon as I realized it wasn't I immediately switched back to Children and Pregnancy. I just wanted to thank you again for your amazing work on making this mod realistic and well-balanced. Other mods just can't compare.

PhantomFav

Hey Thirite, maybe I have just, accidentally, resolved your problem with the pants :)

There is an old and little known mod (but available on A18) called Visible Pants:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32474.0

Here the results:

The pants are bugged if they are of the same type of the child, but with the other types (devilstrand, cloth etc...) they are pretty normal :)

Therefore the problem is much more complex than how I have just explained (because of other bugs or conflict with other mods).

EDIT
Ok, the forementioned "more complex" is just disappeared with the first loading of the game.
Only the same-type-pant-problem remain:

(Upper image: all pants are different. Downer image: iguana pants for the child and Le. Dog's photobomb isn't my fault, duh!)

GrimTrigger

Please... please provide an option to turn off the baby cry or make them stop crying when they stand upright...  They cry so often.

Sinclair200

Quote from: Anatares on January 11, 2018, 10:58:37 AM
Hey everyone! I think I figured out one reason why BntB breaks the mod: It changes the Lovin' action.

I had it enabled when I started my world with the latest version of Children and Pregnancy, and while the woman is in her 30's (so a 50% chance), after many months the lovin' action didn't yield a pregnancy. But I checked the Needs panel and the text for Lovin' is different. With Bntb, it has "Had lovin'" or "Had amazing lovin'" with new flavour text. Last night I read the new posts on this thread and realized that BntB was interfering, so I disabled it and tried playing the same world. Well, that's created a ton of errors in the log due to missing parts, but my colonist is now pregnant after a couple tries, and the action under Needs is back to the vanilla "Got some lovin'".

I don't know the specifics of what BntB changes about the lovin' action (besides some text), but the different text was what I noticed was different before when I had the BntB mod and after I disabled it. So, I think that it must do something to that action, or maybe it breaks your pointer in your code. Sorry I don't have more details! Just a place to start looking (if you were interested in keeping the mod compatible with BntB anyways).

Also, Thirite - I was looking at the Csharp scripts in the mod folder last night trying to figure this out, and colour me impressed D: I don't know much C, but just by reading your comments I know you have a LOT going on in there! I recently tried the new Children mod on Steam and it doesn't even compare - the baby was born an adult that looked nothing like either parent, and even had a drug addiction fresh from the womb XD But you've got modifiers to try and give the kid the same body type as the parents, you pull the dad's history to add to the pool of potential traits and skills, and you have about a dozen different things that can happen on birth. I even saw notes on a pregnancy body type and something about the placenta :O The Children mod wasn't NEARLY as well thought-out, clearly, and as soon as I realized it wasn't I immediately switched back to Children and Pregnancy. I just wanted to thank you again for your amazing work on making this mod realistic and well-balanced. Other mods just can't compare.

I have discovered the same, talked to Fluffy or whoever the modder is or BnB and he told me it worked, so i continued playing no pregnancy. Remove the mod and perfect, Thirite said he has not yet checked nor have it compatible. Bummer but this one is way more worth it.
You also talked of the other children mod on steam (which has a good mod option selection), they both work together and children and pregnancy takes over on the baby and not adult coming up.

@Thirite I have recently discovered that when a colonist is assigned as a warden and she is lactating due to have a baby, she also goes and breastfeed each and every prisoners. Funny and food saving but a bit weird. Thanks again

red3dred

So, i'm having a few issues... "Determine pregnancy" operation is not available on alien races, and inter-racial (Human-Orassan couple) couples don't seem to work too. Is this mod currently human-only, or am i running into some patch-intersection incompatibility?