[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chezzprinn

Any chance you could look into a potential compatibility patch for EHBS? Tbh, I'm only going on the word of the mod author for it who says it's incompatible, as I haven't actually encountered anything bad besides stuttering when pawns are active (don't know if that's the fault of C and P, though).

Kori

Anyone who wants to stop pirates from bringing children to the battlefield, open the Human.xml in the Patches folder and add

<!-- No children for pirates -->

<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
<success>Always</success>
<operations>
<li Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>Defs/PawnKindDef[@Name="MercenaryBase" or @Name="PirateBase"]</xpath>
<value>
<minGenerationAge>13</minGenerationAge>
</value>
</li>
</operations>
</Operation>

Hostile tribal factions still have children, there is no lore-friendly explanation for changing this.

Thirite

Kori

icedragon613

Quote from: Thirite on January 31, 2019, 05:57:32 PM
@icedragon613
Kori and I were chatting about this-- I'm planning to make a "disable pregnancy" option for compatibility reasons. Though if you just don't want married couples to have kids you should either just use contraceptives or sterilize one of them, rather than relying on mod options as a game mechanic.

Great, thanks! That would be really helpful.

Thirite

New version available: v0.5a
Changelog:
- Added Mod Option to disable pregnancy altogether
- Added "take to crib" job for Childcare workers
- Changed "Feed baby" job to be exclusively breastfeeding; normal feeding is its own job in vanilla
- Fixed breastfeeding bug where babies would need to be "rescued" after breastfeeding
- Reduced "CanBreastfeed" method to only check if pawn is lactating
- Added Kori's patch to stop pirates from spawning with children
- Minor fixes to baby clothes' English title and descriptions

Link is in the OP.

icedragon613

Quote from: Thirite on February 02, 2019, 06:00:05 PM
New version available: v0.5a
Changelog:
- Added Mod Option to disable pregnancy altogether
- Added "take to crib" job for Childcare workers
- Changed "Feed baby" job to be exclusively breastfeeding; normal feeding is its own job in vanilla
- Fixed breastfeeding bug where babies would need to be "rescued" after breastfeeding
- Reduced "CanBreastfeed" method to only check if pawn is lactating
- Added Kori's patch to stop pirates from spawning with children
- Minor fixes to baby clothes' English title and descriptions

Link is in the OP.

Thanks Thirite! Much appreciated as always. What will happen if impregnation has succeeded but I decide to enable "disable pregnancy"? Does the chance go back to zero or does gestation continue where it left off?

Thirite

Disable Pregnancy for now only disables conception chance. I could certainly make it remove any existing CnP pregnancies, though.

icedragon613

Quote from: Thirite on February 03, 2019, 11:24:23 PM
Disable Pregnancy for now only disables conception chance. I could certainly make it remove any existing CnP pregnancies, though.

Gotcha thanks. Was wondering if it paused any in progress pregnancies but it's good to know. Maybe it would be good to have disable pregnancy pause pregnancy instead as there are already drugs to terminate any pregnancies or prevent conception.

Cheran II

Thanks for the credit Thirite, but all I did was letting Visual Studios assemble a new dll and gave some functions directions what do to when failing  --> public override bool TryMakePreToilReservations(bool errorOnFailed)<-- that was all.
I really had to laugh when I read the "fixed many bugs".  ;D

And I wanted to thank you for your great mod. It's the thing that makes a great game to an excellent one. Now my pawns have a real goal to keep a colony alive and running instead of just a temporary stop towards the end.

Chezzprinn

Hey, getting the following error when pawns are going to play with a baby.

Any idea what's causing it?

Logs here: https://git.io/fhHZN

Kori

Quote from: Chezzprinn on February 08, 2019, 05:45:02 AM
Hey, getting the following error when pawns are going to play with a baby.

Any idea what's causing it?

Logs here: https://git.io/fhHZN

I got the same errors, it is caused by the empty textures in the Textures\Things\Pawn\Humanlike folder.
When you open this folder you will find three textures called null_east, null_north, null_south.
Open them with a graphics editor of your choice (Paint will do) and place a single pixel in light grey somewhere in the middle.

You won't notice it while playing and the errors will be gone.

Lexa

Uhm, i must be missing something but how do i put clothes onto the newborn?

Kirby23590

Quote from: Lexa on February 10, 2019, 07:38:01 PM

Sorry, i don't think you could add clothes to babies and toddlers yet, diapers aren't yet made for them... :P

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Lexa

Quote from: Kirby23590 on February 11, 2019, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: Lexa on February 10, 2019, 07:38:01 PM

Sorry, i don't think you could add clothes to babies and toddlers yet, diapers aren't yet made for them... :P

I just want to stop him from developing hypothermia. My base is poor but i have nice wool clothes (including a onesie for him) but not really anything in the ways of tech, he was born at the beginning of the first winter... suppose ill rush out some heaters for the rooming but thats gonna be difficult, anything i can do to stop the guy from freezing meanwhile?