[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: dubwise56 on May 24, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
Nope that's how it works, if someone is bedridden then just set the bed to medical, i don't have a bedpan next to my bed so it makes sense to me
No need to occupy a medical bed for a shattered spine.
But is it your call.

Dubwise

Thanks, I added white versions of everything because there isn't any stuff that can make things white and normally fixtures and pipes are white.

And I added the sewage outlet so there is something that actually makes rivers useful, because right now they are pointless and you have no reason to settle next to one, i'll probably add the radial water terrain counter to it again so you can use oceans or lakes that have enough cells, the last version didn't even have them and all biomes have different challenges so now if you want easy sewage then now you can settle next to a river, i didn't really want you to be able to just dump sewage onto the ground or in a small pond because then you could smash 30 outlets down with the sewage just vanishing and not building up like in cities skylines, with a river it makes sense because of the running water.

As for cooling I could make a central air system just exactly the same as radiators but with the graphic replaced. To make things more technical I could split the pipes up into plumbing, heating, and air ducts. I could do other stuff like require heaters for hot showers and baths, could require a ground or river water pump for all the water. Not sure how far to go with the detail because in MarsX i like to track every unit of air and water and humidity and so on.

GrumpyProgrammer

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 01, 2017, 05:23:42 PM
Thanks, I added white versions of everything because there isn't any stuff that can make things white and normally fixtures and pipes are white.

Fair enough. I was just curious.

And I added the sewage outlet so there is something that actually makes rivers useful, because right now they are pointless and you have no reason to settle next to one, i'll probably add the radial water terrain counter to it again so you can use oceans or lakes that have enough cells, the last version didn't even have them and all biomes have different challenges so now if you want easy sewage then now you can settle next to a river, i didn't really want you to be able to just dump sewage onto the ground or in a small pond because then you could smash 30 outlets down with the sewage just vanishing and not building up like in cities skylines, with a river it makes sense because of the running water.

Understood (and I did wonder why a big lake wasn't suitable for sewage disposal -- good to hear it might reappear in a later version). That's why I suggested some sort of open sewage pit for areas without running water; it'd be extra infrastructure you'd need to build and maintain if you settle in an area without a river. It might be an idea to add a negative thought if a pawn passes by a sewage pit or shallow water connected to a sewage pipe as a way to further make wanting to handle sewage better more attractive.

-15 Disgusted by Raw Sewage

As for cooling I could make a central air system just exactly the same as radiators but with the graphic replaced. To make things more technical I could split the pipes up into plumbing, heating, and air ducts. I could do other stuff like require heaters for hot showers and baths, could require a ground or river water pump for all the water.

I like spitting the three types of plumbing. As for showers and baths, maybe just have a negative thought when forced to use cold showers? -5 Cold Shower/Bath? It shouldn't completely negate the Squeaky Clean thought, but is still an impetuous to get a hot water system running.

Some sort of pumping mechanism to get water into the system would be nice as well. Maybe some kind of "catchment bucket" that fills based on rain as a low-tech measure of getting water?

Doing this would probably necessitate also adding water tanks of some type as well. So a full plumbing system would require at least: a means to gather water, a water tank to store it (this would be a cheaper version of the Hot Water Storage tank now used; maybe half the cost since it doesn't care about insulation to retain heat as much?), a fixture (sink/toilet/shower/etc) to use it, sewage handling to deal with waste water, and plumbing to tie it all together.

An advantage of the Sewage Treatment machine could be to recycle some or all of the waste water back into the system. If you really want to get crazy, you could have a machine that hooks up to the Sewage Treatment plant and produces sterilized fertilizer from it (which would be similar to Night Soil except without the sickness boost). Bonus points for Vegetable Garden integration if that mod is present and having the machine make VG fertilizer. This would make it worth using Sewage Treatment even on maps with a river.

Really, though, I don't know exactly how much work you want to put in the mod. It's great as it is!

QuoteNot sure how far to go with the detail because in MarsX i like to track every unit of air and water and humidity and so on.

Well, I personally like that kind of detail, but it might be good to put up a poll to see if people using your mod would prefer the more generalized mechanics that are now used.

As for pie-in-the-sky suggestions: would jacuzzis or pools be possible? They'd satisfy Joy and maybe give a thought. For added hilarity, have jacuzzis allow the Lovin' interaction.

kosh401

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 01, 2017, 05:23:42 PM
As for cooling I could make a central air system just exactly the same as radiators but with the graphic replaced. To make things more technical I could split the pipes up into plumbing, heating, and air ducts. I could do other stuff like require heaters for hot showers and baths, could require a ground or river water pump for all the water. Not sure how far to go with the detail because in MarsX i like to track every unit of air and water and humidity and so on.

I keep meaning to check out MarsX, will have to this weekend.

A cooling and air system would be great additions to round out this mod. I don't think moisture tracking would be necessary unless you do something with an advanced greenhouse/hydroponics type of room. Just being able to create and control the flow of hot/cold air would be pretty awesome (Redistheat is a good mod but often takes a while to update).

Anyway love this mod as-is too, thanks for it!

spyfox321

I think the additions of water towers which hold water (Same mechanics as batteries) and collect water when it's raining would be a good addition to the game so we can play on maps without rivers.

Platonov555

One of the best mods, felt like game was missing these really bad. Houses felt empty.
Keep it up! And thanks for your time.

2 questions:

1. Is there a simple guide to building these systems? I don't understand how all these pieces fit together, to make it work. Like where do I place treatment tanks, for example? Or whats the right way to lay pipelines?

2. Feels like the major piece that's missing is central cooling system. Any plans to implement that?

Such an excellent, real content mod. Again, thanks.  :D :D :D

petrat852

I love the beginning of the mod with the latrine and wash bucket. However, when I start the game and have this as my only mod active, I get this:

RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly DubsBadHygiene: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.ThinkNode_HygienePrioritySorter' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeShower+<>c__DisplayClass0_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeShower+<MakeNewToils>d__0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.IThingContainerOwner' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.16.6198.16102, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Verse.IThingContainerOwner' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.16.6198.16102, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass30_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetFloatMenuOptions>d__30' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetGizmos>d__36' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass12_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetFloatMenuOptions>d__12' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:AssemblyIsUsable(Assembly)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadContent()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

XML error: Could not register node named "BasedMom" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.
Verse.XmlInheritance:TryRegister(XmlNode, ModContentPack)
Verse.XmlInheritance:TryRegisterAllFrom(LoadableXmlAsset, ModContentPack)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyPipeBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyBasinBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyTerletBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyBathtubBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyShowerBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/defecate
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.ModContentHolder`1:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:<ReloadContent>m__8A9()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/sewage

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/sewageLoop

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/vacuumtoilet

Then, when in game (still only mod) and I get to plumbing I can place everything else but when I click on both types of pipes, I get this:
RimWorld 0.17.1557 rev1153
RimWorld.VersionControl:LogVersionNumber()
Verse.Root:CheckGlobalInit()
Verse.Root:Start()
Verse.Root_Entry:Start()

ReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly DubsBadHygiene: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Loader exceptions:
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.ThinkNode_HygienePrioritySorter' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeShower+<>c__DisplayClass0_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeShower+<MakeNewToils>d__0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass30_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetFloatMenuOptions>d__30' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetGizmos>d__36' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<>c__DisplayClass12_0' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   => System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type '<GetFloatMenuOptions>d__12' from assembly 'DubsBadHygiene, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:AssemblyIsUsable(Assembly)
Verse.ModAssemblyHandler:ReloadAll()
Verse.ModContentPack:ReloadContent()

XML error: Could not register node named "BasedMom" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyPipeBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyBasinBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyTerletBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyBathtubBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "DubsDirtyShowerBase" in mod 836308268 because this name is already used in this mod.

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/defecate

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/sewage

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/sewageLoop

Tried to load duplicate UnityEngine.AudioClip with path: misc/vacuumtoilet

Initializing new game with mods Core and 836308268
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__850()

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DubsBadHygiene.PlaceWorker_Pipe.AllowsPlacing (Verse.BuildableDef def, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot, Verse.Thing thingToIgnore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.GenConstruct.CanPlaceBlueprintAt (Verse.BuildableDef entDef, IntVec3 center, Rot4 rot, Verse.Map map, Boolean godMode, Verse.Thing thingToIgnore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.CanDesignateCell (IntVec3 c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Place.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I would certainly love to play with this mod, but as of now, I don't know if I can play. I have downloaded the mod from Steam. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

Edit: Just downloaded the mod from here and it works perfectly fine from the zip, so something might be up with the Steam Workshop version of it.

deathstar

Yo dubs!

I have a suggestion to make... ever since the implementation of the Dead Man's Clothing debuff I wanted a way to clean clothes. Since this mod is all about hygiene and already includes a pumping and sewage system, I thought washing machines of some sort would be a really nice addition. There could even be a low-tech version which is just a washboard with a bucket, or just use the washing-bucket and add a bill to it to wash clothes. Perhaps this could take a lot of labour (since it's free otherwise) while the machine does it automatically over time?

Going a step further, maybe there is a positive moodlet for having freshly washed clothes, encouraging some rotation?

Cheers.

GrumpyProgrammer

Quote from: deathstar on June 09, 2017, 07:56:17 AM
I have a suggestion to make... ever since the implementation of the Dead Man's Clothing debuff I wanted a way to clean clothes. Since this mod is all about hygiene and already includes a pumping and sewage system, I thought washing machines of some sort would be a really nice addition. There could even be a low-tech version which is just a washboard with a bucket, or just use the washing-bucket and add a bill to it to wash clothes. Perhaps this could take a lot of labour (since it's free otherwise) while the machine does it automatically over time?

Going a step further, maybe there is a positive moodlet for having freshly washed clothes, encouraging some rotation?

I like this a lot. Laundry as a way to remove the Dead Man's Clothes debuff and to provide a mood boost would be a nice addition. The big question would be how to make the Pawns take off their clothes to be washed; you wouldn't want them to do so if doing so would ruin their heat/cold resistance, for example. Maybe they will only remove clothes for washing if there are other non-dirty clothes available immediately in a stockpile? It would provide a reason for creating a larger cache of clothing other than for sale or when things get too worn.

As a side note, something I'd really like to see is some kind of clothing rack that can contain more than one garment at a time. This is outside the scope of Hygiene and Central heating, but it's still something that really annoys me. Closets have to be huge in Rimworld because only one article of clothing can fit on one square!

Plasmatic

Quote from: GrumpyProgrammer on June 09, 2017, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: deathstar on June 09, 2017, 07:56:17 AM

I like this a lot. Laundry as a way to remove the Dead Man's Clothes debuff and to provide a mood boost would be a nice addition. The big question would be how to make the Pawns take off their clothes to be washed; you wouldn't want them to do so if doing so would ruin their heat/cold resistance, for example. Maybe they will only remove clothes for washing if there are other non-dirty clothes available immediately in a stockpile? It would provide a reason for creating a larger cache of clothing other than for sale or when things get too worn.

As a side note, something I'd really like to see is some kind of clothing rack that can contain more than one garment at a time. This is outside the scope of Hygiene and Central heating, but it's still something that really annoys me. Closets have to be huge in Rimworld because only one article of clothing can fit on one square!

RT Quantum storage is the solution to that, and hes working on updating it..

I was going to ask if the heating system plays any part in showers or baths or if it's solely for radiators, but having read a few posts it would seem to be completely superflous in a warm biome.

I like the idea of air conditioning, though things can easily get way too complicated and clunky for it's own good, I'd suggest treating plumbing as a general thing, not just one type of liquid.
Aka, one pipe can carry water, hot water, and cold water (though realistically it would be another type of coolant)

Still, Having a central air conditioning place with a cold bearing medium being piped to placed it's needed is a good solution i feel.

T-Wrecks

Heya. I found a conflict with your toilet mod and Careful Raiders.

Let me start from the beginning.

So I had a raid from a group of cultist assholes who live northwards. They came in about 10 strong with several twisted genewarriors among them. I shot one in the entrance of my kill box and they instantly spread out across my walls trying to find a way in.

The only problem was, the game was now constantly sending me pathing errors about how they couldn't find a way to get to my toilets and the whole raid slowed to a halt. Besieging me without attacking and also without mortars. They just wanted to go to the toilet really bad man. Feels bad.

So I reloaded the save and put a toilet and a hand basin outside the fort. That worked until an enemy died in the entrance again. They immediately went over and destroyed the toilet and hand basin. Explosive diarrhea or somethin' I reckon.

So I tried God mode and put a toilet and hand basin well away from my base, but they instantly trecked over to it.

This poop cult will haunt me for years. I had no idea that rimworld could ever simulate such things.

"Rimworld. The only game 3 mods away from simulating Slanneshi poop cultists!"

But yeah. Is there any way toilet pathing could be turned off while ever there is a raid on? I suspect this could happen without the careful raiders mod as well despite not having tested it. Thanks in advance!

PixelBitZombie

1+ for a cooling system. I'm sitting here waiting for Redistribute to update, I've never used it and it looks like a fantastic mod. To be honest I've never noticed that radiators could heat the home, I was completely oblivious to that. So here's hoping you'll manage cooling at some point, I never turn this mod off, its fantastic!
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

HippyChic

Not sure if it has been brought up before but there seems to be an odd interaction with the hot water tanks if you place them next to each other. They seem to provide or generate a lot more heat than I would expect them to.

blaktek

Thank you for this mod, My colonies weren't enough of a headache as they were.  ;D

One thing, though, the ceramics appliances (the only ones in use for now) seem to have a problem with the breakdown thingie. I have an alert indicating a failure, go there and see the sink or w/e with full HP and a red pulsing icon. I can't repair the thing, the icon never goes away, and the object is still usable.

I use the latest version of Hardore SK, fiddled with, so this mod might not be the culprit.  :)

Screenshot :
https://ibb.co/nmCHk5

sidfu

the repair of stuff not working is due to minefiable being on them. current versison of hcsk has that fixed.
Quote from: blaktek on June 28, 2017, 10:40:35 PM
Thank you for this mod, My colonies weren't enough of a headache as they were.  ;D

One thing, though, the ceramics appliances (the only ones in use for now) seem to have a problem with the breakdown thingie. I have an alert indicating a failure, go there and see the sink or w/e with full HP and a red pulsing icon. I can't repair the thing, the icon never goes away, and the object is still usable.

I use the latest version of Hardore SK, fiddled with, so this mod might not be the culprit.  :)

Screenshot :
https://ibb.co/nmCHk5

that is due to them haveing mineifable on them. removing minefable fixes it. its already fixed in the version included with hcsk

if u have a issue with mods in hcsk make sure to ask first in the hcsk thread or better yet jump on discored and ask as there nearly always someone on.