[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comandante_J

Hello, Dubwise!

Just registered to report a bug i've encountered.I've read trough the thread and i havent seen it reported, so maybe it's something to do with my modlist, but here it is:

I ordered for the septic tank to be emptied, but everyone went to sleep. The next morning, a pawn went to empty it, but at this pint, it contained 0 units of sewage, and it crashed.

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/kN17KdDB

Mods in order:

-Core
-Mad Skills
-RT Fuse
-Dubs Bad Hygiene
-Machine gun defense
-[RF] Basic bridges [b18]
-More Trade Ships
-OHU Ships
-Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering

Dubwise

yup thanks for reporting that, i already changed all that for the next update

Canute

Btw. about washing hands.
That is something that annoy me at the past.
Pawns going to the latrine and then a bit later they going to wash their hands.
Could you maybe let pawn's who used the toilet/latrine let use a closeby hygiene tool too, even when there is no need for that ?

Dubwise

not quite sure what you mean, when a pawn uses a toilet they queue up a job to wash their hands right away, if you have other jobs queued then they will be forced to do them until complete and then use the toilet, so the wash hands job can't be queued up after a bunch of other jobs

Canute

Ok, like i wrote "at the past".
I didn't watch at this so close. I just responce without verify this at the current version.
If you allready queue that washing order, anything is fine.

Obivion

Hello, Running the posted version currently and I've not hit any real errors so far. (and nothing in console)

A gameplay or display error has occurred with Vampires however, they have hygiene but not bladder stats. I double checked the body types (Im running a lot of races), and the rest seem fine, even werewolves seem fine.

While the do have the hygiene bar and need, its also one they never try and fill, I can manually tell them to bath, but otherwise I have smelly vampires.

Many thanks on all the great work on this mod!

Dubwise

i think thats intended, since they dont eat and drink blood and don't have shadows and all that kinda stuff i would imagine they wouldn't have bladder needs either, hygiene still makes sense though, in the next patch you can tweak all that with new mod options though if you really want to

ultra4

I don't know if it's just me, i love your soil texture, but can't go without Fertile Fields gameplay. The plopable 115% fert feels like a cheat in eartly game since you can plop it anywhere (rock, sand, etc, better than soil anywhere), so i prefer the FF aproach to step by step changing to soil-rich soil-plowed soil (harder and slower start but able to reach better end game soil). But i do love the compost from sewage concept.
I dont mind having a compost bin for rotten food and another for sewage, seem fine and even logical. How do i change the final product to be the FF fortilizer? I went through all the XMLs without finding it. (that and a balance pass, 50 FecalFertilizer seem like 1 "FF Fertilizer"?)

Obivion

Quote from: Dubwise on June 08, 2018, 11:38:19 AM
i think thats intended, since they dont eat and drink blood and don't have shadows and all that kinda stuff i would imagine they wouldn't have bladder needs either, hygiene still makes sense though, in the next patch you can tweak all that with new mod options though if you really want to

Ahh yes, that makes sense, its the first time Im using vampires with hygiene, so it looked odd. In my mind something had gone wrong as they were not going to wash either and thought the 2 were connected.

Dubwise

Quote from: ultra4 on June 08, 2018, 12:08:41 PM
I don't know if it's just me, i love your soil texture, but can't go without Fertile Fields gameplay. The plopable 115% fert feels like a cheat in eartly game since you can plop it anywhere (rock, sand, etc, better than soil anywhere), so i prefer the FF aproach to step by step changing to soil-rich soil-plowed soil (harder and slower start but able to reach better end game soil). But i do love the compost from sewage concept.
I dont mind having a compost bin for rotten food and another for sewage, seem fine and even logical. How do i change the final product to be the FF fortilizer? I went through all the XMLs without finding it. (that and a balance pass, 50 FecalFertilizer seem like 1 "FF Fertilizer"?)

in the next patch i added a comp setting in the defs for the product, and a function that's easy to harmony patch, its all renamed to biosolids, and i also gimped the soils fertility back down to 0.9 which is what it was originally, im looking at a different way to use biosolids to boost fertility using the irrigation grid. I also added a slider to change the strength of the irrigation grid, since those fertility mods tend to boost to pretty high numbers last time i checked, so irrigation needs toning down a bit when combined with them.

I wanted to add biosolids in to replace the old night soil that i removed, and i let you place it on any terrain so you can make patches of growable soil in rough biomes as something like grow beds, that you can place anywhere without needing to add a building called "grow bed", and still spray with the sprinklers and mix with my skylights to make tidy little greenhouses.

Tidal

Could the Water Tower be changed to use a woody stuffCategory in the future, to enable compatibility with mods that add more types of wood? The showers are, but I didn't notice the tower was only built out of generic wood until partway through my playthrough.

Canute

Excellent work on the Air-con system.
Compact, efficient and scaleable.

But since now the hygiene menu is overfilled now and the temperature one pretty empty.
What do you think to move some things some thing from hygiene to temperature ?
At last the 4 Air-con system should don't be a problem, since they don't belong to hygiene.
But the heating system is different since they have some function to hygiene too.
Maybe double entries for relevant parts or seperate the heating system from the sewage. Heating don't realy need fresh water, just water as transport system.

And btw, what do you think about floor heating like the good old romans got, like radiator's but build as standard floor, or underlay floor.
Glowstone mod allow to place structures you can walk over and place even structures on the same tile.
Or maybe a special nonisolated pipe that release heat into the room.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on June 10, 2018, 03:22:34 AM
Excellent work on the Air-con system.
Compact, efficient and scaleable.

But since now the hygiene menu is overfilled now and the temperature one pretty empty.
What do you think to move some things some thing from hygiene to temperature ?
At last the 4 Air-con system should don't be a problem, since they don't belong to hygiene.
But the heating system is different since they have some function to hygiene too.
Maybe double entries for relevant parts or seperate the heating system from the sewage. Heating don't realy need fresh water, just water as transport system.

Thanks, ok i made a Hygiene/Misc tab and put some of the extra stuff in there like the sink, air con, sprinklers, composting, and the same set of designators, want to keep them under the name hygiene so you know where to look for unlocked research stuff

Dubwise

Quote from: Tidespider on June 10, 2018, 12:29:03 AM
Could the Water Tower be changed to use a woody stuffCategory in the future, to enable compatibility with mods that add more types of wood? The showers are, but I didn't notice the tower was only built out of generic wood until partway through my playthrough.

Done!

CannonFodder

Thanks, I got the new version and don't have a colony covered in diarrhea anymore. It's a welcome reprieve. The good news is that at least the animation never matched the illness...