Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwillhill

Dubwise

you can change key binding in the keyboard configuration in options

zwillhill

Quote from: Dubwise on December 10, 2018, 01:51:52 AM
you can change key binding in the keyboard configuration in options
Thanks for you reply, Now they are working perfectly!

JT

Hey Dub, could I make a request?  I like playing with the higher difficulty settings in Bad Hygiene, but am stuck at an impasse:

50% natural cleanup rate on exposed sewage is much too fast.
0% natural cleanup rate on exposed sewage is much too slow (well, infinitely slow, technically).

Could we get additional "hard" settings for the natural cleanup, like 33%, 25%, 10%, 5%, etc.?  I figure 5% would probably work to clean up the "raw sewage" that appears all over the place when I have a couple livestock and which never disappears, while still making even a single latrine a recipe for an ecological disaster unless it is properly dealt with.

The preferred option would be to change the "Cheat" setting to a "Custom" setting, which opens a numeric input that allows manual entry of a desired multiplier for each option.

Dubwise

there's only a couple of options because the grid is a ushort with tiny numbers, i can change how it all works if i  get a chance, and allow for more granularity in the settings

Kori

I won't ask for canteens, but it would be so cool to have No Water, No Life integration!

JT

Quote from: Dubwise on December 11, 2018, 03:03:39 PM
there's only a couple of options because the grid is a ushort with tiny numbers, i can change how it all works if i  get a chance, and allow for more granularity in the settings

Aha.  Perhaps the cleanup rate could just be modified further by a random throw for any cleanup iteration?  That would allow granularity without having to refactor variable types or waste memory unnecessary on a massive matrix of floats, although it would offload a bit of work onto the CPU.

Tenshi~Akari

Quick question: Is it now a feature that latrines lose usability the moment they're connected to plumbing not yet complete? Or has it always been like this & I'm just noticing it? Because I seem to be running across this happening on my maps, and I swear I don't remember ever having encountered this before in previous versions of Bad Hygiene.

Only reason why I have an incomplete plumbing setup is due to lack of resources on my map at the moment to build a water pump. But since everything is plumbed to that point, all of the latrines I have that are connected have the "no water capacity" icon overlaying them & can't be used whatsoever by my pawns.

(Of course, it could be me & my forgetfulness on how I used to play/setup with the mod, but I do remember at some point, even when I didn't have a water source, they still worked regardless of whether they were connected to the pipes or not.)  ???

Canute

It allways was like this (so far i remember).
You should only connect latrines the the sewerage if it is working.

Tenshi~Akari

OK... weird. I could've sworn it was otherwise, though. Thanks, Canute!

Nooklie

Hi Dubwise,
          Just wanted to say thanks for eating up your life to bring these to others. I'm new and might get banned but I must say dude, "You fucking rock"

Canute

Dubwise,
what do you think to give the burnpit a heatpush like a campfire ?
Currently it is neutral to the temp. but since it burn's and you can burn stuff there, it should produce some heat too.

Madman666

While logically it does make sense, i see no reason for adding that. I mean - who would in his right mind put a hole for burning crap inside a room to heat it up?

Marcus

I would do that, if that would save me from freezing to death.

Kayrah

hey dub, im currently playing with you mod, but i have one request. change the freezer visibility to something thats more noticable. i had no clue how to install it correctly.

i had no idea what the "blowing side" does. change it to ice crystals please

or make it the same as the normal cooler

on the discord someone said, use the room outline to identify, but with enabled room info every room will highlight