Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• December 13, 2019, 10:27:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update  (Read 84760 times)

Lady Wolf

• Colonist
  • Luckier than most people realize.
    • View Profile
Re: [A16] Set-Up Camp v0.1.0
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 01:53:31 AM »

Your colonists shall starve no more! (unless you're traveling on an ice sheet ofc)

Even then you can always stop and kill off a colonist or two when you run low on food...  ::)

(Yeah, Rimworld, it takes you to new depths of depravity when your colonies survival is on the line.  :P )

Or slaughter some pack (or trade) animals, assuming they are worth less than that useless pop star pacifist who can't do any task but artwork anyway..

doodeeda

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 03:44:11 AM »

What's the difference between a camp and a colony that you abandon later? Do events not happen?

I'm playing a nomadic colony that's always on the move, and I was just planning on settling colonies and abandoning them as "camps".
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:53:27 AM by doodeeda »

joaonunes

• Colonist
  • Demacia!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 04:03:35 AM »

What's the difference between a camp and a colony that you abandon later? Do events not happen?

I'm playing a nomadic colony that's always on the move, and I was just planning on settling colonies and abandoning them as "camps".

The idea of this mod is to lay a camp whenever you want/need by using similar mechanics to the ones when you get attacked mid-travel, meaning that this camp will disappear from the map as soon as you leave it and will not stay on the map unlike what happens when you abandon a colony.

If you really want to be a nomad try this mod, put down a camp every once in a while and then leave taking everything with you. If you want to leave a camp behind to revisit at a later point you may want to keep creating colonies and abandoning them.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

WoodyDaOcas

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 04:23:27 AM »

Excellent idea, thank you for the mod :)

carpediembr

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »

Whats the difference between the camp and "settle" ?

Any chance we can chose the map size from the camp?

joaonunes

• Colonist
  • Demacia!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »

Whats the difference between the camp and "settle" ?

Any chance we can chose the map size from the camp?

"Settle" sounds like you are going to make a new colony, while "camp" has a more temporary meaning. Should be self explanatory from now on :D

Nandonalt

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »

The idea of this mod is to lay a camp whenever you want/need by using similar mechanics to the ones when you get attacked mid-travel, meaning that this camp will disappear from the map as soon as you leave it and will not stay on the map unlike what happens when you abandon a colony.

If you really want to be a nomad try this mod, put down a camp every once in a while and then leave taking everything with you. If you want to leave a camp behind to revisit at a later point you may want to keep creating colonies and abandoning them.

Thanks for explaining it well!  ;D
Also, the camps are much smaller than colonies: they are faster to generate and aren't so heavy on the CPU.

joaonunes

• Colonist
  • Demacia!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »

Thanks for explaining it well!  ;D
Also, the camps are much smaller than colonies: they are faster to generate and aren't so heavy on the CPU.

Do you know what is the funniest part? I have downloaded the mod but have not tried it yet :P Too much studying to do :(

Jakub k.

• Colonist
  • Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »

allready my favorite mod,i can now control an entire map because it's so small, also my computer can now run normally :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

GiantSpaceHamster

• Colonist
  • Giant Space Description
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »

I don't think you can re-enter abandoned settlements actually. I was unable to even enter the tile on the world map last time I tried.

Jakub k.

• Colonist
  • Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »

wait a second,do events happen in this mini-map? like raids and flashstorms? because if not my dreams are ruined hah :0
*tries not to scry*

joaonunes

• Colonist
  • Demacia!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »

I don't think you can re-enter abandoned settlements actually. I was unable to even enter the tile on the world map last time I tried.

Humm... Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea

Love

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:57 PM »

Since the camp deletes itself, couldn't you just use this to infinitely farm adjacent tiles for as much material as they can carry?

Codexehow

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 04:43:23 PM »

Should be in base game, thanks.

asquirrel

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile