We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibiabos

Port it to consoles, then make all future PC versions ports back from consoles.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

Houkime

Failed construction should have a chance of self-injury and death of a constructor. ("Larry made a fatal mistake while constructing a snowman")

Failed feeding ranging from minor (food spilled) to ridiculous (heavy head injury for the pawn that was fed).
And failed eating with results ranging from food spilling to fatal choking.

Also pawns should be able to hurt themselves with needles while tailoring, with knives while butchering and cooking, with substances while researching (If you research IEDs or drugs that's kind of dangerous research), have mortar shells randomly exploding in process of making and have  a refinery setting itself on fire.

Eric

Dogs should have a random chance of humping your colonists' legs every so often

Barazen

Insects should have giant "thinking" bugs that spawn when they get a few hives going. These thinking bugs make them actively wage war on your colony.
Anyone else felt their heart break when a pawns marriage falls apart?
Doc & Valarie, I shipped it, she flipped it.

Eric

Every wall should just have a random chance of exploding for no reason.

O Negative

Quote from: Eric on January 12, 2017, 01:26:07 PM
Every wall should just have a random chance of exploding for no reason.

Isn't that just the Zzzt! event?? ;)

MikeLemmer

Every colonist should just have a random chance of exploding for no reason.

Eric

Being able to install any bionic body part anywhere (eyes for hands, lega for eyes, etc.)

Thyme

Real life shooting distances. Pirates would be able to snipe your pawns without entering the map.

*I admit that hasn't as much chilli in A16. I'm a bit behind =)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Limdood

collateral horseshoe damage.

(for irony, i tend to put my horseshoe pins between research benches or next to dining tables)

NeverPire

Why not new diseases, not yet discovered and needing a special research project to be cured.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Swat_Raptor

Areas & activities made for when pawns have mental breaks.

fire works, take some chem fuel and Craft some of these & when the pyromaniac needs his fire fix he can grab these babies and every one has a good time.
(there is some chance of starting a fire by letting these off but its no light hes going around torching stuff)

Spas, when a person is wandering around sad taking random gear off, they instead can go over to one of these converted steam vents remove their gear and just hang around the spa until they snap back to reality.

Dirty hole in the wall Bar area: some just wants to drown or smoke away their Rimworld worries. They don't care about beauty, or that much about cleanliness as they normally do, they just want a friend to imbibe with, when there is more than one Chemical interest pawn is present they will tend to have their binge events together goto the location and make a kind of party out of it.

Fight Club spot. masochist and Brawlers, and violent pawns  some times just want to engage in some primal blood sport. once or twice a season they will forgo sleep and gather to beat the snot out of each other. their relationships are not negatively effected like normal insult driven fights and getting beaten to death is less likely as well. these events help curb their normal impulse to random fights and hones their melee skills

NeverPire

In my opinion, fireworks for pirymaniacs is a nice idea, you should propose it in the "Your cheapest suggestion" forum.

Lightzy

Playing chess has a random chance of making the pawn go crazy forever. (ok slightly obscure reference I guess)

NeverPire

Let the colonists looking carefully a roof through a telescope.
Oh, sorry, it's already the case.  ::)