We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

First: Use paragraphs

Second: You should read what's been written here before replying.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Lobstercraft

Very rare special mystery events like anomalies mirroring the colony look on map

Timemachines to load a saved game with possible defects loading the wrong savegame. Replacing the standard Savegame system

A cool evil AI like Shodan who is making your pc crashing

Bones as ressource. Bonewalls

Random mods game mode where the game downloads random mods for you when starting new colony

Eric

A rare Blue Shell artifact which can be used to automatically kill anyone on the map in a fiery explosion. And it jumps over walls.

MikeLemmer

So basically the psychic shock lance with spontaneous combustion.

Eric

Quote from: MikeLemmer on January 08, 2017, 12:47:52 PM
So basically the psychic shock lance with spontaneous combustion.
Yep, except you watch the Blue Shell race around the map until it finds your best colonist and blows them into the next star system.

Houkime

In order to prevent kiting tactics that is not fair against AI colonists should start feeling dizzy if they change their movement direction more often than 3 times per in-game hour.

Dizzyness reduces movement speed and shooting accuracy. It also stacks per each additional turn above limit, reducing Consciousness by 30%. When consciousness reaches zero, pawn collapses making it more possible to catch a pawn running in circles.

To reduce peaceful-life complications pathing AI should be adjusted to prefer straight lines even more.
Implications to cooking process will just make gameplay more funny and vivid, add challenge and incentive for more thought-through kitchen designs.

Thirite

What RimWorld is really lacking is trigger warnings.

kilgoar

I think it would just be great if we could link Rimworld to our social media accounts & have buttons that appear so we can share all our fun rimworld activities and screenshots with our families and friends constantly and instantly. In fact, it would be pretty cool if it was this way by default just so no one has to go through the trouble of setting it up.

MikeLemmer

There should be a fumble mechanic where any colonist using a weapon has a % chance of hitting themselves with it.

Eric

Quote from: MikeLemmer on January 08, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
There should be a fumble mechanic where any colonist using a weapon has a % chance of hitting themselves with it.
"Colonist McFumbles has accidentally fumbled with his triple rocket launcher and has shot himself with all three rockets"

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Eric on January 08, 2017, 09:40:55 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on January 08, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
"Colonist McFumbles has accidentally fumbled with his triple rocket launcher and has shot himself with all three rockets"
"Colonist McFumbles has severed his own spine with his gladius."

dv

That gave me an idea.

Mental Break; pawn attempts suicide.

O Negative

A mental break which causes the "incapable of ..." for different jobs is what this game really needs. Too many people are capable of "dumb labor" as it stands.

Thyme

Instead of always starting a fight when enraged, some colonists prefer to kill the offender in his sleep. There will be no warning message.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Houkime

Installing more than 2 bionic arms/legs/eyes.
Advantages are obvious.
Disadvantages:
Higher hunger rate.
High chance of surgery failure on installation increasing with each part above natural limit.

For economical reasons doctors should be able to extract bionic parts from corpses.