[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Map Generators - Fertile Plains & Snowy Worlds

Started by ItchyFlea, April 10, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 29, 2014, 04:10:21 AM
I don't understand what you're asking.  :-\
If you want the edge mountain to generate on a random side, just use the normal edge mountain generator: <li Class="Genner_FloatGridGrossFade">

Who were you saying that too? :P

What I was asking for, is a way to randomize which side is open.  You posted 4 separate versions of the 3 sided mountains.  But why not just one version where the game will randomly pick which 3 sides are covered?  Instead of having it always on the same sides.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Haplo

I think what he means is, if you do this in your code and set the gridSide to -1:

public override void Generate()
        {
            if (gridSide < 0)
                fadeDir = (int)System.Math.Floor(UnityEngine.Random.Range(0.0f, 3.99999f));
            else
                fadeDir = gridSide;
        }

This way you have an optional random side generator.
(But it's not always said, that a valley is generated...)

Architect

Good show Itchy! you should put that little tutorial on the wiki, I'm sure a great many people would be very pleased to see it.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Vas on April 29, 2014, 02:27:18 PM
Who were you saying that too? :P
I was saying it to Cala13er, but forgot to quote his post.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tyrkir

Love your mod Itchy, especially the coastal and valley mods.
Got me thinking though, is it possible for the generator to create a strip of water tiles through the middle of the map to make a river?

ItchyFlea

Thanks. :D
I've been looking into adding a river for the past couple of days, but haven't found a way to do it. Yet. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Bodog999

ItchyFlea can you make the valley terrain generation that it also generates wire spools for BP+ ?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Bodog999 on May 05, 2014, 11:48:35 AM
ItchyFlea can you make the valley terrain generation that it also generates wire spools for BP+ ?
Here you go: Fertile Plains with Valley for BetterPower+ v2.4.1  :)

EDIT: Download link moved to first post.

Bodog999

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 05, 2014, 06:32:16 PM
Quote from: Bodog999 on May 05, 2014, 11:48:35 AM
Here you go: Fertile Plains with Valley for BetterPower+ v2.4.1  :)
Dude I love you (In a non gay way)

ItchyFlea

I've finally had time to update the BetterPower+ versions to the current version of BP+. I haven't tested them, but there is no reason why they shouldn't work.

Lolik

Can you make 3 side mountain version with Industrial rim or valley version with Industrial rim

dannyepsin

Quote from: Lolik on May 08, 2014, 10:01:33 AM
Can you make 3 side mountain version with Industrial rim or valley version with Industrial rim

Yeah please do this!

Bodog999

Ithcy I've noticed that when I mine into the mountains with the valley with BP+ there are very very little metal pockets could you increase the spawn rate or is that very hard?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Bodog999 on May 08, 2014, 02:08:35 PM
Ithcy I've noticed that when I mine into the mountains with the valley with BP+ there are very very little metal pockets could you increase the spawn rate or is that very hard?
Here you go. Mineral deposits are both larger (By about 25%) and slightly more frequent in the version below.  :)

Download link: Valley v1.1 for BP+

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ItchyFlea

Snowy Worlds have made an appearance. As a result, the thread name has been changed.
Only two so far. Mod compatible versions may come along at a later date.