[A17] Mod List Backup (v1.5.1) (Search/Install/Colors)

Started by scuba156, January 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackGyver

So that was indeed user error, I have to do manual updates and I had an older version of HugsLib (2.2.4), downloading the latest package fixed it. All good! :-[

scuba156

Quote from: BlackGyver on January 12, 2017, 09:35:21 PM
So that was indeed user error, I have to do manual updates and I had an older version of HugsLib (2.2.4), downloading the latest package fixed it. All good! :-[
Haha phew. Sorry about that. HugsLib has a required version flag which I will set in the next update so the confusion won't happen again.

scuba156

The next update should be done in the next 12 hours. It will be a bump to version 1.0, and will be considered as finished except for bug fixes, translations, and maybe if there is a good idea for a feature.

If you have any feature requests, please let me know (named states is already done)

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.0

• increase slot limit to 20
  • renamable slots
  • import mod list from a save file
  • steam cloud now enabled by default
  • added marking for empty slots
  • relocate buttons on the mods screen
  • add ability to revert active mods how they were when RimWorld started
  • updated English languages file
  • set HugsLib requiredVersion to 2.3.3
  • update preview image and mod description

Downloads

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.0.1
Important Bug Fix!

• move GetStateNamePretty to somewhere more accessable
  • add a null check for state names

Downloads

Lerin

scuba156, can you add a categories to this big mod list ?

i want sort my mods by categories like a:

--- Always First---
Core
HugLibs
CCL
etc..

---- Surgeries -----
EPOE
DE surgeries
etc..
etc..

---- In Game Addons ----
Furnitures
New structures
New objects
etc..

--- TABS ----
Numbers
WildLife
Colony Manager
etc..

This is possible ?

scuba156

Quote from: Lerin on January 14, 2017, 06:45:37 AM
scuba156, can you add a categories to this big mod list ?

i want sort my mods by categories like a:

--- snip ---
Do you mean in the games list of active mods or the list of save able slots? If it's the first one then I can't do that with this mod as it draws the new buttons over the top of the mod menu, everything else is already drawn before I touch it. It would require a complete rewrite of the mod menu, which can but done but it not the intention of this mod. Maybe someday I will look at doing that but I have some other things I would like to work on. The code for this mod is available (and HEAVILY commented) so others can learn from it too and apply it too a new menu.

Sorry for the long and slightly trailing off topic reply :/

Quote from: minakurafto on January 14, 2017, 08:16:51 AM
how to rename slot?
Go to Settings > Mod settings and click the show button next to 'slot names' and you can rename till your hearts content!

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.1

• add easier way to edit slot names
  • add mod count label to import save file dialog
  • added status message when importing save file
  • faster importing

Downloads

BlackGyver

Damn, do you work fast! I'd like to thank you again for the mod, it's really useful!

Demonlord091

We look forward to trying this mod saver. This has to be one of the most useful ideas I've ever seen made for Rimworld. If it works it definitely deserves to be added to the base vanilla game.

Keep up the good work.

HanFox

When used on Linux the paths are messed up as Linux only uses forward slashes for paths (in fact Windows also understands forward slashes for paths, but they purposely use backslashes locally as a way to show the difference between local and remote).

So currently on Linux you get this:
http://i.imgur.com/XIvuKA5.png

scuba156

Quote from: HanFox on January 17, 2017, 10:20:04 PM
When used on Linux the paths are messed up as Linux only uses forward slashes for paths (in fact Windows also understands forward slashes for paths, but they purposely use backslashes locally as a way to show the difference between local and remote).

So currently on Linux you get this:
http://i.imgur.com/XIvuKA5.png
Sorry about that. I'm not use to thinking of linux when working on a dotnet project and just appended "\" for paths. I'll use the correct platform-specific directory separator in the next update.

scuba156

Mod List Backup v1.2

• add undo function
  • add Chinese translations (thanks to yc000764!)
  • fix Unix filepaths (thanks to kPherox!)
  • needs a clean up

Downloads

whoishigh

This mod just saved my ass! I vowed "never again" and installed this mod after Steam inexplicably ate my modconfig file following an internet outage, and prayed I would never need to use it.

Fast forward to January 19th, 2017, when a client update inexplicably shit the bed. Once all my mods returned (closing the game out and restarting Steam fixed the issue for me), I found that our lord Gaben had once again reset my modconfig just for fun.

But this time I was prepared. I didn't even need the multiple backups I had made (though they were still there, thankfully), I just used the import option and ripped the mod order straight from my last save!

So thank you (again), Scuba156. I owe you some intimate favors.