[A16][MOD PACK] Fafnir Mod Pack 0.9.5 (18.01.17) SUSPENDED

Started by Fafn1r, January 11, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fafn1r

Quote from: Psychology on January 12, 2017, 08:09:02 AM
What mod conflict is this?

My guess is Combat Realism, but it's just a guess. It's the only other mod that affects pawn behavior in a more complex way that just workgivers.

Quote from: Cirk on January 12, 2017, 08:17:35 AM
Have you had a look at the tribal start? Feels weird starting with fueled cook stoves and stuff (and turrets lol, but no electricity). Any recommendations for mods to make it more tribaly? Love the mod pack so far.

Also, any recommended mods for expanded research tree? :) Cheers.

First off, I appreciate the feedback. :D

Turrets? There's something wrong here, I'll check it out. I can put stoves and more advanced stuff under research for 1.0 release. But that's it, you will be able to unlock it rather fast. Tribal start is tricky, because even though they are listed as tribals forever, they can build a spaceship at some point.

What do you mean by expanded research tree? It already has much more stuff in it. I'm going to work on it more for 1.0 release - to make it priettier and to rebalance some research

System.Linq

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 12, 2017, 08:42:18 AM
Quote from: Psychology on January 12, 2017, 08:09:02 AM
What mod conflict is this?

My guess is Combat Realism, but it's just a guess. It's the only other mod that affects pawn behavior in a more complex way that just workgivers.

Hygiene does not affect pawn behavior in any way more complex than just workgivers. It is specifically built to be 100% compatible with every other mod in existence. It is by far the least likely of all of my mods to trigger a mod conflict so I'm interested to know how you arrived at this conclusion.

mickey

hi, thx for your mod pack...

But i have a problem... why my men Are inactive?

It's one hours of work... and the priority is high...

Thx :)

Cirk

Quote from: Fafn1r on January 12, 2017, 08:42:18 AM

First off, I appreciate the feedback. :D

Turrets? There's something wrong here, I'll check it out. I can put stoves and more advanced stuff under research for 1.0 release. But that's it, you will be able to unlock it rather fast. Tribal start is tricky, because even though they are listed as tribals forever, they can build a spaceship at some point.

What do you mean by expanded research tree? It already has much more stuff in it. I'm going to work on it more for 1.0 release - to make it priettier and to rebalance some research

Oops, research tree depth was my bad. Didn't even scroll or look thoroughly enough! Looks great :)

And yeah, It's a minor thing with tribals. I like them building space ships eventually, just flavour-wise wanted the stove locked behind tech at the start :) Even if just a rapid research. They currently have sand bags, barbed wire and Auto-turrets under the security tab from the get go. Probably a bug as they can't even get electricity immediately. Keep it up brother man.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Psychology on January 12, 2017, 09:12:55 AM
Hygiene does not affect pawn behavior in any way more complex than just workgivers. It is specifically built to be 100% compatible with every other mod in existence. It is by far the least likely of all of my mods to trigger a mod conflict so I'm interested to know how you arrived at this conclusion.

I assumed that NeedDef isn't just workgivers.

In any case, the only way to know for sure if it's a conflict with CR is to test it with only two mods loaded. That's what I'm doing right now.

Quote from: mickey on January 12, 2017, 09:27:58 AM
But i have a problem... why my men Are inactive?

It's one hours of work... and the priority is high...

Did you follow installation instructions, including moving ModsConfig.xml file to your Config folder?
If you turn on dev mode, do you see any errors?

System.Linq

Exactly in what way do you think it's conflicting? As far as I'm aware the latest version works fine.

Fafn1r

If you are experiencing severe lag, it may be due to Caveworld Flora Devil's Tongue. Unpack attached file to your mods folder and delete all remaining Devil's Tongue with dev tool Destroy. This should fix the FPS drop.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

WoodyDaOcas

Good job on the modpack, helped me find useful mods I didn't find :)

Calico

Great to see a Modpack that feels more Vanilla! Might be just the thing i've been looking for. As great as Hardcore is, by this point i'm just overhelmed by it.

One Feedback/Question: Can i safely disable Increased Forest Density? I only played for a few hours now but every Faction is already starting to really really hate me. The amount and strength of Predators is just to much for most visiting Groups. I've seen large heavily armed caravans losing 2-3 ppl before they manage to exit the map.  :o

Clearing a small place to build only to have it overgrown again in less then a season also kinda kills the fun for me.

Canute

With the current game, i don't think you can disable it, you need to start a new game.

Or you can use Wildlife tab and start hunting parties each morning/week to eliminate the predators on the map, but you shouldn't just mark them for hunt you need a few people to kill one.

Fafn1r

Thanks for the feedback on forests. As I said, I play exclusively on deserts, so it is you who will be pushing other biome changes for me to make.

My suggestion for Increased Forest Density for 1.0 release:

• Reduce predator spawning back to vanilla values.
  • Keep predator speed, reduce damage if necessary.
This way predators would be more dangerous, but they wouldn't dominate the map, because they'd have vanilla numbers and hunger rate.

• Reduce tree sprite sizes back to vanilla - I see them even on my desert and I don't like it.
  • Keep increased density as it is.

I'd like to keep increased density, because that's what the mod is about and that's my favourite part of it. If you don't want plants regrowing - build wooden floor - you have plenty of wood anyway.
After I add Remote Explosives, clearing forests will get easier. I may also experiment with using toxic weapons to clear plants (IIRC there's a new mod that adds some).

Sounds good? I can make those changes into a hotfix file, just like Caveworld Flora. With this hotfix you won't have to start new colony, most likely.

EDIT:
Holy shit, skully updated his mods for A16. Expect more additions for 1.0, including EXTENDED STORAGE. ;D
But for now, enjoy 0.9a, with fixes. ;)

Calico

thx for the replies.
@canute: Hunting them down didnt prove viable, at least not during the phase of establishing the colony. Just to many Predators and way to few bullets to go around.  ;D
I also play with slightly larger maps, so this adds to the problem. I've disabled the mod for now and started again on a temperate forest. Feels kinda barren after the thick jungle like forest.

@Fafn1r: Sounds really really good. While i wouldn't mind slightly less trees the main problem really are the predators killing off any visiting factions. Your solution should fix that or at the very least make it easier to keep them under control.

Fafn1r

Here's the fix with reduced predator spawn rate. They are still more deadly than vanilla.

Did you guys noticed any problems with raids? Sieges without steel, raiders taking apparel, ignoring being shoot at?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Draxis

Just as a heads up, the increased density mod also creates tons of random rivers and lakes - the end result is often getting completely useless maps. I ended up disabling the mod and would recommend you take a look at whether it should be in by default. Perhaps a version which doesn't tweak map spawns quite so much would be a better choice, but I couldn't even start a new game with it on due to the maps I was getting.

Calico

@Fafn1r: So far raids seem to quite functional, but i haven't even finished a full year yet, so i only had a few small ones. I'll give your fix for the predators a try tomorrow.

I've encountered some rather extreme FPS drops. Not sure what causes it, but from the start of the Night to roughly 3-4 hours into the night my FPS drops to 10-20FPS even on low speed. Once it's completly dark the FPS go back to 60. My potato might be getting a bit old, but i've been playing rimworld for a few years now and the only time i've seen such extreme drops was with a 4-5 years large old colony back on the TechTreeMiami Modpack back in Alpha 7. xD