[A11] Alpha Muffalo (1.8)

Started by Kirid, April 14, 2014, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austupaio

Did I never mention that I love this mod? Well, I've got a short list of mods that I use every game, and this one's at the top.

I tell you, my colonists eat so many alpha burgers.

JKTD1919

Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

JKTD1919

Thanks to whoever changed the name to the proper name!
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

StorymasterQ

When the game goes to Beta, will there be a Beta Muffalo?! No, that's just silly.

...Bewilderbeast! Now that's an alpha.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Kirid

4 to 4F is just name change, was no issues.
This is my only mod I've bothered updating. I know people like it :p
The game is developing quickly, and I dont have much time to play, mod, test, update.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 24, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
When the game goes to Beta, will there be a Beta Muffalo?! No, that's just silly.
...Bewilderbeast! Now that's an alpha.
Lol, They'll probably always be alpha muffalo. That thing looks awesome.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Kirid

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Dr. Z

Will this get an update for Alpha 6? It's a really cool mod I would like to continue to use.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Kirid

I will update it soon. It needs a new xml for spawning in biomes, which is new, so it wasnt as simple as just checking/updating existing code.

Shinzy

Quote from: Kirid on August 14, 2014, 03:21:42 PM
I will update it soon. It needs a new xml for spawning in biomes, which is new, so it wasnt as simple as just checking/updating existing code.

You'll just need to add

<wildBiomes>
<li>
<biome>*</biome>
<commonality>0.5</commonality>
</li>
</wildBiomes>

*AridShrubland / Desert / TemperateForest

In between the <Race> tags in the Races_Animals.xml
to have them spawn in the right biomes

I'd honestly would be still struggling with updating any of my animals if Tynan hadn't held my hand and told me how that works =P Or just given up entirely
but you don't need to make a separate xml (thank god)

Kirid

Now working for Alpha 6!!
Thanks Shinzy! What you suggested works :)
Like other muffalo, they only spawn in the arid shrubland biome. ( I don't really like this)

Dr. Z

Can't you make them spawn in multiple biomes?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Bog

Quote from: Kirid on August 15, 2014, 03:05:39 PM
Now working for Alpha 6!!
Thanks Shinzy! What you suggested works :)
Like other muffalo, they only spawn in the arid shrubland biome. ( I don't really like this)
Maybe you should make them sometimes spawn in the desert biome as well, with a very low commonality.

Ie: the desert couldn't support large muffalo herds, but would still get occasional "hermit" Alpha Muffalos that are tough enough to live on their own.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

Dr. Z

No good idea, I think the Alphas would get really pissed over the surffalos. I imagine it like an adult sitting next to a bunch of teenies in the bus.
Prasie the Squirrel!