[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

At one of the tabs of the pawn you can select what kind of food policy it got, maybe he got a wrong policy, try to check this.

Xubrim

I noticed a conflict between Combat Extended and Smarter Food Selection. Combat Extended has a loadout system which drops any unassigned items, like the outfit manager for weapons/items. Animal handlers automatically force carry food to train/tame with and bypass the loadout system. Smarter Food Selection has an option for animals that changes the priority in which foods are consumed, which also allows them to be trained with hay (when appropriate). When these featured used at the same time, handlers become stuck in a loop where they pick up hay, drop it, and then picking it up again. This continues until their shift stops.

This is not gamebreaking and can be worked around. Manually ordering training/taming, adding hay to the loadout, having no loadout, and simply not using hay all seem viable.

I'm posting this on both pages for visibility and to save time for anyone else trying to figure out why their handlers went insane. I have zero clue which mod would be in a better position to address this issue, if either one of you are even inclined to attempt it. Hopefully it's something really easy.

rambo

about the reuse pods a little suggestion to make it better.
you can land in an any undiscovered area without the launcher and come back?

Wishmaster

To be honest I am inactive at the moment. I am sorry for the disappointment of the upcoming pods mod.
For now it lacks a map generation feature, split pods fleet, and fuel consumption and more...

@Xubrim if I understand well the issue, combat extended drops any "unassigned" items. Those excludes kibble and meals, meat and other vanilla used items for handling. Even if I was active atm I don't see how I could fix that.
Picking up food for handling and actually do the handling job are 2 distinct jobs.

Mosart

Quote from: Wishmaster on February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Sync GrowthSteamDownload2017.02.20Helps your crops to become mature at the same time.

Are this mod available for a17?

Mosart

EstebanLB01

There are still way tooo many leather tiers, I would like to have no more than 5 tiers. If I change the stats on the xml files, does your mod updates the tiers dynamically? Or can you at least make the mod configurale to see a range in stats instead of single values? Some leather tiers are almost identical except for an insulation factor diference of about 10% or even less

Wishmaster

Quote from: EstebanLB01 on July 14, 2017, 11:31:49 AM
There are still way tooo many leather tiers, I would like to have no more than 5 tiers. If I change the stats on the xml files, does your mod updates the tiers dynamically? Or can you at least make the mod configurale to see a range in stats instead of single values? Some leather tiers are almost identical except for an insulation factor diference of about 10% or even less

The very purpose of the mod is the merge leathers that are strictly identical. that's all.
If you change the vanilla XML files, yes the mod should adapt.

I am afraid names would be too long if they contain all their stats.

Oblitus

I think I've found a problem which was causing TML to half work. See pull request on GitHub. With that fix, animal collab mod works just fine for me.

PreDiabetic

First of all you are a savior. Good Job.

Smarter food selection should be baseline ingame. And it should have ingame option to "tick" or line up food consume order. I can't play without this. I hate that colonist drink milk when there are perfectly cooked Hamburgers. Even without VG damn colonists are so stupid they consume kibble instead of fine meal. W8 for 2.1.2

Wishmaster

Quote from: damngrl on July 16, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
First of all you are a savior. Good Job.

Smarter food selection should be baseline ingame. And it should have ingame option to "tick" or line up food consume order. I can't play without this. I hate that colonist drink milk when there are perfectly cooked Hamburgers. Even without VG damn colonists are so stupid they consume kibble instead of fine meal. W8 for 2.1.2

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately I am totally out of energy to work on mods for now. I don't even know if I'll come back.

Quote from: Oblitus on July 15, 2017, 05:05:02 PM
I think I've found a problem which was causing TML to half work. See pull request on GitHub. With that fix, animal collab mod works just fine for me.

I am out of RimWorld for now but had a look at your changes and even without testing, this makes sense decent. I'll update the mod.
Can you tell me if this fixed a situation where you had mods with leathers of not ?

edit: this indeed fixed the error that broke the mod with animals collab and likely other mods. Mod updated !

SpaceDorf

The perfect entry point for me ..

Your leather mod sorts and creates new leathertypes based on their properties.

Do you think it would be possible to sort apparel items, based on either coverage or bodyslot, into created or given ThingCategories ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Wishmaster

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 28, 2017, 11:28:48 AM
The perfect entry point for me ..

Your leather mod sorts and creates new leathertypes based on their properties.

Do you think it would be possible to sort apparel items, based on either coverage or bodyslot, into created or given ThingCategories ?

Sorry I don't understand.
Why sort apparel categories ?