[A17] Apini – Playable Bee race 🐝

Started by sera13, March 12, 2017, 06:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

It is wanted that Apini can't wear standard appearal ?
Then they realy need somemore appearal beside the apron that don't give any protection.

deshara218

disappointed that OP didn't justify no-sting by making it stingless honeybees instead

Canute

QuoteQ. Where are the prsothetics?
A. They are coming out in version 2.

That is realy needed soon, nearly all bee's got broken/missing legs and wings.

What do you think about some unique way about protetic and bionics ?

Apini are an bionetic engeneered race you wrote, then the designer could gave them some other abilities too.
I mean natural regrowth, they take a special medicin/drug, that give a special status to the whole body to increase hunger and made them tiered.
The status hold a few days, like an infection or toxic buildup. Then the healing effect

1. Chitin regrowth to remove scars, craft with herbal medicin and pollen
2. Extremities regrowth in 2 stages, let missing legs/wings regrowth as weak ones, and let weak ones growth to normal ones.  Craft with medicine and pollen.
3. Body strenght, kinda replacement for bionics. Craft with glitterworld medicine and pollen. Give a Whole body perma effect to increase all the body stats like bionics/synth. organs would do, but only by 1%.
You can use that multiple time to increase the effect unlimited. But after 10/20% there is a chance to let the pawn die or turn them into an abnormation.

1. stage : Scar remove, craft

Mitz

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2017, 03:33:34 AM
*snip*
1. Chitin regrowth to remove scars, craft with herbal medicine and pollen
2. Extremities regrowth in 2 stages, let missing legs/wings regrowth as weak ones, and let weak ones growth to normal ones.  Craft with medicine and pollen.
3. Body strength, kinda replacement for bionics. Craft with glitterworld medicine and pollen. Give a Whole body perma effect to increase all the body stats like bionics/synth. organs would do, but only by 1%.
You can use that multiple time to increase the effect unlimited. But after 10/20% there is a chance to let the pawn die or turn them into an abnormation.
that does sound good... could be a replacement for prosthetics. i think not being able to install prosthetics on apini, but making medicine to replace the limbs or remove scars sounds great.
i also think since they're bio-engineered certain chemicals, like the ones that come with medicine/herbal medicine, should make a reaction to regrow limbs from sensory memory.
another thing, the replacement limbs should always scar, but are faster to heal than normal injuries with the chitin regrowth medicine.
It's sad autism's an insult, then i must be an insult.
and my cat also must be an insult, as well as every other cat in the universe.
space cats.

sera13

Update
Both the steam and google drive versions have been updated.
Version 2.0 Patch Notes

New Features
• Apini now suffer claustrophobia (Thanks to ChJees)
• Apini now love the colour blue! (Thanks to ChJees)
• More backstories! (Thanks to the rimworld community for submitting them)
• Apini now buzz
• Apini can now receive heart and lung transplants.
• Apini can now utilise the following prosthetics:
– Peg Leg
– Simple Prosthetic Leg
– Simple Prosthetic Arm
– Bionic Arm
– Powerclaw

Fixes
• fixed the bug of traders appearing as humans infiltrating bee society
• Honey capsule filling optimised (Thanks to ChJees)
• Added more honey to the starting scenario.

Known issues
• Prepared carefully may bug out if it tries to set body types other than female
• Human player caravans won't recognise honey as a food source for their journeys.

Mitz

Quote from: sera13 on April 20, 2017, 12:52:44 AM
New Features
... *snip*
• Apini can now utilise the following prosthetics:
– Peg Leg
Simple Prosthetic Leg
– Simple Prosthetic Arm
– Bionic Arm
Powerclaw
... does that mean someone like xen can work on a apini EPOE mod? because you figured out the prosthetic things?
space cats.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Mitz on April 20, 2017, 04:18:51 PM
<snip>
... does that mean someone like xen can work on a apini EPOE mod? because you figured out the prosthetic things?
Geez, I feel so forgotten ;~;

Mitz

Quote from: Diana Winters on April 21, 2017, 12:42:36 AM
Quote from: Mitz on April 20, 2017, 04:18:51 PM
*what i said*
Geez, I feel so forgotten ;~;
sorreh, xen came first to mind... well, whoever can get a epoe for bees would be great!... even if it doesn't include wings. i want to have my bees be bionic tribals, 'cause reasons.
space cats.

Shinzy

Mitz

space cats.

Vaperius

Pollen needs to be valued less. One large harvest can bring in 20-30k pollen. At an average of 1.25 per that's 37,500 silver.

That is absolutely ludicrous for what it is man; maybe reduce the market value to a base of .75 and increase the plant growth time(it grows so fast my Apini never have time for other crops)?
I remain Vigilant.

sera13

Quote from: Vaperius on April 23, 2017, 12:20:14 AM
Pollen needs to be valued less. One large harvest can bring in 20-30k pollen. At an average of 1.25 per that's 37,500 silver.

That is absolutely ludicrous for what it is man; maybe reduce the market value to a base of .75 and increase the plant growth time(it grows so fast my Apini never have time for other crops)?
I definitely agree with your suggestion on the price value.

As for your second suggestion, the point of pollen is that its entirely viable for Apini to harvest enough to make enough honey to solely survive on. Thats what I based the production numbers on.

Vaperius

Quote from: sera13 on April 23, 2017, 12:46:52 AM
Quote from: Vaperius on April 23, 2017, 12:20:14 AM

I definitely agree with your suggestion on the price value.

As for your second suggestion, the point of pollen is that its entirely viable for Apini to harvest enough to make enough honey to solely survive on. Thats what I based the production numbers on.

Fair enough, but the value of the pollen needs to come down because right now its more viable to just grow pollen and mass sell it at near by towns than it is to wait for the honey to ferment. Also are the honey capsules a fermenting vat essentially for mechanics? The Apini never interact with them even with cooking or crafting at max priority and enormous volumes of pollen available.
I remain Vigilant.

sera13

Quote from: Vaperius on April 23, 2017, 01:53:32 AM
Fair enough, but the value of the pollen needs to come down because right now its more viable to just grow pollen and mass sell it at near by towns than it is to wait for the honey to ferment. Also are the honey capsules a fermenting vat essentially for mechanics? The Apini never interact with them even with cooking or crafting at max priority and enormous volumes of pollen available.
Huh
Chjees added code which helps with the priority much better than vanilla rimworld already
I will report to him this issue

Canute

Maybe you should made pollen nontradeable.
Fair enough you can made honey with nearly no craftpower out of them, and craft then into wax.